Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Murder, they Roleplayed (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Loren

Alright, this will be a pretty unorthodox roleplay. By unorthodox I mean wacky, weird and prone to causing paranoia.

giphy.gif

In the fifties, there was a small island near the british isles. A resort. A mansion of the infamously wealthy Dr. Black, the millionaire whose eccentricities had spread across the country.
It should cause no suprise that the man decided to invite a group of detectives, sleuths, mystery writers and police officers who he was very lightly acquainted with to his home for a stay and a dinner, where he would reveal a secret to the world at large.

tumblr_n2w7kd6osv1qayeymo8_500.jpg

I AM!

Well, not me, but Dr. Black, of course, who I will roleplay until his untimely demise, right before he could reveal his secret. I also may take up the role of Nelson, the gardener, and a variety of other miscellaneous characters -servants, the butler, the cook and the like- who will definitely not be the killers.

The six other people in this roleplay will take the role of the guests, who have taken upon themselves to catch the killer of Dr. Black for reasons of your own.

I myself will be creating new characters. You don't need too, of course, but I am going to be strict here and only accept characters who are completely human. No magic, no superpowers, no aliens. Sorry, folks. And, of course, they need to be detectives or mystery writers or sleuths or something related to crime.

tumblr_mvpx4wnHtu1rzv3cwo1_500.gif

I'm also not sure if any of your characters would die at the hands of the murderer later on: this is an option that I want to discuss before the roleplay starts and I am totally fine with any results of the consensus.

Here's the catch:
One of your characters is the killer.

5257_3ff3.gif

A few posts after the roleplay begins, I will choose a person at random and secretly PM them about it. That person should absolutely keep their murderous habits a secret until they are revealed. Later on, ala Poirot, there will be a reunion in the mansion in which each character will throw their evidence and theories on who exactly is the culprit. It's up for everyone to try to find out who the killer is, and for the murderer to try to keep the fact hidden.

Honestly, though, revealing yourself too soon would ruin the whole plot.
Besides, you'll get to look smug afterwards.

tumblr_lxd612gKGn1qe6b6g.gif

Now then. Who killed Dr Black in his study with the steel sabre?

tumblr_inline_nawbg0fqN01rvpdg2.gif

VICTIM

- The eccentric Mr. Black, found dead in X killed with a X.

SUPECTS

-Julianne Moffet. English. Mystery writer and amateur detective.

-Winter Pursilver. French. Mystery writer and gothic poet.

-Lewis Darling. Northern Irish. Former police officer.

-Marie Attenbough. Irish. Researcher and journalist, specializing in biochemistry.

- Caleb Peason. American. Detective.

-Mateo Aceves.
Loren Topic Starter

On another less giftastic note, I'm willing to discuss and alter stuff about the beggining of the roleplay and most plot points. The line about "Who killed Dr Black in his study with the steel sabre?" is actually just temporary until we see how Dr Black REALLY died...

I am looking for six other roleplayers apart from me. I'd actually prefer to roleplay this one in PMs, because I can use "Loren" to GM a few things. As for the characters, you don't need to make new ones, of course, but if you do you don't need to name them after Cluedo names XD
CrimsonKnight212

This. THIS.

So, not like I'm already doing another RP with you or anything, BUT, I'd love to do this. I'd create a new character for it. But I don't want to take up a space someone else could fill, so ...
He idea! Chris here is supposed to be an assassin so what if he is invited, after becoming "reformed" And a detective himself. He would be the perfect suspect or the perfect killer. But either way he is a versatile character(cause he has no story XD ) so what doyou think?
Loren Topic Starter

Haha, no, it's fine! What type of character are you planning on bringing? (By the way, I'm making Dr. Black and co when we have at least four people or so.)

Er, I dunno, link XD An assassin in the 50s? And Black, even if he is trying (and failing) to do a Xanatos Gambit with calling six detectives, sleuths and whatnot to his island before revealing his secret, would think twice about calling an (even if reformed) assassin, no? XD
CrimsonKnight212

I'm thinking either a mystery writer or a somewhat-above-amateur sleuth. Not sure yet.

And you have no idea how much I love this idea! I've read almost every Agatha Christie novel there is (and I collect them). I'm obsessed with murder mystery!
Loren Topic Starter

Oh, Agatha Christie's awesome! I love murder mysteries. (Ironically enough, I actually put six investigators in the gifs, counting only one Sherlock Holmes XD Poirot, Miss Marple and Ariadne Oliver are all great.) Speaking of Agatha Christie, if we all go with the "Everybody can die" policy, this may plummet into a And Then There Were None plot ^^;

It'd also be fun if everybody had a motive to murder Dr. Black >:) His "grand secret", which I won't reveal just yet, could range from revealing a crime to blackmail to something else.
CrimsonKnight212

Yeah, when I first started reading the post, my mind immediately went to And Then There Were None! I love it so much! XD I'm open to the "Everyone can die" policy, personally - but then again, I'm the one who, when my friends and I play the game 'assassins,' I have NO mercy bahaha (but that also makes me SUPER paranoid and not come out of my room for days on end :P But that's part of what I love the most about it!)

And YES, everyone should have a motive, a la the wonderful, complicated-ness of Clue (the movie) :D
Well either way he is a more modern character and i can be anything that needs played. the plot seems interesting and i look forward if you will let me.
Loren Topic Starter

Well, I kinda wanted a character more aimed at the 50s than anything, really ^^; I don't think this roleplay would fit your character very well, sorry.
Julianne Moffet (played anonymously)

Here's the character I've made! :D (I'll add more info for her later, but it's a start!)
Loren Topic Starter

Nice! I've also created Dr. Black.
I won't be adding too much info to him, though, considering he'll die so early, and to keep the mystery XD
I would like to play, if there is room. :) I love a good mystery!
Loren Topic Starter

Sure, of course there is! :D Are you planning on making a new character or bringing an old one?
Winter Pursilver (played anonymously)

I'm will working on her. Her name is Miss Pursilver. And she is a Mystery writer and a Gothic poet/writer. :)
Loren Topic Starter

Nice, I see. Will she have a "motive" to murder our dear Dr. Black, though? It'd be hilarious if everyone really had a reason XD (No need to reveal yet it if she does, though :P)
Winter Pursilver (played anonymously)

Then should I pm it to you? The motive.
Loren Topic Starter

Yeah, sure!
Hey! Crimson has rounded me up for this and, well, to be honest, I was considering replying already. I have two characters that could be compatible, But Logan is a bit more mythical than Matt--so it's whoever you choose!
Loren Topic Starter

Hallo! I'd prefer Matt more than Logan, to be honest. I want to set this roleplay realistic and human-only. (Which is a first for me ^^;) It's also set in the fifties, though, so I'd you'd probably need to do some changes, I guess.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Murder, they Roleplayed (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus