Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » *polite nod*

Terrisque

Just a simple, obligatory hello to the forums and community. I'm a long time rp-er, though new to the site. I'm quite comfortable doing scenes on all manner of subjects, and in just about any genre; I simply love the interaction and creation it involves. And since all we're doing is creating a fiction, why limit ourselves to our real life likes and dislikes? So I'm happy to meet you all and I look forward to what we might build together.
PANGAEA

Very nice to meet you, and welcome to RPR!! I'm pretty sure you'll fit right in here. <3
Hello fellow worldbuilder! I think. Would you consider yourself one?
TheGoldenNinja

Welcome to RPR! If you ever wanna rp, just shoot me a message.
Welcome to RPR! We have a lovely community here of all sorts of imaginative types so hopefully you'll quickly find some wonderful RP partners. We even have a great set of mods here who help whenever you are stuck and can't seem to figure something out.
Welcome to RPR! :3 You sound like you are going to fit in perfectly!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Looks like you're popular already. :D
ELLO wass up welcome to our office!!!
Blu_Dino

Gentlemen, welcome to the mighty world of Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern and Medieval of.. RPR!

I hope you have a good time here! If you want to RP, PM me! :D

For now, i hope you'll fit in very well! (Looks like it already)

A random Blue Dinosaur that was walking around.
More meat for the grinder, HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH. Now in all seriousness, welcome to the site, it is one of the best sites I have found for RPing and it is great to see new faces. Feel free to message me if you want to RP or need help.
Welcome to RPR! I really hope that you're enjoying yourself so far! :D
Terrisque Topic Starter

Wow, thank you all so much, I can honestly say this has been the warmest reception I've ever received, online or off. After some poking around and getting used to the site and interfaces, I most definitely hope I run into each of you in the rest of the forums.

And specifically @mk_97, I might be considerably rusty on building to that grand a scale, but it is something I've done before. Cheers, and here's to it happening again.
Kim Site Admin

Looking forward to running into you too! After doing all your poking around and getting used to things, do you have lingering questions you'd like answered? :)
Terrisque wrote:
Just a simple, obligatory hello to the forums and community. I'm a long time rp-er, though new to the site. I'm quite comfortable doing scenes on all manner of subjects, and in just about any genre; I simply love the interaction and creation it involves. And since all we're doing is creating a fiction, why limit ourselves to our real life likes and dislikes? So I'm happy to meet you all and I look forward to what we might build together.

I am glad that you found us! Welcome
Terrisque Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Looking forward to running into you too! After doing all your poking around and getting used to things, do you have lingering questions you'd like answered? :)

The only thing I've come across is probably a matter of etiquette. I've seen it done various ways on various sites, but is there a general agreed upon way to tag RP forum topics as open to random newcomers? I've seen a few bearing 'Open' or 'Closed' in the title, and was just curious if that was the generally accepted method? Personally, I'm formal enough I'd likely go through the hassle of contacting the original poster, getting to know them, asking directly, etc. *chuckle*
Kim Site Admin

Terrisque wrote:
The only thing I've come across is probably a matter of etiquette. I've seen it done various ways on various sites, but is there a general agreed upon way to tag RP forum topics as open to random newcomers? I've seen a few bearing 'Open' or 'Closed' in the title, and was just curious if that was the generally accepted method? Personally, I'm formal enough I'd likely go through the hassle of contacting the original poster, getting to know them, asking directly, etc. *chuckle*

Great question! Open/closed is the standard way of indicating that you definitely do or definitely do not want more players to join in to an ongoing RP. Anything without those specific tags, it would probably be best to PM the topic starter and see how they feel.

Although it's okay to join a topic marked as open just by jumping in, most still appreciate receiving a PM as a courtesy before you do so, just to make certain that the character you're thinking of adding is appropriate to the setting. :)
SarietheFae

hello! welcome nice to see another 30 something rper perhaps you would like to rp some time. good luck here
Sanne Moderator

Welcome! :D I love it when new members are happy with the welcome they get here. :) Hope to see you around!

(As for etiquette, we have some articles in the Help section that give you a general idea of what the most common guidelines are around here. Even though you're not new to RP, checking out the "New to Roleplay" guide can help! There's also a handy tidbit on "The Responsibility of All RPers" that covers some social guidelines. :) Hope this helps!)
Welcome to this awesome rp site! I really hope you enjoy this site and if you have any questions or wanna rp with me feel free to send me a message :D
Welcome to the site, Terrisque! I'm Rin ^_^ Hope you have a great time in here~ Feel free to message me and other fellow roleplayers as well if you feel like having a friendly chat or a game together!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » *polite nod*

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus