Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Eberron RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Looking for anyone interested in adventure, action, intrigue, and romance all taking place within the fantastic world of D&Ds eberron campaign setting. Plotline remained undescided as I prefer to work it out with my partner before hand. Just looking for a fun time with the hopes of a long term rp unfolding.

For those interested in learning as to what Eberron is. Follow this link HERE
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'm interested, shoot me a pm if you want to rp.
Yester (played by Sasheth)

Interested (, though I'll have to do some research on the setting first.) Pm me if you think Yester, or any of my other characters are a good match, and even if they don't I don't mind making a new character for this setting specifically. ^v^
Hell yes! I love Eberron! It is easily one of my favourite settings in D&D ever. Whenever I run a D&D based game I'll always prefer to do it in Eberron. If you'll have me, I'd gladly join you.
RedHeadSamurai23 Topic Starter

Rynh wrote:
Hell yes! I love Eberron! It is easily one of my favourite settings in D&D ever. Whenever I run a D&D based game I'll always prefer to do it in Eberron. If you'll have me, I'd gladly join you.

Well originally I was only looking for one person. But since their are three people involved. perhaps we could all come up with a plot together and do some sort of round robin dming. or just all work towards a general plot idea.
Sounds good. ^^

Any suggestions to start off with then? Personally I think I'd prefer doing something 'round robin dming'ish as I've never tried it before, but I guess a general plot idea might go a bit smoother.
Bloopit

Hi guys. Long time tabletopper here, only just joined the forum.

Just to clarify, are you talking about an Eberron setting without D&D rules? Purely writing based? I think that could be a lot of fun.

Not sure if there's still room, but I would be happy throwing my DM hat into the ring occasionally. Big fan of Keith Baker's stuff.

Bloopit wrote:
Hi guys. Long time tabletopper here, only just joined the forum.

Just to clarify, are you talking about an Eberron setting without D&D rules? Purely writing based? I think that could be a lot of fun.

Not sure if there's still room, but I would be happy throwing my DM hat into the ring occasionally. Big fan of Keith Baker's stuff.

Yes thats the idea so far. I figure we can discuss a general plotline idea and a starting point. Im a big fan of a simple group of adventurers being being pulled into a larger plot simply due to wrong place right time. As far as place goes. Im a firm believer that everything should start in sharn and work it's way out from there. If everyone is still interested I figure those of us who wish to dm can round robin it. I figure work through one plot and them jump dm to the next plot and so forth for as long as this seems fun. No rules just the fun of the setting. Lets all be big damn heroes in a story of our own creation
Mitch (played by Derglet)

Sounds interesting! ^^ May I join or is it too late?

sure. Everyone who is interested post the character they are planning to use. I would prefer people stick with character concepts that could be considered within the 5-6th level in dnd terms. decent enough but nothing world shattering as far as abilities go. Nothing like soloing an army or taking down a dragon in one shot. other than that. post em away and then well decide who wants to dm in the round.
Bloopit

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=53451&page=117711

A bit of a WIP at the moment, but I hope you like the look of him. :D

Story wise, I would love if we could involve Erandis Vol into the story. I've always thought she was an awesome D&D villain
Raquel Paquet (played by Emberkit)

I'd like to use Raquel if she seems like a good fit.

looking good so far. just waiting on the others. Ill go ahead and make A thread in the Fantasy RP so the rp can begin there once we determine a general plotline.
Hmm, who to pick, who to pick. I've a few options that would be a good fit. And though I hate to do this, I have little choice but to let you guys decide who you'd like to see used in this story.

Sorry I can't link them to you yet. I'm on the phone right now.

I could use Aearion, my Merman bard. He's well travelled already.

There's also Bender of Iron Will, a pirate from the Lhazaar Principalities. But since this will probably take place in Sharn I doubt I can use him.

There's also Harken. She's an Aasimar who was supposed to defend her village from an ancient evil. Due to her complacency and lack of training she allowed Elg'erin to be destroyed. Now she seeks out evil to destroy as atonement. Though her profile isn't finished yet, the concept is fully thought out.

And finally there's Vermin, a Wererat Shifter who workd as an assassin for House Thurrani's non-marked division. He's obedient and loyal, trained to be an urban prowler.

What do you guys think? Who'd be a good fit?
Personally I think Vermin seems like a pretty interesting character, but all around Aerion might be a better fit in a group rp.

Myself, I think I'm either gonna stick to Yeser, who's more of a novice rouge/adept herbalist type of character or try out a new mercenary mage character. Tough the mage, Tato, is still in her early stages of development, I just feel like she might be a better character for a battle heavy setting.
I do love tabletop gaming and I have played a large amount of 3.5 and Pathfinder, which is very close to 3.5. I have classes to attend to very soon, but I would love to play and DM if there is still room. If there is, I will gladly offer to be a DM. Perhaps a character much later. I would highly suggest opening a dropbox for the players and DMs, to share important information such as character sheets, campaign supplements, setting information, and other useful documents (its what my DM did for our Warhammer adventure!)

Miss wrote:
I do love tabletop gaming and I have played a large amount of 3.5 and Pathfinder, which is very close to 3.5. I have classes to attend to very soon, but I would love to play and DM if there is still room. If there is, I will gladly offer to be a DM. Perhaps a character much later. I would highly suggest opening a dropbox for the players and DMs, to share important information such as character sheets, campaign supplements, setting information, and other useful documents (its what my DM did for our Warhammer adventure!)

Well the idea isnt so much a game as a cooperative rp story. not so much dice rolls and such. But if you'd like to take on the roll of adversary in the round robin you are more than welcome to. Also don't know how to open a dropbox. still new to all this sort of forum rping thing.
Isn't there an option to hold private messages with more than two people included? Just mentioning this in case some of the fighting scenes get a bit brutal or you'd prefer that over forum rping.
Much like having a character from a game playing in an open roleplay setting, such as Furcadia? I do enjoy such a thing, but DnD spells are a little above the power-curve of Furcadia's style of prepping, sometimes.

I would love to do so! And it is thankfully very easy to create a dropbox and invite others to it. Should you access dropbox.com, you will be able to create a folder to house other folders and documents. The parent folder can be shared by opening it; in the top right, next to the search box, there is a link-like button. Clicking it will create a link that can be shared to those involved, granting a cloud of shared space for material that others can add or subtract from.

Though I doubt the fighting scenes will be -that- brutal, Sasheth is right. That is an option, now. The messages also appear as notifications most times, making it easier, even by a little bit, to recognize new posts have been made.
Kim Site Admin

Sasheth wrote:
Isn't there an option to hold private messages with more than two people included? Just mentioning this in case some of the fighting scenes get a bit brutal or you'd prefer that over forum rping.

I don't recall there actually being a limit on the number of people you can put into a PM conversation when you start it, actually.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Eberron RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus