Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Blue Bounty (1x1)

Mai Kole (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Mai smirked. "I never said that was what I was going to do. I just said you're being awfully trusting, because that's what I could do." She watched as Rocky and the officer had their discussion, looking at him, a bit surprised. "Well that's interesting. You're friends with police? Wouldn't have thought a bounty hunter would be like that." She shrugged though and smiled.

"So you live around here, huh? You seem pretty well-known. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing..."
He chuckled a bit at her comment.

"Where do you think bounty hunters get their jobs from? They ain't all people who just say 'Hey go get this person and I'll give you money'. Most are actually just people on probation who missed court dates, violated probation. Things like that."

He then grinned a bit.

"And most bounty hunters don't exactly have a clean background so the fact that I seem well known can be more likely translated as a bad thing."

Mai listened to him talk and chuckled. "I see. Well I suppose that makes sense. I'm just surprised the law would stoop that lo-- No, wait, I'm not surprised at all." She smirked. When he mentioned being known as a bad thing, she nodded. "I thought that might be the case. I know it's both good and bad for me. Good because it's easier to intimdate people into agreement, and bad because...well, you've obviously found out the bad part."
He chuckled a bit as they left what was clearly the nicer part of the city and entered the not so nice area. Rocky continued driving a bit making a couple more turns here and there before turning onto a dead end road and stopping in front of one of the houses.

"Well...don't look like anyone broke in today. Neighbors don't seem so fortunate though."

He then chuckled a bit as he hopped out of the truck.

Mai looked around as they drove, and when they reached his house she turned her attenton to him. "How do you keep your valuables safe if people are always breaking in?" She got out of the truck and would follow him. It certainly wasn't a nice neighborhood at all, but she had already proven herself capable of protecting herself.
He chuckled a bit at her question as he approached the door fumbling with his keys.

"My 'valuable' is capable of protecting herself. She knows how to use a gun and can swing a bat quite forcefully. As for other valuables. Answer is simple. They aren't kept here."

He would then unlock the door and head inside leaving it open for her. Inside not much would be seen. Just a couch and small tv in the living room with a phone and old out of date computer in the corner. Right near the door was stairs that went up and behind the living room was the kitchen.

Mai vaguely recalled him mentioning a sister. Ah, so they lived together. She nodded a bit and would watch him, unlock the door, then follow him inside. "Rather simple, for a man who supposedly earns a lot of money. Do they not pay you much, or do you prefer living low-key?" It was curious to her. The place was not at all like her house, which was completely extravagant, but she didn't mind it. It was...homely. Ish.
He shrugged a bit and chuckled.

"A little of both if that makes sense. Don't get paid much cause my sis tends to worry so I purposely take smaller bounties. Just enough to get us by. That and I don't like drawing attention to myself all that much. Although once in awhile I do take bigger bounties when we get slammed by all our bills at once. And you ironically enough happened to be one of my 'bill bounties'."

He would then turn about and look at her for a moment.

"Well guess I may as well play good host. Want a drink or something to munch on?"

He would then go to a near by closet and start rummaging through it.

"Now where did I put them spare fuel tanks...?"

Mai chuckled softly. "I see. That makes sense. And now that you've totally destroyed your employer, you have much more money to pay the bills with than you would have, hm?" She smiled and would shake her head as he asked the question of drinks. "No thank you, I'm fine." She honestly still didn't quite trust him. And she wasn't thirsty anyways.
He shrugged a bit as he continued rummaging through the closet then stopped for a moment.

"So...that's where I hid these babies. This will make my hunts much more fun in the future."

He would then stand up and step back from the closet holding a pair of twin desert eagle hand guns.

"My first toys for hunts. Meet Rocky and Roxy. Named after me and my sister. So sue me...I sucked with names in those days."

He then chuckled a bit before putting them in the back waistband of his pants and started rummaging through the closet again. A few moments later he chuckled a bit.

"Ah...Here it is. One spare fuel tank."

He then stood from the closet again and walked across the room as he unscrewed the cap from the mini propane tank. Once across the room he grabbed a small attachment and screwed it on then pulled a small trigger on it causing a flame to ignite from the end.

"There we go."

He then released the trigger causing the flame to extinguish and looked at her.

"Let's go crack us a safe shall we?"

Mai observed with curiousity, chuckling as he pulled out the handguns. "You could certainly do better." she mentioned, when he spoke about the names. As he found the fuel tank and seemed ready to go, she smiled and would follow him back out to the safe. "Just remember, no burning the money. That would be such a shame."
He chuckled a bit.

"Neither of us would get paid if I burned it."

He then climbed up into the back of his truck and moves the safe away from the tarp as there was still plenty of C4 beneath it. He then put his back to the explosives as he lit the torch and began cutting into the safe starting with the hinges on the door.

"Let's see what kinda haul we got. Knock knock. Open says me."

Mai grinned. "Nonsense. I still get paid, whether we open the safe or not." She chuckled a bit and would watch him work with the safe. "How much money do you think is in there?" she asked curiously. She leaned back a little bit and just watched for now. It was a wonderful thing, really. Taking the money from that jerk.
He shrugged a bit as he continued torching the hinges.

"No telling really. Safes are a bit of a gamble. Sometimes there's cash. Sometimes other things of value. Sometimes nothing at all."

Mai nodded a bit. "Well...let's hope for the best, then." She waited, watching him work with the safe. She was hoping the safe had lots of money in it. Or maybe something even MORE valuable. She smirked and would just watch for now, thinking to herself and watching him.
After awhile, a small clang was heard as Rocky dropped the torch and soon after that a small grunt and a louder clang as he took off the safes door.

"Damn them things are heavy. Now... Let's see here... Well...sadly not much cash wise. Looks like about...1000 bucks."

He would then siphon through some of the other contents of the safe and pulled out a thick envelope and opened it. After a moment he handed it down to her with a chuckle.

"Jackpot. The thousand bucks is all mine. There's your share."

Inside the envelope was basically all the paper work for the mans property. Vehicle titles and registrations, legally gained weapons even the title to his house and business.

"Looks like you own two businesses now. And basically everything that was is. Good enough for ya?"

He would then chuckle lightly.

Mai listened to the clangs and noises, coming closer and pulling herself up onto the bed of the truck to see what was inside. She took the envelope curiously as it was handed to her and looked through the contents with a smirk. "Well that's lovely. I think I like that. The house isn't worth much, not after we had such fun, but those businesses will certainly work." She grinned. "What's more is that I could say they were willed to me. So no one will suspect a thing."
He chuckled a bit at her response to the contents of the envelope.

"Now that's thinking like an opportunist. Now...What about the rest of this crud?"

He would then begin digging through the safes contents again.

"Random papers...pens...who the heck puts pens in a safe? Honestly! Mmm...Oh my...The heck is this?"

He then pulled out a small box and opened it.

Hmm...Interesting... Some kind of jewelry...Onyx perhaps?"

He would then pull out a couple of black pieces of jewelry, one of which was apparently a necklace and the other smaller one looking more like a bracelet.

"Want em? My sis ain't into the whole jewelry scene. Not that I'm aware of?"

Mai smirked. "In my line of work, opportunist is the only way of thinking." She looked at the things in the safe with him. "Hand me those pens." She was always curious and wary. Maybe the pens had information hidden in them. Or maybe he was just a collector of pens.

When he pulled out the small box and opened it, she looked at it curiously. "I'll take it if you'd like, but we're trying to split evenly, remember? You could sell those for more money. You're not getting much on your end right now, you know."
He chuckled a bit and looked at her as he handed her the pens.

"I know. But when it comes to getting stuff, I prefer things that are useful to me. And right now, There's nothing I need a crap ton of cash for. Maybe a new car. I was thinking something sporty. Got my truck for power, and my bike for speed so about all I need now is a nice looking sorts car just to balance things out a bit."

He then rummaged through the safe some more as he held the necklace and bracelet set to her.

"Mmm...Junk...junk...more junk... Pictures. Hmm..."

He then started looking at the pictures curiously and chuckled a bit.

"Lol. (Yes he seriously said lol.) I'll give this guy credit. He at least knew how to party."

He then handed her the picture he was looking at which was of the man wearing a sombrero and quite clearly drunk off his rocker.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Blue Bounty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus