Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » A New Years Gift! Pancake Madness!

Bonebag Topic Starter

For all of those still interested, I am leaving this open until 6pm tomorrow (January 2nd, 2012), American Central Time - GMT-7 I believe. Up until that point, you may request a pancake. After that point, it's shut down, unless you post something like 5 or 10 minutes after the deadline.
Bonebag wrote:
For all of those still interested, I am leaving this open until 6pm tomorrow (January 2nd, 2012), American Central Time - GMT-7 I believe. Up until that point, you may request a pancake. After that point, it's shut down, unless you post something like 5 or 10 minutes after the deadline.

Eastern is GMT-5 so -6 for Central. :)
Bonebag Topic Starter

Polls are now closed. Thank you for entering! Pancakes will be produced in around an hour.
Bonebag Topic Starter

Polls are now closed. Thank you for entering! Pancakes will be produced in around an hour.
WELCOME TO PANCAKE MADNESS! Where the rules are made up and the points don't matter (guess that reference). Alright, time to feature the spoils of our efforts!
ff0dc89c.png

First up, we have Darth's Wondrous Pancakes!
19dd4c1d.png
As you can tell, they are quite delicious. I crafted each letter quite carefully, whilst cursing him for his superior socks and accent.

Sanne (Gregory) came next! We thought about doing her cats, but then I remembered, "Wait... I hate cats. [radio edit] that!"
56fa597d.png
Also delicious.

Next was Bones:
8166901e.png
In order to conserve batter, I got creative.

Then I did my own, which were pre-planned on New Years' Eve:
f0c70ed3.png
True story.

From here, Bones started directing me on what to put. So, here we have Cynn's.
67d59cd0.png
It's a Pokeball. It also mildly resembles Animal from The Muppets.

And then, Celestina's turn came up! With the longest name on the list, we had to abbreviate a tad.
11a986ce.png
Apparently, Celes is in a gang.

It was at that point that we took a break, so that Bones- who hadn't eaten all day, could enjoy our spoils before we began again.
3b273311.png
I swear to god he was sober.

...ish?
Bonebag Topic Starter

We began to run out of eggs and milk at this point, so we decided to just ride out as far as we could into the sunset, and then give our horses a proper viking burial, after which point we would summon Kim (in her Dragonzord mode) to come give us a lift back to the RPR Castle.
fdb8ec7f.png
At this point, I... tried to do Lance, but at the end the Walmart bag we were using to pour the batter (a la pastry chef style) tore open LIKE A MIGHTY KRAKEN, AND BEGAN DEVOURING THE SCOURGE FROM THE LAND, SHUNNING THE NON BELIEVERS, AND EATING ONLY THE MOST HEARTY OF SOULS. So yeah, we had to switch to our last batch of batter and some sort of... zip-lock bag pourer... thing.

a9338fb8.png
This is for Heimdall; however, it obviously doesn't say "Awesome Viking Ancient Wyrm From the Days of Olde." I didn't have the proper pourer for that and I am lazy, so I took Andy's advice and spelled He-Man instead.

50a54b60.png
THIS is one of my favorites we made right here. Why? Well, if you didn't know, I am a Brony - I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I discovered that Earendill was as well in the Off Topic chat thread several days ago and the rest is history. I was almost out of batter, and at first I wanted to spell 'Fluttershy is best Pony.' but all I could do was 'Yay!' He'll get it. *Brohoofs Earendill.*

I hope that all of you had as much fun as we did during this event! Sorry I spaced out the timestamps, but those are just a thang anyway.

Some of you might be wondering when we'll be doing this again. Andy and I will reveal the date of the next Pancake Madness right now:

NEVER. AGAIN.
Kim Site Admin

Whoa, you guys have some serious pancake skillz! :D
*steals some of Heim's pancake*

Those look friggen delish. XD I am so jelly of you guys. All the pancaaakes!
Bonebag Topic Starter

Three things:

First: Kim, you go girl.

Second: Kim, IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME. I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIALZ?

Third: Since this is over, could you (Kim/Mods) close it in a few days? No use having it float around when it's over with.
Really, the hardest part was figuring out how we were going to shape the letters. We managed to pull a ghetto idea out of our [radio edit] and pulled out an old Wal-Mart sack, poked a hole in the bottom, and just poured all the batter in there. It made it pretty easy. Unfortunately the bag didn't last long. Things sorta went downhill from there...
I adore how the exclamation mark is so tiny. On purpose or not, it's perfect for Fluttershy XD
Also, you guys just made me terribly hungry. TO THE FRIDGE CAVE!
This was seriously the coolest thing ever. I absolutely love it.
Also, the reference!
WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAYS?!

The 'so drunk' one made me giggle x3

Also, hullz yes I'm in a gang! *epicfaise*

Thank you <3 It made me very happy to see my (abbreviated) name as a pancake!

BEST NEW YEARS GIFT EVAR!!
hah, sounds like you guys had a blast doing this :) It makes me want pancakes even more....I think I shall make them for dinner tonight :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I have to admit, I didn't know quite what to expect with these pancakes but I'd say they turned out excellently :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

Bonebag wrote:
a9338fb8.png
This is for Heimdall; however, it obviously doesn't say "Awesome Viking Ancient Wyrm From the Days of Olde." I didn't have the proper pourer for that and I am lazy, so I took Andy's advice and spelled He-Man instead.

It's like you live inside my head! :')
Well, once we got a system for controlled pouring going, it was pretty easy. We had some trouble with our second batch because the batter was too thin and we had trouble with it not staying in one place.
It figures mine goes and drops a [radio edit] fly in your soup. Heh. Still looked good. Did I taste as good as I looked? Heh.
Sanne Moderator

56fa597d.png

OMMMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!!
Look, Sanne's so excited her exclamation points turned upside-down!
I'd like in on this, but save me for last for obvious reasons of my username being Grand Finale.

Also, for simplicity, just do G. Finale.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » A New Years Gift! Pancake Madness!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus