Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Might be a newbie

Yes, as the title say - I might be a newbie!

As the rest of you(probably) I'm looking for someone to write with and, of course, do a little RP-ing with. I thought that maybe if I wrote in here there might be some nice people who would introduce themselves :D

A little about me: I'm a Danish girl, who loves to write and I really want to practice my written English. I study at the University of Copenhagen, where I study Arabic with minor in religion. I don't do fanfic, since I prefer original stories and characters, but I still find Supernatural, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and other great books/movies/series very awesome. I'm very into fantasy, and I love magic.

Hope I sparked someone's interest, and if I did? Message me!
Hey there! Welcome to RPR, make yourself at home. What kind of RP styles do you prefer, by the way?
Penholder Topic Starter

mk_97 wrote:
Hey there! Welcome to RPR, make yourself at home. What kind of RP styles do you prefer, by the way?

Just edited my text, so I guess you can see that now :)
Welcome to RPR! We actually have a lot of folks here with English as a second (sometimes third or forth) language, and you seem to be doing just fine with it. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site!! :D English is my 4th language and roplaying has been a super big help in developing my language skills. I hope it helps you too!

I happened to be watching a Danish series on Netflix the other day (Rita) and it amuses me how Danish is a combination of all the languages I know. I'm interested in learning to speak and read it myself now. :)

Anyway, I hope you'll find your way around the site alright! Let us know if you have any questions or need help with something, and have fun!
Penholder Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Welcome to the site!! :D English is my 4th language and roplaying has been a super big help in developing my language skills. I hope it helps you too!

I happened to be watching a Danish series on Netflix the other day (Rita) and it amuses me how Danish is a combination of all the languages I know. I'm interested in learning to speak and read it myself now. :)

Anyway, I hope you'll find your way around the site alright! Let us know if you have any questions or need help with something, and have fun!

Thanks a lot! And good luck learning Danish - I hear from my international friends that the language is a bitch, if you don't have experience with Scandinavian languages or German :)
I happen to watch Rita too ;)
Sanne Moderator

Penholder wrote:
Thanks a lot! And good luck learning Danish - I hear from my international friends that the language is a bitch, if you don't have experience with Scandinavian languages or German :)
I happen to watch Rita too ;)

I'm fluent in Dutch, German and English with a dialect on top. I already understand about 15% of spoken Danish without knowing the language at all. ;)

Is there another season for Rita? Netflix only has one season.
Hello Penholder, welcome to RpRep!! I am new to this site too and hope you will find it as enjoyable as I am finding it. Im from India, and English is my 2nd language though im pretty fluent in it. I am also a big fan of Lord of the Rings series. Hope we can RP sometime. :)
Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you're having a lot of fun here and making tons of new friends. Though now ya'll have me curious, what is Rita about? XD
SarietheFae

welcome! I started roleplay many years ago to work on charater evloution and I been hooked every since I hope you enjoy the site and meet tons of people here
Everyone is new at first Welcome!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! As you've probably noticed, we are overflowing with friendly people who love to write. I am certain you will fit in beautifully here. :) But please don't hesitate to ask if you run into any problems or confusions.
welcome to rpr i hope you enjoy it here! :-)
Hi, Penholder and welcome! Glad to see another dedicated college-going player :)
Copenhagen's beautiful, a relative of mine is studying abroad there now. I'd be glad to talk characters or world building sometime, and ESL isn't something I'm familiar with (it is my primary language) but hey, you're in the right community - I haven't met one unfriendly person here yet.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Might be a newbie

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus