Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Just a quick post to say hi and to show that I exist. My favourite type of RP is any, I guess.
I've been RPing for about a month or so with a close friend but I think I should try to branch out, if you get what I mean.
Also, quick question. Is the site mobile friendly? It might be obvious but I'm just making sure.
Cheers for reading, and I hope to see you around.
Hi! Welcome to RPR! I have used this site on mobile occasionally, and it was pretty mobile friendly to me! The only issue I had was the 'Remember Me' part of the login.
HibariHaru

1303582215183.gif
Hello there and welcome to our lovely home called RPR. It's very nice to meet you. And yes, you can say that RPR is mobile-friendly since many of us access it through mobile. And if you wanna know if it has a mobile application, it unfortunately doesn't yet. I can't wait for it. But anyway, please enjoy your stay and always remember to have fun. :)
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hiya, welcome!
ThornDrayton Topic Starter

I thought as much but better know than don't. Thank you very much. :)
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying the site so far :)
Hello and welcome to the friendliest site of the internet! :D I actually started and learned how to RP on this website. This site has so many nice people. I have found many people to help me better my RP skills. I hope you find many people as nice as those I have met and RP with :3
Hey and welcome to the site! Personally, I've started out roleplaying with a friend around 3 years ago. I'm not very professional (and will probably not think of myself as one any time soon), but I gotta admit that being here has truly helped me to hone my writing skills. I hope you find the site helpful as well and make the most of it! :D

And yes, the site is mobile-friendly. I suggest you check it out for yourself too! Feel free to chat or ask questions. :)
Sanne Moderator

Hello and welcome to RPR! :D The site has a mobile version, but it's still a work in progress. Kim, our site admin, is working on optimizing lots of aspects about the mobile site to make it better for everyone. :) I frequently use the site from my phone and tablet though!
Hey there, welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, but you can also call me Light! Nice to meet you!

Oh, the site is super mobile friendly; the only problem I had was with the character profiles and that's just a minor, recent thing. Aside, it's perfect to use by mobile.
Welcome! As Sanne mentioned, Kim (the creator and admin of the site) is still working on improving the mobile experience in various parts, but the main site areas have all had a lot done already. I access the site from my phone quite often, and it does have a few minor limitations, but the experience is pretty good overall. Kim's happy to hear suggestions for improvements though, and actually rewards people who find bugs and mistakes - so if you find anything, let her know!
Kim Site Admin

Hi and welcome! If you've only RPed with one friend so far, you might want to check out this primer on basic RP concepts to make sure that the general RP expectations here line up with your experience so far. Most likely, they do! But even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here. :)

We also had some community discussions awhile back about how to improve at RP.. I boiled them down into interesting articles for those who are interested. Here's a selection of my favorite ones:

Writing for RP
The responsibility of ALL RPers (getting this one right will generally make people sing your praises!)
And if you want to put a slightly more advanced technique in your back pocket for now and again: Using dice to enhance RP

I'm sure you're finding your way around okay so far, but just in case, just in case you run into questions, don't worry, there's a lot of resources. You can always try typing your question into the search box, or you can check the help section. If that fails, everyone here is awesome and friendly. Always feel free to ask for help if you need it!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus