Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Blue Bounty (1x1)

Mai Kole (played by CelestinaGrey)

Mai Kole stood in the office room, watching the intern pace. She was in a small business apartment, waiting for the package to get back from the hand's of the intern's boss. The process was taking longer than it should, and the poor intern was quite intimidated by the rather punkish-looking female. Her looks didn't matter, though, when her family name was enough to strike fear into the hears of any worker when they were faced with the possibility of failure.

Mai sighed softly and rubbed at her cheek. "Is he coming, or not?" she asked bluntly. Her one good eye stared at the intern intensely. The poor younger male blubbered out some excuse, then went into the next room to try and find out what the hold-up was. Mai just stayed where she was. She could be patient.
He was walking down the sidewalk in silence navigating his way through the cities afternoon rush hour crowds as a low growl would escape his throat. He glanced down at a small piece of paper in his hand and then looked up looking at the building around him.

"It's around here somewhere...Man I hate hunts in the city...Too many innocents. And why did I park so far away again?"

He then muttered a string of profanities as he put the piece of paper on the side pocket of his coat and ran a hand through his hair before looking about once more.

"Ah...there it is. Informant said something about the target going to a office building today...well I'm not just gonna bust in there. Too many innocents. Don't know what will happen. Not like anything will be different out here but at least here it'll be hard for the target to run away easily..."

He then stood there in silence watching the traffic whip by waiting for a opening before crossing the road and going up to the office building. He then slid his hands behind his back acting like he was putting them in his back pockets which was true for one hand. But his other hand went to the handle of his revolver as he turned and leaned back against the wall.

"Now is where it becomes a waiting game. And why am I talking to myself? Man I gotta quit that. Dangit Rocky...Shut up already!"

He would then mutter another string of curses before sighing lightly as he leaned back against the wall.
Mai Kole (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

The intern soon came back, quite nervously, and handed her the package. "Good. I'll send the payment later. If he can delay my package, I can delay his payment. Make sure you tell him I said this." she said calmly. She walked through the hall and down the stairs to head out of the building. When she was there, she noticed a man hanging around nearby but she didn't pay him much attention. She walked out to the street, to the motorcycle that was waiting for her.

She paused for a moment to inspect the package without opening it.
He watched her quietly as his eyes flashed and a small smirk crossed his face.

"Bing-o..." he said softly to himself. He watched her quietly for a moment making note of the direction she was heading before pushing off the wall once she had stopped. He silently walked up behind her keeping one hand on his weapon as his other swung freely at his side. As he neared her, he would place a hand gently but with a firm grip on her shoulder as he leaned his head forward and spoke in a low tone in her ear without waiting for a reaction.

"Listen carefully sweetheart. I'm tired and a bit irritable right now. I don't feel like causing a scene so your going to play along with me here. If not, I do have my other hand on a gun and will shoot. Maybe not to kill but you will have a bullet in you if you don't comply with what I say. Here's what's gonna happen. Your ride over there. We're gonna go tell em I'm an old friend of yours and we're gonna go hang out for a bit and catch up since we ain't seen each other in a hot minute. Your package there... Give it to em to take to it's destination. Items on your person are not of my concern. Only you. So...you want to play along or call my bluff on the bullet theory? Here is where you answer. I suggest you choose wisely."

He would then draw his head back as he slowly removed his hand from her shoulder and chuckled softly.

"And don't worry. I won't make you walk much. Just to where I'm parked at. Couple blocks up. After that, your feet can rest. Now...Make your choice..."

Mai was still as someone touched her, staying quiet and not moving while she listened to the male voice. She wasn't tense, she didn't even seem afraid for that matter. "If you're tired, you should go sleep. Don't you think?" she asked calmly. Her head tilted slightly so that she could face him a little, showing the eyepatch she wore. "What makes you think I am afraid of a bullet?"

But like him, she felt like there were too many innocents around. She could start a fight, but it could get someone else hurt. She sighed patiently. When he let go of her she'd simply walk towards her ride and hand the package over, murmuring calmly to her ride. The man gave a nod, then would head off on his own. Body turned, and Mai faced her kidnapper, hands on her hips. "Alright...You said you were going to take me to where your car is parked?"
As she turned around after conversing with the bike driver, his hands would be in his pockets having trusted her enough where he had removed his hand from his gun. He stood there quietly looking at her then the driver as he drove off. A slight breeze would toy with his hair for a moment as he kept his face in the direction the bike had gone but his eyes staring at her. He would smirk lightly before walking up to her as his head returned to it's normal position.

"I can sleep when I'm dead. In todays world, there is no time."

He then tilted his head to the side as though pointing with it.

"Cars are for family men and races. In this case, you get to ride in a truck. Hope you like big ones."

He then started in the direction.

"First things first. I'm curious. Why does a beauty like you have a bounty on her head? You ain't the first I've seen with one but you are the first I'm asking."

Mai walked along with him, lifting a single eyebrow as he posed his question. "What, your employer didn't give you a reason? Hm. Well there's a few reasons. But do you really want to know them? You might chicken out on trying to kill me." There was no emphasis on the word 'trying', but it was still there nonetheless. "But since you asked, I'll answer. I'll give you just one reason of many. I'm from a very wealthy family. The sole heir to the family business. I've made many large, powerful businessmen angry with refusing future propositions. If I die, they get to fight over the business like wolves over a piece of lamb."
He chuckled a bit at her response.

"Nice metaphor use. And as such is the corrupt world of businessmen. And no. They didn't give me a reason. And that's because I didn't ask for one. I just ask for jobs. The reasons why, like the package you had are of no concern of mine. Their reasons are theirs and theirs alone. As for killing you...Well truthfully I about reached through the phone and killed the man who gave me this job just because of how bitterly he spoke of you. I'm not too fond of negative speech towards a woman. And truthfully. I'm not too fond of killing women either. That's why I find loopholes. If all they ask for is proof, then I just give them a lock of the targets hair or something like that. Unless their specific on the proof. That's when things get hairy."

He would then chuckle once more.

"I will say however that you have earned my respect a bit by saying you didn't give in to them. Now heres a question that should be on your mind given what I just said. Does my employer want any kind of proof of your demise. And unfortunately...yes. He does. And as my duty entails, I'll give him what he asked for. But see...like I said...I'm not fond of killing women so we're gonna have fun with it."

He would then look ahead towards a parking garage. More specifically, the second level where the grill of a clearly larger than normal truck easily cleared the barricade that overlooked the street.

"Got any plans for the next while?"

He would then glance at her and smirk a bit.

Mai looked at him strangely. "You're not quite the bounty hunter I usually get." she said simply. She shrugged and looked up to the level of the parking garage, following his gaze. "Hm. I think by now my agenda already involves some strange scheme with you." She glanced at him. "But honestly it is a useless endeavor. If you pretend to kill me, he'll find out easily because I refuse to step down and play dead. The only acceptable possibility that I can find is me beating you. But that would damage your reputation. However, as kind as you are to me, and I do appreciate it, I would rather keep my father's business than keep your reputation."

Well, at least she was honest.
Ace Spencer (played by Hurricane_Lance)

He once more chuckled at her response as he started up the stairs of the parking garage.

"Your assuming things. Did I say anything about your pretending to be dead?"

He would then smirk a bit more.

"Employer just said he wanted your body as proof. And I think I can get a few more bucks out of him than what he offered. Could present a monetary gain for you and your business as well so I'm thinking we take him your body."

Mai frowned at this news. "Take him my body? You better explain quickly, or I'll be turning right around to be on my merry way." She would follow him up the stairs for now, but she wasn't bluffing. She'd really just go right back where she'd come from if he didn't explain his plan to her.
He shrugged lightly.

"Like I said. Loopholes. He specified your body. Didn't say dead...didn't say cold...didn't say lifeless or any variation. So you in your body is gonna show up right on his doorstep. Depending on how I feel, his residence may undergo so renovations in thenprocess. Been awhile since I drove my truck through a wall."

He would then chuckle a bit.

"So...he'll get your body. Just not the way he'll be expecting."

The plan he spoke of made her grin. "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm just curious however, why go against your employer? Are you really that against hurting girls?" She chuckled a bit and shook her head. "It's surprising to me. I don't quite understand why a bounty hunter would have such limitations."

She shrugged. "Of course, I can't complain. That limitation is currently saving my life."
He glanced at her quietly for a moment then chuckled lightly.

"You shoulda seen what happened to the last guy who hired me to get a girl. I can't say I got a perfect record on it though as sometimes my sister does hunts too...so...yeah."

He then chuckled a bit more as he walked towards his truck.

"I'll give you the option. You can either knock on the front door or join me in making a new one."

He would then open the door of his truck and glanced at it.

"Umm...Want a boost?"

Mai looked at him. "Why is that? Why don't you kill women? I mean, women can be just as cruel as men. So what is stopping you from hurting them?" When he posed the question of how to enter, she smirked. "I want to knock on the door and see the look on his face." As he offered to give her a boost, she rolled her eye and lifted herself up into the large truck. "Just because I'm a girl and in a skirt doesn't mean I can't get into trucks." she said with a smirk.
He shrugged lightly at her question and closed his eyes a moment.

"I grew up around domestic violence involving guys beating on women. Namely my dad beating my mom. I know women can be just as mean and cruel as guys but it's just a driven deep vow I made. The most I'd actually do physical violence wise is restrain them. Easier said than done in some cases. I know."

He would then open his eyes as she climbed into the truck.

"Alright. So straight in the front door for you. Very well then. And as for your being a woman in a skirt, ain't got nothing to do with it really. Just a big truck. Obviously you got in on your own."

He would then chuckle lightly as he closed the door then walked around to the driver side and climbed in himself and started up the truck causing it to roar to life.

"Guess my next question is...do you got a weapon? Typical protocol dictates that I should have searched you. But obviously, I didn't. I also follow the protocol that the majority of police forces out there do which states that only a female can search a female. That's why I didn't search you. Also...on a side note...another display of my generosity...you can play DJ. I'm sure you can find some music on that radio that we can both enjoy before this escapade begins. If you don't find anything on the radio, CD selection is in a binder under your seat and in the center console here."

He would then turn around and reach behind the bench seat and dig around for a moment before pulling out a sword and setting it on the seat beside him and removed his revolver from his waistband and stuck in the door.

Mai listened to him as he mentioned domestic violence. "Alright. That makes sense then." She let it go, instead focusing on the rest of what he said. "Of course I have a weapon." She smirked slightly at him. "The only reason I didn't try to fight you, actually, was because I didn't want anyone else getting hurt." She reached down and pulled a sharp knife from underneath the decorative legband she wore. In truth, it hid the sheath for the knife.

"So since I'm knocking on the door, what are you going to do? Also, you're probably the first man I've met that cares enough about the law to not feel up a woman." She would lean forward a little and start browsing radio stations until she found some pop/rock to listen to. She leaned back in her seat then, looking at the scenery as it passed them. "What's your name?"
He chuckled slightly at her response as they were soon out of the city and headed out into the country.

"The classic bringing a knife to a gun fight scenario. Don't know how much good it woulda done you. Doesn't take much to step out of range of a knife and pull a trigger."

He then glanced at the trees and frowned a bit.

"Why does this bozo choose to stay in the middle of nowhere? Honestly? Bah...Oh well. I'll defiantly have money to put some gas in this monster when this is all done."

He then glanced at her a bit answering both of her questions in one go.

"Names Rocky. Obviously i ain't a boxer nicknamed the italian stallion but i can deliver a heck of a right hook when needed. And yours is Mai. I do at least get the name of my targets for my assignments. Comes in handy sometimes. Well...if the name is known. As for what I'm gonna do. Like I said. I'm gonna give him a new door. Not like he'll be using it by the time we're done, but still. And so you know how things are gonna be, did you here about the Rumsfield mansion massacre a few months back? That chaos was me. He was the last guy who gave me a female target I mentioned earlier."

He would then chuckle lightly.

Mai smirked. "Remember, I'm knocking on his door. When he opens it, he won't have time to pull a gun. And he won't be expecting me at all, since you were supposed to kill me." She chuckled as he mentioned where the man lived. "Mhm. Full of himself. He likes thinking that all this empty space belongs to him."

When he answered her question, she listened carefully. "Rocky, hm?" She chuckled slightly and would nod. "I remember that. I'm rather suprised that that was you. This whole 'I don't hurt women' thing of yours is really throwing off your apparent personality, Rocky. You're violent, ruthless, a good bounty hunter. Until we come to the 'tell me to kill a girl and I'll gut you' thing. It's almost confusing."

Almost.
He grinned a bit at her response before responding as well.

"I was referring to me with the knife to a gun fight thing. This guy will be too easy as he don't carry guns. He has body guards for that but they'll be too distracted by the sudden appearance of a new door to worry about you."

He would then chuckle a bit at the personality explanation and smiled.

"Yeah it does. To someone who doesn't know me at least. I am all those things. I just choose who is on the bad end of it. Might wanna hold on to something by the way."

He would then suddenly jerk the wheel of the truck sharply turning right and powersliding around the turn a bit onto a dirt road.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Blue Bounty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus