Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » This is the end.. or is it?

Pitch:

It's 2o12, December 21 and what do you know? The Mayans were right! The sun eclipses with the centre of the solar system and the magnetic poles flip in the Earth, causing mass tsunamis, major technology malfunctions (no telecommunications, all satelites are out etc) It's up to us how dire we want to make things..

Your character is a human either your every day Joe, a GI soldier type, a retired teacher or a snotty nosed kid: the choice is yours. You decide who you play and where your patch of the world will be. Most of the land as we know it will be covered in water with only two or maybe three patches of land large enough to support any form of life. These can be entire countries or remote islands, again the choice is ours..

The story will start at dawn December 21, 2012 when the chaos begins.. how your character reacts, how they survive etc, is entirely up to you. If I get enough people interested I have an idea of sub story we can flesh out to drive the game forward.

One possible idea for fantasy types is that when the water subsides, a new species is unleashed upon the Earth and its up to the human survivors to fight to keep what remains of life as they knew it. Again.. it will be up to the players involved. I have run many group RPs and I like for all the players involved to be in the development process.. I am thinking the game will be very much based on survival play, then a kind of civilisation style gaming where the players will need to find new food and energy sources. This could lead to turf wars, evolution suprises.. the choices are endless.

Let me know if anyone is interested. :D
Being one who believes the end of the world is indeed coming (though not necessarily to the extremes that some people claim), this is a RP scenario that would be relevant to my interests. And thus I present a whole wad of characters who could partake in such a RP based on the information you have provided.
This sounds like it might be fun :D!!

I have mostly vampire and human characters, but the humans should fit rather well. And the characters I present are actually connected to the ones provided by Lance.
[*] Roxanne Valharia Roxy is Rocky's younger sister. She helps with the bounty hunting so obviously has some training, and survival skills.
[*] Sybil Cooper Billy is a stubborn punk, with an angry side.
[*] Deirdree Morrigan And Dree is a rather complicated character, survival at it's finest. But alas she' doesn't quiet fit into the category of human, as she's nearly 2000 years old
EbonySnow Topic Starter

*Grins* Rocky and his sister sound like great additions to the plot.

Any particular ideas or elements you would like to see incorporated in this plot? Let's brainstorm shall we?
EbonySnow Topic Starter

And now that I know at least two people are interested Ill start writing up a proper description/setting/info etc.
I'll get back to ya on the brain storming thing. Cleaning house. I will say Rocky will be quite livid initially due to the world wide flooding. Heh.
Ditto on get back to ya on the brain storming. But I have to say every great surivial story needs siblings :D lol. But yea Im actually doing the same thing lance is House work XD god it's such a pain
Sanne Moderator

I... I LOVE this idea, good gods. I don't have an char on RPR that fits the bill yet, but I'm definitely interested in joining this. o.o

Likely I'll go with a lady with an average, boring job who'll suddenly have to pull on every bit of knowledge and skills she possesses to survive. I'm assuming we will be roleplaying our characters suffering the effects as well?
That is a really cool idea, and I'm sure you guys will have a great time with it!

Sadly, I'm not joining. My ex used to RP apocolyptic stuff with me ALL THE TIME because it's what he's obssessed with...so he kind of apocolyptic-RPed me out. But have fun everyone, it's a really cool plot! :D
EbonySnow Topic Starter

*grins* Yeah I have done the post apocolyptic thing to death as well, believe me I KNOW that pain.. *laughs* But Im so obsessed with the whole 2012 thing, I just had to give it a go.

Yes, my character is going to be a normal, run of the mill human who is going about her everyday life when bam the world goes to shit. She has to try to track her family who are all scattered due to work and school, yet there is no communications, massive storms, earthquakes.. (if we want to go that far), etc.. so its literally a survival story for the first phase of the plot. Once the planet settles down, phase two will begin where the survivors must readjust to their new world and begin to cultivate it in order to sustain life. This is where the nasty buisness of turf wars, espionage, freaky monsters from the black lagoon (just for an example) and other nice suprises can enter to make things a bit more interesting. :D
Hramn (played by Yuka)

Hramn'll fit the bill, he's post-apoc as it is :P God knows how his mental state would fare if he went through another.
Kim Site Admin

EbonySNOW wrote:
This is where the nasty buisness of turf wars, espionage, freaky monsters from the black lagoon (just for an example) and other nice suprises can enter to make things a bit more interesting. :D

Can I do a cameo as the freaky monster from the black lagoon? XD
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
EbonySNOW wrote:
This is where the nasty buisness of turf wars, espionage, freaky monsters from the black lagoon (just for an example) and other nice suprises can enter to make things a bit more interesting. :D

Can I do a cameo as the freaky monster from the black lagoon? XD

*laughs* ooooh yes please!! And Hramn looks perfect. :D
My spidey sense tells me things shall get interesting quick.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

That's the plan stan. :D
Maaan I want in on this. I've been meaning to post up my post-apoc version of one of my characters for some time, I suppose now is as good a time as any, no?
EbonySnow Topic Starter

When is it NOT a good time? :D Welcome aboard!
EbonySnow Topic Starter

So I guess I'll create a group then for us to play in? Any idea of a name for the group? I'm hooked on the whole Nostrodamus/Mayan/Ancient prophecies thing so I would like to try to incorporate that into the name if possible.

Quick question:

What do you all think of the idea in the film 2012 where the rich have all bought tickets for super arks ? Is it an idea we might consider for our version as a potential sub plot to drive the game forward?

Keen to hear your thoughts. :D
First comment. You don't have to create a group for a RP. It isn't a necessity. The groups are useful in the aspect that it allows the community free reign over their own set of rules and regulations as well as allowing them to cut loose on profanity gore and what not in RPs where as they couldn't do that on the public forums due to the PG-13ish rating mandated for it.

Number 2: I've honestly ain't seen 2012 yet but I do desire to. And the concept of using superarks to push the story forward does sound like a good idea indeed. Especially since it's looking like it's gonna be a bunch of common not so rich people involved. Heh. That will lead to some interesting situations especially if they find their way to superark docking areas.
The idea is great.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » This is the end.. or is it?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus