Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Ello

guilelessApostle

Hello~
I'm new to this site (and rather new to RPing too), so I'm not really an expert…

I really love action and adventure RP, with some fantasy and Scifi thrown in. Fluff is good, and so is romance. (Nothing mature, though.)
Cursing isn't really a problem, unless it's overly done.

I'm good with long RPs, and would like a long-term RP partner or two. I have a few questions; how do you start an RP? Or how do you participate in one?
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! If you want some help when it comes to roleplaying, I suggest checking the New to Roleplay help post! The Looking for RP forum is also a great place where you can go and see what kind of roleplays people are offering! Or, if you click 'Add topic', you can write your own scenario for people to see, and they will reply to your forum if interested!

Happy roleplaying! ^.^
Ah, don't worry about not being an expert - even Picasso started somewhere! A lot of us here enjoy action/adventure roleplays - in fact, I've been seeing a lot of those pop up in the Looking for RP forums. Here's to hoping you catch one of them!

For starting RPs - there are two methods: 1.) Message someone! They'll probably be open to something. 2.) Go to the Looking for RP forum (under the "Forums" tab up top) and click "Add Topic." From there, you can entail what you want to happen! You can join them by staying in the Looking for RP forum and clicking on the different topics and saying you're interested.

I hope you enjoy your time here!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! So nice to meet you. :)

When getting started with RP, I really recommend this primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

We also had some community discussions awhile back about how to improve at RP.. I boiled them down into interesting articles for those who are interested. Here's a selection of my favorite ones:

Writing for RP
The responsibility of ALL RPers (getting this one right will generally make people sing your praises!)
And if you want to put a slightly more advanced technique in your back pocket for now and again: Using dice to enhance RP

When it comes to starting RPs, most people start in the Looking For RP forum (there's also a search tool that will help you find what you're looking for within that forum - click "Find RP" in the top menu, then "join game" then scroll to the bottom to adjust your preferences for game types. If you want more info on using that search tool, here's a handy help article.)

If you end up joining someone else's RP, they'll let you know the details about how to proceed. But, if you're starting up your own RP, you have a few choices about how to proceed once you've found a RP partner or two.
  1. You can just create a RP topic on one of our 3 public RP forums: General Roleplay, Sci-Fi Roleplay and Fantasy RP. Keep in mind that because these areas are public, you'll have to make sure the RP stays in the PG-13ish range.
  2. You can choose to RP via private messages, and just create a new conversation thread with all your RP partners as recipients. Since this is private, the only rules that tend to apply are not to do OOC illegal things and be nice to your RP partners OOC.
  3. If you're going to have a whole lot of people in your RP, or the RP setting is going to be very strictly defined and you want to have a place to store world building information alongside it, you might consider starting your own group. This gives you access to profile building tools for the group, but also to creating your very own forums!
  4. In some cases, you and your RP partner might even decide to use some other messenger or game to RP on.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! As you can see, we're a friendly bunch and glad to help. :)
Welcome welcome now person! You will find that this sight is pretty easy to navigate and is really fun to be on. There are so many nice people here that I know you will find someone on here for yourself. Enjoy!
Why hello there, and welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, but you can call me Light. Nice to meet you!

Hmm... I think a good way to start a RP is simply to jump right in and ask someone to RP. Or explore the forums, or join a group that catches your eye. Whichever way you choose, you can't go wrong, I think.
Rawr~! Hey there! Nice to have you join our community on RPR!
Hope you have a wonderful time!
Don't be afraid to talk/message me (Or, well, anyone pretty much) for a chat or such!
Remember, I do bite, but not much!
Yo and welcome to the site! I'm a fan of action and adventure RPs as well. There are lots of other players interested with these genres too!

And for helping you get by the site, everyone's mostly covered it up. XD You really don't have to worry about roleplaying here. Just remember the basic rules of RP and how to get along with your potential partners. The provided links (example is the one that'll lead to the Looking for RP Forums) are ways to join or even start up your own RP.

Don't hesitate to ask any more questions! :) We'll be right here to help you!
HibariHaru

tumblr_mt82ppjsDm1s8axvbo1_500.gif
Hi there, and welcome to RPR! It's nice meeting yah!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! I hope all the info you've gotten so far has been helpful! :)
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hiya, welcome aboard!
Welcome to RPR! Everyone here is so friendly, don't worry about being new :D I'm sure you'll find awesome fun RPs in no time!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Ello

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus