Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » I'm a Deviant. ARE YOU?

Hm... Would art done for others, such as commissions or in art trades, belong in Original Characters or Fan Art...?
Novalyyn wrote:
Hm... Would art done for others, such as commissions or in art trades, belong in Original Characters or Fan Art...?

You know... I've been wondering that myself since I've been looking at a lot of my own work and seeing where they would best go. I might just have to go ahead and add two new folders for Art Trades and Commissions to ease the confusion.

EDIT: And it has been done.

2nd EDIT: I condensed Art Trades and Commissions into a single folder called 'Art Done For Others' per Novalyyn's suggestion.
Ilmarinen Moderator

What else belongs in fanart? Fan OCs (like someone's pokemon character) or only actual canon characters?

I also posted a blog discussing organization but it hasn't been approved... please ignore it :p
Heimdall wrote:
What else belongs in fanart? Fan OCs (like someone's pokemon character) or only actual canon characters?

I also posted a blog discussing organization but it hasn't been approved... please ignore it :p

I'm assuming that it means just general fanart of franchises and things of the like. Without Andryn's say, however, I am not sure how to answer. o:

I've also been wondering that as well, since I'd like to submit some of the Fallout 4 pieces I've gotten done.

It could also mean that it's for people that RP canon characters on the site! But until our questions are addressed by Andryn, it seems to be shrouded in mystery for now. ; v ;
Andryn Topic Starter

Hi, y'all! Sorry I was out last night. I'm working on setting up the Co-Founders so that they can do all the admin stuff, too, and then my unreliable butt won't be in sole control of this wonderful thing we are building. I'm reading through this thread and working on setting up the permissions and categories and whatnot. I'M TRYING, I PROMISE.
Andryn wrote:
Hi, y'all! Sorry I was out last night. I'm working on setting up the Co-Founders so that they can do all the admin stuff, too, and then my unreliable butt won't be in sole control of this wonderful thing we are building. I'm reading through this thread and working on setting up the permissions and categories and whatnot. I'M TRYING, I PROMISE.

If you're lost on some of the dA group stuff at all, let me know. :'D I have about five to six years of admining and moderating dA groups under my belt.
Andryn Topic Starter

I just want to go on record saying that I'm not considering myself as the Group Head or anything like that. You don't need to ask my permission. By all means, as soon as any of the RPR admins join the group, they'll be put properly in charge, as I see it as only fitting. I'm just the guy trying to make it functional so that we can all enjoy it.
Tate

Well, hello then. Can definitely say I want in on this too. Any room for another mod?
Ha..... I'm so dead in DeviantART.... If I remember this after all the Christmas stuff today, I might join?
Reima, you should be able to join without asking. C:

Permissions are in place that if someone wants to join as part of members, they can just hit that join button and be automatically approved. ^ o ^

Also, Tate, I'd answer your question, but I'm not sure I can. @ v @ Having another helping hand would be great, though. ^ o ^
Yes yes
But it's a matter if I deem myself worthy
Omg!
This is amazing how do I join!?!
I dun see a button anywhere to ask or join :o
There should be a button close to the top of the group page that says 'Join this group'. :)
FreeJayFly wrote:
There should be a button close to the top of the group page that says 'Join this group'. :)

Sadly no :<
All I can do is add to watch...
Could mobile version of DA mess with it?
Tate

Kitom wrote:
FreeJayFly wrote:

Probably, I've had nothing but trouble with DA mobile when I used it, it's pretty worthless overall?

Lemme know if you're having issues once you access the web browser version.
Tate wrote:
Kitom wrote:
FreeJayFly wrote:

Probably, I've had nothing but trouble with DA mobile when I used it, it's pretty worthless overall?

Lemme know if you're having issues once you access the web browser version.

Won't be home for a bit since you know holidays, but!
I noticed something!
I have 2 screen shots showing there is something I'm guessing in the settings that makes it not show up?
I will check on desktop when I am able but here is what I saw on a random page vs. The Rpr one:

Rpr page:
2uemx5f.jpg

Random open geoup:
atpytc.jpg
The problem seems to be stemming from the fact that you're attempting to join specifically through the group's 'About Us' page. Which is only edited through admin discretion to include that information at times.

You should be on the Home page of the group, where the 'Join Group' button should show up in the section screen capped below:

e0b9a65fd51362e0b283f0f225cfb013.png
FreeJayFly wrote:
The problem seems to be stemming from the fact that you're attempting to join specifically through the group's 'About Us' page. Which is only edited through admin discretion to include that information at times.

You should be on the Home page of the group, where the 'Join Group' button should show up in the section screen capped below:

I was just pointing out through the mobile version, I'm thinking that perhaps it is bugged or badly coded to not show up outside the 'about us' section. I swear DA just hates phones!

This is what the 'home' section shows me:
30rs4mv.png
This was such a good idea

//I've joined//
Kitom wrote:
FreeJayFly wrote:

I was just pointing out through the mobile version, I'm thinking that perhaps it is bugged or badly coded to not show up outside the 'about us' section. I swear DA just hates phones!

This is what the 'home' section shows me:
30rs4mv.png

Well, let me know what your deviantART username is and I'll shoot an invite to Members your way.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » I'm a Deviant. ARE YOU?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus