Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey :)

Hey, I'm not very good at introductions, so this may be a little short. I'm Jester and I was introduced to this site by another member, so I thought that I would give it a try. I have roleplayed across several websites over the years; GaiaOnline, Proboards, Tumblr, Roleplayer.me, and now I would like to give this one a try. I saw that someone in this forum call out the tumblr roleplayers for being "triggered" by everything, so I'm going to guess by her statement that tumblr has a reputation of sorts? Well in any case, I just wanted to say that I'm not like that and I actually do want to get away from it.

My favorite kinds of roleplaying? I like sci-fi, fantasy, horror. I prefer playing canon characters, but I love OC's and I'm willing to do crossovers as long as they make sense. And I also like character building as well as building some sort of continuous story line. And... I like to write so I like to do multi-para threads. :)

Ask for other info, I'm going back to school in the spring to become a Physical Therapist Assistant. I have been writing for about ten years and I'm still trying to better myself at it. My favorite show is Fringe and I would love to find someone else here that knows something about that so I can geek out about that with you ;)
EVERYONE SHOULD GET A CHANCE TO RP WITH JESTER. She's awesome.
Welcome to RPR my friend <3
Welcome to RPR, Jester! As a friend of Uni, I'm sure you're awesome.

I love playing canons too-- what kinds of fandoms do you like to roleplay in? If we have any in common, I'd love to hit you up :>
NobleJester Topic Starter

Madam wrote:
Welcome to RPR, Jester! As a friend of Uni, I'm sure you're awesome.

I love playing canons too-- what kinds of fandoms do you like to roleplay in? If we have any in common, I'd love to hit you up :>
Thank you for the welcome ^_^ she introduced me to this site.

Hmm, well I'm still thinking on which characters that I'm want to bring in, but, Fringe, Sleepy Hollow, The Walking Dead & Game of Thrones mostly.
Richard B Riddick (played by Michonne)

Welcome to RPR jester! Since you love canons and Sci-fi I can go ahead and give you my one canon I play that is sci-fi if you ever wanna hit up for Rp!
Hey there, welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, but you can also call me Light! A pleasure to meet you!

It's always fun to meet a fellow writer! So are the story genres you write about the same as your favorite RP genres? Or do you write about different genres?
Hi there, and welcome to RPR! This is definitely a great website for roleplay, so great choice to come here! ^.^
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! It sounds like you already know a person or two here that can help you learn your way around, but even so, allow me to extend an offer of help should you have any questions, concerns or suggestions. :)

LightSide-Lotus wrote:
Hey there, welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, but you can also call me Light! A pleasure to meet you!

It's always fun to meet a fellow writer! So are the story genres you write about the same as your favorite RP genres? Or do you write about different genres?
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, they're the same. Although I think that I would be up for almost any kind of roleplay depending on what the plot is. And ask for Sci-fi, if it gets a little too out there, I might decline, because I like to have plots that are rooted into reality a bit if that makes sense?

RainbowToRosie wrote:
Hi there, and welcome to RPR! This is definitely a great website for roleplay, so great choice to come here! ^.^
Thank you :) So far it seems really nice and user friendly. And I've also heard that this site is fairly chilled out so that would be a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other places that I have been.

Kim wrote:
Welcome welcome! It sounds like you already know a person or two here that can help you learn your way around, but even so, allow me to extend an offer of help should you have any questions, concerns or suggestions. :)
Hey, thank you for the welcome! I will keep the offer in mind, this is a pretty big site and it's a lot to get used to, so I'm sure that I'll probably have some questions for you in the future :)
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! :) I too (and many others) prefer more realistic plots, so that shouldn't be too big of an issue hopefully! I'm glad to hear we're more relaxed, but I think that's also cause we prefer letting people roll their own dice in a manner of speaking. XD I'm not interested in many other RP websites cause of their super strict inflexible guidelines. RPR is the opposite of that. :)

Anyway I hope you'll enjoy your time here! I'd certainly like to see you involved with our community. :) You seem really nice!
Welcome welcome! This site is absolutely fantastic! I love the profile picture XD

Sanne wrote:
Welcome to the site! :) I too (and many others) prefer more realistic plots, so that shouldn't be too big of an issue hopefully! I'm glad to hear we're more relaxed, but I think that's also cause we prefer letting people roll their own dice in a manner of speaking. XD I'm not interested in many other RP websites cause of their super strict inflexible guidelines. RPR is the opposite of that. :)

Anyway I hope you'll enjoy your time here! I'd certainly like to see you involved with our community. :) You seem really nice!
Thank you :) and yeah, I don't think that I would mind if a plot drifts away from reality a little bit as long as there's a reasonable explanation for it. Like with Fringe, it is a Sci-fi television series, however, almost everything can be explained through science or theoretical science... so it's based in reality in that way.

I have been on Tumblr for a while, as well as Gaia, and there is just so much drama on those two websites and it has just created a really toxic environment x.x RPR does seem to be the exact opposite of that though. It even made me sign a pledge to be kind to other roleplayers and not to use chat speak, and I just thought that that was so nice, to be honest with you :)

But thank you for the warm welcome, you seem to be really nice yourself!

FiaratheNothingess wrote:
Welcome welcome! This site is absolutely fantastic! I love the profile picture XD
Haha, thank you. Are you a fan of Fringe/Walter? ;)
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hiya, welcome to RPR!

Practically, my whole lineup of characters is canons, so don't feel too left out.
HibariHaru

tumblr_llfgfbg8Vl1qit92oo1_500.gif
Hi there and I would like to also welcome you to the site! I am Hibari and I hope you enjoy every moment you have here in RPR. And good luck by the way on becoming a PTA. I bet you'll do great! :)
Welcome to the site, Jester! I'm Rin. From the replies I've read, Unicorn invited you here, yes? You won't regret joining us! :)

I haven't tried roleplaying on Tumblr and I probably won't be doing so anytime soon. My reason is that I've run into news about hate blogs and I was thinking that maybe all kinds of artists could get involved. Not that everyone on Tumblr is like that though, as I'm a Tumblr user myself. I mostly only reblog stuff. XD

Anyway, not to worry about your favorite genres as we have those here. :D Plus, there's a high chance for other members to have the same interests as you so feel free to chat! Don't hesitate to ask any questions either if you have any. Oh, and best of luck to becoming a great physical therapist assistant!
Welcome to RPR! I've been told Fringe is a good show but I haven't had the chance to sit and watch it yet. Bummer! Hope you're enjoying the site so far :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey :)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus