Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings from a broken laptop!

Hi, I'm sorta new here, I made this account a few days ago. I'm looking to get back into roleplaying after drifting from it a few years ago but there goes my luck - the day I join RPR, my laptop starts smoking! So, I'm on my phone trying to type up all my characters profiles :p
RPR is a really nice website by the way, very easy to use and I like all the customisation options!
i like it to my offer still stands if you ever want to RP with me and btw i have no trouble building more characters for more long term RP partners welcome to the RPR family i hope you have fun :)
Oscrow Topic Starter

Thanks, Dino! I was hoping to jump back into RPing soon but I don't think I can do that...(also seeing how skilled people are here is a liiittle intimidating!)

Oh yeah, I should mention I prefer longterm rp (if that means longer than a one-off in an evening), it's what I used to do :D
Oscrow wrote:
Thanks, Dino! I was hoping to jump back into RPing soon but I don't think I can do that...(also seeing how skilled people are here is a liiittle intimidating!)

Oh yeah, I should mention I prefer longterm rp (if that means longer than a one-off in an evening), it's what I used to do :D
same here its nice to let the RP keep going and don't worry I'm just as intimidated if not more so, some of these people are crazy amazing
Hi! Welcome to RPR! This place is a great place to start off again, so you made the best choice!
Oh that sucks. But hey, this site is the best site I've ever seen with my phone as the source. Seriously, it's smooth, well sized and understands where you click

You'll be able to get back into RPing quite swiftly when you find something that sparks your inspiration~ I personally had a few year break too, but now I'm having the time of my life~

Welcome to the site fella :3
I know your pain: I'm actually working from my smartphone too and it's been a long while since I've logged in as well. But RPR is always a good place to start again regardless, and everyone is so friendly! So welcome! Or, welcome back!
HibariHaru

tumblr_mnwvnxiWR81qazyx4o1_500.gif
Hi. I'm Hibari... Welcome to RPR, Oscrow. It's nice to meet you. And I see... I hope your laptop gets fixed soon. But anyway, please enjoy your stay and I hope to RP with you sometime. :)
Oscrow Topic Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone and yes, the mobile version of the site is really good - I was surprised I could use widgets and everything.
I know how you feel! I joined a few days ago too, and ive only rpd with buddies of mine and a few failed attempts with some bad ones, but coming here was TERRIFYING! Almost everyones like proffessional RPs! RPrs trust me in doing a few already and everyones super nice! Its not scary once you jump in!
Sanne Moderator

Hey Oscrow, welcome to RPR! I'm so sorry to hear about your laptop. :( That's very unfortunate. Will you be able to get it repaired/replaced anytime soon?

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the mobile site though (I'm sure Kim appreciates it even more!). If you run into any issues or questions you're most welcome to ask, we'll be happy to help you out. :) You can always switch to the desktop version of the site by going to Dashboard > Your Settings and checking "Prevent re-sizing to fit smaller screens" under Display Settings. It will show the site in full, which can be useful with certain things. :)

Best of luck and please have fun!
Oscrow Topic Starter

Catnolastname wrote:
I know how you feel! I joined a few days ago too, and ive only rpd with buddies of mine and a few failed attempts with some bad ones, but coming here was TERRIFYING! Almost everyones like proffessional RPs! RPrs trust me in doing a few already and everyones super nice! Its not scary once you jump in!

Imagine if there was such a thing as professional rp? That would be nice, getting paid for make-believe :p

And yeah, I really like the site layout and everything in general ^^
Konnechiwa~ Welcome to the site~ :3
That must have been super scary! Good luck to the new lap top and welcome to RPR, I love it here and I have only been here a week or so!
Your name reminds of the name Ozpin, and I immediately thought of RWBY. XD

Now that that's out of the way, welcome to the site Oscrow! Looks like your laptop's smokin'! I'm sorry that was terrible, I know. Jokes aside, what happened to your laptop? Are you having it repaired right now?

And I'm sure Kim (the site admin) would love to hear those from you! I've used the site on mobile before and I agree how clean and nice the layout is!

Nevertheless, hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Kim Site Admin

You've made me so happy. <3 I appreciate that you think the site is nice, but if you're using mobile and still having a good time, I'm double happy! :D
Oscrow Topic Starter

RinTengoku524 wrote:
Ozpin's a cool character, one of my favourites! It's hard having to wait an extra week for RT to upload new RWBY episodes on youtube ;_; whatever format they use on their site isn't supported on my phone.
As for my smoking laptop~, I tried unscrewing it to clean out dust, but lost a screw. Then I bumped it against the wall and cracked the casing open, so when I did find the screw, it didn't align properly any more. After that, something probably came loose inside since gently tilting it makes something rattle around inside... My laptop is only two or three years old but it seems worn and the specs are bad, so I'm thinking of spending the money on a new one instead of repairing it.
Asroc

Yo! Welcome to RPR!
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hi! Welcome aboard.
Oscrow wrote:
RinTengoku524 wrote:
Ozpin's a cool character, one of my favourites! It's hard having to wait an extra week for RT to upload new RWBY episodes on youtube ;_; whatever format they use on their site isn't supported on my phone.
As for my smoking laptop~, I tried unscrewing it to clean out dust, but lost a screw. Then I bumped it against the wall and cracked the casing open, so when I did find the screw, it didn't align properly any more. After that, something probably came loose inside since gently tilting it makes something rattle around inside... My laptop is only two or three years old but it seems worn and the specs are bad, so I'm thinking of spending the money on a new one instead of repairing it.

Indeed. Plus, the videos on RT for sponsors aren't as smooth as those on Youtube. Haven't tried using the RT website on mobile though. >->

Oh, I know how it feels. When you just want to try and fix something yourself, but then something else happens. I agree on getting a new one instead of repairing it. Repairs can sometimes cost more than buying something. I guess that means finding another partner! XD I wish to have my own soon.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings from a broken laptop!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus