Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Land and Sky ( 1x1 Closed )

Andromeda (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

She looked to him and smile. Well, this might turn out to be a good day, after all. If he continued to speak of filling up her hull, then that would only add to her day. And a dirty thought came to her mind, and she gave a laugh to herself.

"This is Mr. Bodwin's house. Very large, very expensive, like his wife. He likes to visit other women just to get away from her nagging," she said, waving her hand toward a two story house with iron gates around it. It was very nice looking, with statues in the front yard of women in robes.

"This is Mr. Farde's house, he is an older gentleman, who likes the young ladies. Of course, his memory is bad, so he is quite easy to fool into thinking he has slept with them, when he really hasn't." She motioned to an older looking mansion, with a run down gate.

"And Mrs. Darin... well, she likes the ladies... and pays them well," she said, pointing to a pinkish colored house, three stories high with a little pond in the front yard. "Yes, she is quite nice, I'd say."
"Do you say that from experience or hearsay?" Lucia said with a grin, mentally putting away the locations and names.
"PLenty to work with, lots of possibilities. How is security in this area? If you know."

"A lady never tells!" she said with a wink, and then she gave a thought about the security in this area. "Well, as you know, money can buy anything. So this place is pretty secure. But that doesn't mean there isn't a way around that. It is pretty easy to bypass if you know where to look. Some people have actual systems, while others just hide their things well. Animals... There are also animals that can alert the owners. But, like I said, there is always a bypass, no matter the security."
"Sounds resonable enough..." Lucia said, taking mental notes. "OK... should someone blow the whistle, how far is the closest Gaurds Quarters? You know, just in case?"

"Geez!" she said, moving closer to him, and leaning in to whisper. "Don't make it apparent or anything what you are thinking of doing." She wasn't stupid. She knew where these questions were going. She also knew that people around here weren't stupid either. So if anyone overheard them talking, then that would only mean trouble. "There is one in the middle of this district, and one on the southern end. By no means is it close to this area, but, that doesn't mean guards are fast. If you hear something that implies you've been given away, you get the hell out. Don't dilly dally."
"Hmm..." Lucia took one last look around and nodded. "Alrighty then, I think I've seen enough. How about we find some other place to admire?" Lucia stopped for one moment, frowning and looking at one manor in particular.
"Tell me about this place..." He said. It had a tall iron gate, with dark brick walls around the perimiter. The manor itself was three stories tall, and had an overall haunting look to it.

Andromeda shrugged. "Never been in there. I've been curious about it, but everyone says that its completely empty, nothing was left behind when the owner died, and his house was looted. I guess someone beat me to it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a look around though." She scratched her head for a moment, and then sighed.

"Man, he was loaded too. Whoever got there first is a rich Son of a--- well, you know."
He nodded a bit.

"It's strange... I recognize the emblem..." He said, nodding to the crest on the gate. "Very strange indeed... since it's my crest..."

Andromeda nodded her head and looked up to the emblem he mentioned. "Yeah, I'm not really sure who... Wait... What?! What did you say?!" She turned to look at him, nearly wanting to grab him and shake him. "Is it a family crest? Or actually yours? I mean... I never met the guy here... did you use to live here? Is there something you aren't telling me?!"

She was a hurricane of questions by then, not sure what was going on at that point.
Lucia glanced around, then reached into his pocket and pulled out something... It looked like a large pocketwatch, but there were a couple buttons and knobs on the side that wasn't on regular watches. He didn't open it, but turned it over in his hands.

On the back was an emblem. A symbol similar to yinyang, but with a silver diamond shape in the center, and the two circles were missing. It was simple... and the exact same crest as the one on the gate. Sure it was wrought in iron and had no colors, but the shape was perfect.

"I'm the only one with this mark. And I have never been to this place before..." He said, his eyes staring at the mansion. He muttered something, along the lines of "Have I found one?" But it was so hushed not even he heard it clearly.

"Hmm?" she said, when he couldn't hear what he had said. "Well, maybe someone is using your identity. I'm not sure why the previous owner would though." She raised her hand to her chin in thought. That was very strange in deed. It wasn't often you found someone with an emblem, but when you did, it was truly theirs. She had yet to see one that was even close to similar to someone else's.
"Like I said. i have no idea who would be here. I've never been here, so who would know to use my identity. And this place has been here a while..."

Shaking his head he turend and walked away.

"Let's be off. This place is uneasy for me."

She looked at him, and then back to the mansion. She tilted her head just slightly, and thought on it a bit more. "Alright then, if you say so," she said, looking back to him and following. She felt there was something here she wasn't being told, but, that was something she would just have to be patient on. Either that, or wait til she got him drunk and pried it from him.
They moved on, and eventually found themselves abck at the bar.

"Well, this has certainly been interesting..." he said, folding his arms in thought. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a small bag of gold coins. He tossed it to her.

"Here, for showing me around, and finding me that mansion. Know that now that I've seen that place, you're pay will go up, but so will the risk."

When the found their way back to the bar, she immediately motioned for a drink, and then would looked to him, rather surprised when he paid her. She looked at the coins for a moment, but smiled, and didn't dare offer a rejection.

"Risk?" she said, and laughed it off. "I love the risk." She was brought a drink, and she paid with some of the coins she had been given. "One on me?"
"Sure, I'll take one." He sat at teh bar, and took out a small book, writing several things down. "Well... I guess next is to figure a diversion. You don' tknow any people in power personally, do you?"

"Personally?" she said, taking the glass when given to her. She looked to the caramel colored liquid inside, before taking it back in one gulp. "No... I don't. But, I do know someone who does. She is... well, I would have to warn you, she is ten times worse than me. That's why she knows someone in power. At least I have standards." She would call for another drink.
"Excellent." He said, rubbing his hands together.
"let's meet her."

She looked at him, and raised a brow. "Not today, I'm afraid." She raised her second glass to her lips, but didn't drink. She lowered it after a moment, and then looked at him. "Tonight, I think she will be in town. We can meet her then. I'll send Sirius to give her a message." She took a napkin, and stole a pen from behind the counter and scribbled on it. She would fold it up, and hand it to her black, furry companion.

"Give that to Melena, if you can find her," she said, and the little creature would scamper off.
Lucia watched at the little critter left and looked at Andromeda.

"So tell me about this... Melena."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Land and Sky ( 1x1 Closed )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus