Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi there, new member & I need tons of help.

Hey there guys! New member here & I'm looking for incredible Roleplays to join. Im not new to the whole RP thing, I think of myself as decent writer, only mistakes I'll have are grammar which I like to blame on my first language being Spanish. Heh. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself, get to know the people I'll be writing with! Any questions about me, go ahead and ask. Ug.. hate saying that sounds so cliche -.-
SincerelyEve Topic Starter

rolled 2d6 and got 11

Kim Site Admin

Hi SincerelyEve, welcome to the site! You aren't alone in English being your second language, we're an extremely international crowd around here.

So, what makes a RP incredible in your eyes? :)

Let us know if you're confused by anything or you have any questions, someone will always be happy to help out.
Welcome! I have Australian as my first language :)
Hiya and welcome. I'd be glad to help youth. If you consider yourself a decent writer than you should do good at RPing as they are pretty much one in the same.
Hey hey! Welcome to RPR :D Glad to have you aboard ^-^ What kinda rp do enjoy :)?
Hello, welcome to RPR. If you want to RP with someone I am more than happy to RP with you. :3
Jetticus

Welcome to RPR you've come to the right place, my first language is English, but I have a great imagination. I would love to RP with you. If you need any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
Sanne Moderator

Good to see another new face! :D Hello! Long days and pleasant nights to you.

My first language is Limburgs, my second Dutch, my third German and my fourth English. ;) So don't worry about any lingual barriers! :D Grammar is confusing when alternating between two different languages, but we're not picky about that at all. :)

What kind of roleplays do you enjoy most? Modern, futuristic, Sci-Fi, fantasy, medieval...? Any games in particular you enjoy to play?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Welcome to RPR! Your English seems fine. Infact I'd go as far as saying it's better than some people who learn it as a first language.

In the topic, you said you needed help. If you have any questions, just ask, we're always happy to answer them :)
Welcome to RPR! :) Don't worry, your English seems fine! There are many people here who don't have English as a first language, so you're not alone!

What do you like to RP? What genres and such? I'm always up for starting a new RP with someone :D
SincerelyEve Topic Starter

Thank you all for your warm welcoming and support ^ ^

To answer the first question, what I think an incredible RP to be is one that allows me developed my character as we go. The plot isn't completely planned out and there is plenty of room for brainstorming. Basic, I love freedom RPs.

What kind of RPS do I like? I really don't have specific genre but id mostly dabbled in slice of life with a twist of fantasy.

RPs based off games and shows I don't do so well in. I prefer original ideas.

Id like to know how id make my own RP actually... I have quite a few ideas id like to try ^ ^
Sanne Moderator

SincerelyEve wrote:
Thank you all for your warm welcoming and support ^ ^

To answer the first question, what I think an incredible RP to be is one that allows me developed my character as we go. The plot isn't completely planned out and there is plenty of room for brainstorming. Basic, I love freedom RPs.

What kind of RPS do I like? I really don't have specific genre but id mostly dabbled in slice of life with a twist of fantasy.

RPs based off games and shows I don't do so well in. I prefer original ideas.

Id like to know how id make my own RP actually... I have quite a few ideas id like to try ^ ^

You're very welcome!! :D Sounds like you'll fit right in here!

To start your own RP, we have a bunch of options:

1. You can head over to the RP Discussion board and start your own thread with info on what you want to start up. You can see if anyone else is interested in joining before you fire away.

2. You can also just go ahead and create a new topic in one of the RP forums: General Roleplay, Fantasy Roleplay or Sci-Fi Roleplay. If you want to limit the number of roleplayers or have other special notes or rules, you can put those in the first post to make sure you'll get the kind of RP that you want. :)

3. You can check out the list of Groups on RPR and join one if you like it. Or even create your own group to start with! The advantage of groups is that you can include mature and violent content if you please, and you can use mature language. (Just make sure to tag the group properly!) So if you want to involve more mature topics, a group is the place to go. Public forum RP is limited to the PG-13 rule. :)

There are many different ways to start an RP. Some people even like roleplaying through private messages! So you can poke around a bit and see what you like most. ^^
Kim Site Admin

SincerelyEve wrote:

For just a one-off scene, the best place to start is by making a topic in one of the three public RP forums: General RP, Sci-Fi RP, and Fantasy RP. Start it off by describing the setting and the sort of characters you'd like to see join in.

If you create entire universes with lots and lots of details that stick around and develop for quite some time, you might be better off trying out our Group system. It's still under development, but there's enough there that you can start building your own private forums for you and whoever you let join your group right away. :)

EDIT: WHoops, Sanne totally beat me to it! :D
Minerva

Gotta admit, I'm an english speaker. I wish I still had the tenacity of my youth that was part of wooing my husband. Imagine when we found a sister chat to where we met that was pure japanese. I typed in jp, they in english. The conversation roughly went "you english is great!" "no you nihongo better than me english!" "no, i can only imagine how i sound to you!!" in the dialect of the one we were addressing. Needless to say I am very open to other cultural individuals. My only request is that someone make a concerted effort in what they write--speaking another language is its own effort! I'd be happy to play with you when my schedule frees up. My availability is currently low. If you feel like it, read my character profiles, plan something and pm me, though! Welcome to rpr, the best rp home on the web. Oh, and I'm mobile most of the time so if I typo and confuse you just ask. I try to be literate.
WeAreNeverBroken

Welcome to RPR! If your looking for a RP, feel free to shoot me a line. I'm always up for a new one~

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi there, new member & I need tons of help.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus