Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Howdy Howdy

wave_zps7680cd51.gif

Good morining, or whatever time it happens to be where you are!
I'm Danny, or sobek, and I'm terrible at introducing myself. I'm a tiny goofball with permanent ten-year-old-boy-face, I draw a little, write a lot, and cry over TV shows (and literally everything else).

I've been roleplaying for approximately forever (or since before Neopets was bought out by Nickelodeon). I mostly do fantasy and sci-fi because I'm nothing if not predictable. I've barely got anything up over here but I've got a bunch of the crew somewhat finished (not at all finished) on C Hub.
welcome to the office i hope you have a good time here and if you need any help let us know.
Welcome to the site Danny. Any particular Sci-Fi universe you like?
Welcome to RPR, I hope you're settling in. You'll find a lot of people are into Sci-Fi here. I hope you make lots of friends!
:3 Welcome to RPR
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! :) Neopets is the beginning of my RP adventure too! Glad to have you here.
Welcome! Love the Gif!
sobekstar Topic Starter

Wow!! Y'all are fast! Thanks for the warm welcome.
XXXKILLZONEUS wrote:
Welcome to the site Danny. Any particular Sci-Fi universe you like?

Ahhhh.....original? I used to do some Star Wars but it was pretty stressful, I tried Mass Effect but never made a character that I liked, so I mostly just play in a generic hard sci-fi setting. I got a ton of aliens.
Sanne wrote:
Welcome to RPR! :) Neopets is the beginning of my RP adventure too! Glad to have you here.
Nice! /high-five
Do you remember all the crazy code-talk you had to do to get around the filters? Especially if you wanted to do an off-site rp?
CrimsonKnight212

Hey, welcome to the site! As you can see, it's a really friendly community :) Don't ever hesitate to PM someone asking to RP!
Heyo! Welcome to RPR, make yourself at home here.
Just call me the recruitenator. B)
Kim Site Admin

sobekstar wrote:
Sanne wrote:
Nice! /high-five
Do you remember all the crazy code-talk you had to do to get around the filters? Especially if you wanted to do an off-site rp?

YES. I was banned from RPing on neopets as a kid because I mentioned that a vampire drinks blood, and the word blood was apparently way too graphic for children. It's so funny to me how many people got their start there! It was so unbelievably hard.

Anyway, welcome to the site, thrilled to meet you! Is that you in the gif? :O
Sanne Moderator

sobekstar wrote:
Sanne wrote:
Nice! /high-five

The site was only a little over two years old when I joined (March 2002), I remember how the filters were being added as more and more young people started using the site and they eventually changed their focus from college students to children!
sobekstar Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
YES. I was banned from RPing on neopets as a kid because I mentioned that a vampire drinks blood, and the word blood was apparently way too graphic for children. It's so funny to me how many people got their start there! It was so unbelievably hard.

Anyway, welcome to the site, thrilled to meet you! Is that you in the gif? :O

Oh man, I think I lost every account I made there because I only rped through messengers and you'd get the banhammer for talking about it.
I'm still friends with one of the people I met there, before the forums went so strict.

It is me! But about a year ago, so here is a newer gif!
hello_zpsewhrkrms.gif
Sanne wrote:
The site was only a little over two years old when I joined (March 2002), I remember how the filters were being added as more and more young people started using the site and they eventually changed their focus from college students to children!

I was definitely one of those young people, whoops! It had to have been 03 or so when I joined up, since I didn't get caught by the under-thirteen age filter but, man, I look back and all I can think is oh my god, I'm so sorry to anyone that rped with me. I wrote a Inuyasha rip-off character that I wish I could erase from my brain entirely.
Welcome to RPR! Awesome gif! :D I used to play neopets when I was a lot younger, but I never got into RPing on it. Sci fi is a fun genre, though I tend to prefer 'soft' sci fi. I hope you find lots of new RPs and have a ton of fun! We're all really friendly here so don't be afraid to jump right in :D
SarietheFae

hello and welcome! i am a bit older when neo pets came out but they where pretty neat wel lI wish you the best of luck here and welcome!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Howdy Howdy

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus