Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » New Puppy :D

Last Sunday, my boyfriend and I got a new addition: An 8-month old husky puppy. His name is Ghost, after Jon Snow's dire wolf in the Song of Ice and Fire series. (WE ARE DORKS! :D) He is a sweetheart and I am sharing him with the RPR world :3

photobucket-2305-1327094331094.jpg
photobucket-6017-1327094284573.jpg
photobucket-5895-1327094355728.jpg
photobucket-6731-1327094566886.jpg
Sanne Moderator

PUPPYYYYY!!!!!!!! *hugs him silly*

He's so adorable!! What's his background? How did you guys get him? :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I was wondering when you'd post pictures :D
Kim Site Admin

Oh wooow look at the smile on that lucky beast! :D
f0x1nth3b0x Topic Starter

Well; as I have griped about in the chat... We wanted to adopt this border collie husky mix which was the perfect dog in my boyfriend's mind, but they wouldn't put a hold on him and when we got to the shelter to get him, he'd been adopted that morning. :(

So I went on a search and found this guy and his sister on ebay classifieds. This couple bought two husky puppies and didn't realize how much work they were etc. So I set up a time to meet the male as the female already had an offer and we got him this past Sunday.

He honestly wasn't kept well either. I know I am a dog nut but the crate they gave me that he supposedly was put in while they were out of the house was way way too small for the poor guy. And they free fed him all day so whenever he wanted food he got it... Now if he doesn't eat his dinner because he thinks he can just come right back to it when he does want to eat. He's also no neutered and is kind of embarrassing with other dogs =_=
Aaaw~! He's so happy and smiley and absolutely precious! <3

And even if I'm not familiar with this Song of Ice and Fire series myself, I still think "Ghost" is a very fitting name for him!

Also Edit because post ninja'd:

Free feeding... oi, what a silly idea. D: If my dog did that... geeze, 'tween 2 cats and his own food, he'd be fat as a hog.

But despite his former poor conditions, he looks pretty darn health, Fox! Just gotta make sure to give him "the snip" pretty soon...

Thanks Copper :D His original name was Chance... but he never answered to it so it made the process of renaming him much easier :P
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Thanks Copper :D His original name was Chance... but he never answered to it so it made the process of renaming him much easier :P

You're welcome!

And oh goodie! We had that fortune with a couple of our pets too! Chance is such a... a typical "dog" name. Bleh!

I would only name an American Bulldog Chance... because I am an uber dork and that was the dog from Homeward Bound/The Incredible Journey XD

Copper_Dragon wrote:

Free feeding... oi, what a silly idea. D: If my dog did that... geeze, 'tween 2 cats and his own food, he'd be fat as a hog.

But despite his former poor conditions, he looks pretty darn health, Fox! Just gotta make sure to give him "the snip" pretty soon...

The snip goes down next Thursday. My dog does not appreciate his attempts at Romance.
Okay, that's a fair Chance-naming in this instance.

And fffahaha, poor doggie! XD
Eeeeeee huskies!!! <3 <3 <3 He's gorgeous, Foxy! :D That is such exciting news, totally awesome! :)

He sounds to be a bit of a hassle for now, but I'm sure you guys will teach him good and get everything straightened out ^^ You can do it! :)
Aww! He's beautiful and I LOVE the name! Jon's my favorite, but I'm only halfway through book 2. Glad you were able to give him a good new home ^_^
He's adorable! LOVE huskies!

Loki wrote:
Aww! He's beautiful and I LOVE the name! Jon's my favorite, but I'm only halfway through book 2. Glad you were able to give him a good new home ^_^

Not going to lie; my boyfriend sort of resembles the actor... So I am going to make him cosplay in the snow XD. DORK.

Thanks everyone! He's a mushy dog.
XDXD If my boyfriend looked like the actor, I'd so make him cosplay too. Guess that makes us both dorks! I haven't seen the tv show though :( Gotta wait till it comes out on dvd ^_^

It's totally worth waiting for! Plus, you'll see Ghost's namesake. :3
Haha, I was surfing the net and found this http://www.threadless.com/product/3567/Adopt_A_Dire_Wolf totally made me think of you and your new dog Fox :D

Also I cannot wait to see the show, I've been careful to avoid spoilers, so I haven't even seen most of the actors!
I'm glad you finally got your dog, Captain Foxy :D! I'm happeh for you! Give him wubs for me, since I can't kidnap him from you myself. Kidding ;D No I'm not.

I think it's interesting that you got him from the ebays. I've never gotten anything but car parts from ebay. GIVE PUPPEH SO MUCH WUBS. SO MUCH.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » New Puppy :D

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus