Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Lots of Fantasy, Looking for Group (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

SkyePath

I did something similar to this when I first started out here many moons ago, so what better way to celebrate my return than do that AGAIN? This time though, I'll stay and reply as often as I can!

Anyway, I'm looking for some people to do a group Fantasy RP with my elf here, Sevyc. I'm not SUPER picky, though the only things I really want is paragraph style. That's it. Any romance, though, I want in PMs. This will be a long term thing. Heck, I may draw our little band of nerds together if they stick.

I don't want this to be super strict. I want us to have fun and not feel obligated to type out a reply. I want us to want to reply and keep it alive.
Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'm all new on this website, so I'd love to start of like this! I don't really know who to play as, but i'll get to that..
With paragraph style, you mean long replies with descriptions or short lines, leaving a lot to the imagination? :D

I'd also be tempted to draw them if they stick around xDD
Colour me interested. I've been aching for another good old fashioned fantasy adventure myself. My Dorf could use some more action in his life. If you'll have me I'll gladly join whatever it is you have cooked up in your head!
Prabu (played by SeraphicStar)

I am interested as well :)
That sounds interesting! Could my char Pyronnis join in? :)
Quantipede

I'm pretty much game.

Fantasy, Check
Group, Check
Paragraph, Check

Looks like this is my ideal place to be.
Abizul (played by hannibal32)

Could I possibly offer this creature for the rp?
Felix 'Joy' Roux (played by PMFantastica)

i'd like to give this a shot!
Robin (played by CosmicCometInOrbit)

I may be interested.
I'm rather new to this site, but I would enjoy rping something like this. My character Cecil would be my go to for it.
Count me in. I'ed love to join this RP. I'll use Draken -T- if I join.
SkyePath Topic Starter

Oh gosh I never expected to have this many people reply!
Give me some time to finish fleshing out more of Sevyc's story and we can get started. I'm totally fine with letting all of you in.
What kind of story are we all looking at here? I would like to have some semblance of a plot before we begin.
Are you talking about a story and a setting or just the story?
SkyePath Topic Starter

Draken901 wrote:
Are you talking about a story and a setting or just the story?

both! It would be nice to have at least a basic concept. I'm not worried about having some super detailed world, just something so we know where we are and how to respond to the enviroment.

I dunno where to even start, story-wise.
......I may be able to help with the setting. You see, I have this setting that me and my buds used to RP on all the time back on plaza. I'very moved it here in the firm of a group, it's extremely fleshed out as well. If you'received interested, I can provide a link to the information forums about what it looks like.
SkyePath wrote:
Oh gosh I never expected to have this many people reply!
Give me some time to finish fleshing out more of Sevyc's story and we can get started. I'm totally fine with letting all of you in.
What kind of story are we all looking at here? I would like to have some semblance of a plot before we begin.
Great! I'm excited to hear you're okay with us all rping. Are there any do's/ or don'ts you have as far as plots?
Quantipede

Let's make this group one hell of a group
I'd love to join, if you'll have me.

If you don't already have enough. XD
If I may suggest something. I'm always planning on plot hooks in case I end up in a group RP or I end up leading one. A side effect of DMing, probably, but I think I may have an adventure hook for us.

I'd prefer to keep the setting to medieval fantasy and generally vague, so all of our characters can fit in. Now, as for the plot hook.

Let's say there's a region that has been experiencing an unnatural drought, which is slowly but surely ruining the place. Once fertile fields are dying, poor people start to riot as water gets hoarded and becomes more expensive. The local leader, be it a duke, wizard or royal, claims to know a way to make the land fertile again, but it requires a dangerous trek to a different land, where the so called Spirit of the River lives, who commands Water Elementals and whatnot, but more importantly, a way to control the flow of water. Our party accepts the quest for whatever reason they have and thus travel through many dangers, hardships and things that make no sense.

How's that sound to everyone?
Quantipede

Sound fine, but we should leave the ultimate decision to the master thread poster

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Lots of Fantasy, Looking for Group (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus