Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Input needed: categorizing/organizing characters

I think a folder idea would work out best as well, although I find it might also be interesting to try and group things together based on races/species or maybe based on relation to other characters for those who like to try and branch out a world and connect characters...
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Thank you to everyone who responded, your feedback was invaluable, and I think you'll see some of your suggestions are now in play.

I have a first run at this feature live as of today: http://www.rprepository.com/community/newspost.php?post=386

Features regarding site-wide search will wait for the future, when more characters have actually been categorized. :)
Now that this is a thing, I have an adjustment to request!

I can't see all of my characters on the main dashboard page. But when I go to the special new page, it doesn't tell me which of my characters are locked or edit-able. Would that be able to be fixed? Either in being able to see all my characters on the regular dashboard, or by seeing which characters are or are not edit-able on the new page?
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Now that this is a thing, I have an adjustment to request!

I can't see all of my characters on the main dashboard page. But when I go to the special new page, it doesn't tell me which of my characters are locked or edit-able. Would that be able to be fixed? Either in being able to see all my characters on the regular dashboard, or by seeing which characters are or are not edit-able on the new page?

If it's not a whole lot of trouble, I would also like to be able to se all my characters in my dashboard as a list like it used to be. With a giant number of characters (though I know there are not many of us) the load more button is slow and unwieldy when I want to see someone toward the end. I have ended up just searching my character's name to get there faster.
Sanne Moderator

I third this, though I'd prefer having the option to list all my characters at once in the sort character page (and perhaps a toggle between grid and list view?).

I mean I really really love this update but I'm running into some loading issues with my slow net and a lot of frustration on not being able to get to some of my characters this way. Not being able to get to them is my biggest problem and like Fox, it ends up being easier to go to their profile and edit from there than to use the Dashboard.

Though it's unlikely the full dashboard list is coming back, I think I have some ideas to help you guys. Hang tight! :)
I would like to add one more tab
1. Tentatively looking for rp. Basiclly for the characters that while not your first priority, you would also consider rps with. I mean right now I have two chracters I would love to find a rp for, but I would also consider most of the others, but I don't have a way to nicely separate them like that.

Katia wrote:
I would like to add one more tab
1. Tentatively looking for rp. Basiclly for the characters that while not your first priority, you would also consider rps with. I mean right now I have two chracters I would love to find a rp for, but I would also consider most of the others, but I don't have a way to nicely separate them like that.

You can create such a category for your characters! :)

Hi guys,

If you've been struggling to find a specific character in your list of a jillion, I've added a search box on top of the category list. Just type the character name (or part of it) to pull up just that character pronto.
Sanne Moderator

Kim wrote:
Hi guys,

If you've been struggling to find a specific character in your list of a jillion, I've added a search box on top of the category list. Just type the character name (or part of it) to pull up just that character pronto.

THANK YOU!!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Input needed: categorizing/organizing characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus