Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Man vs Machine (Open!)

Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Clutch hesitated briefly. "I might need some of your guidance to clear the pot hole. But I think I can manage the rest of it."

He chuckled softly. "We'll show those adrenaline junkies how a real racer races."
Tara O'Conly (played by L0v3lyInk)

"I just hope they don't try and fuck with us. I bet you any money that those other guys are going to try and go around that curve like we did." He sighed softly and shook his head as he sat down in clutch and rubbing his temples. "That fucker..."

Clutch was silent a moment, processing. "If they're all jockeying for the inside, then should we not keep to the outside? If one of them hits the pot hole..." He didn't need to see the carnage of hitting something at such a high speed to know there would be damage. Especially for those behind the unlucky car.

"And I tried to warn you about racer attitudes."

"That or try to get ahead of them. If we end up behind who knows if we will be able to stop before hitting them. Plus, if we are on the outside whenever someone hits the hole they are going to fly to the outside and hit us." he said sighing softly as he ran a hand through his hair.

"So basically, take the lead, stay in the lead, and don't hit the pot hole. Got it." He revved his engine. "That was fun. I haven't gotten to stretch my spedometer like that in a while."

Eric chuckled starting to relax. "And you didn't want to race your old hunk of junk butt." he laughed as he lightly patted the wheel. "Why were you so against it? Did you really not trust my driving skills?" he asked as he took in a deep breath.

Clutch grumbled something under his breath. "I thought I would lose." A little louder he added, "I never doubted your skill."

Mostly he'd been worried about getting a nick in his paint, but he was past that now. Now the problem was stopping before he got into trouble. He revved his engine and pulled forward a little. "Is the track clear yet?"

Eric laughed again. "Am I going to have to turn you off? They'll tell us when the track is cleared you knuckle head." he said having heard the 'i thought i was going to lose' part. He chose not to say anything about it though. "Calm your engine."

Clutch made a rude noise and then returned to idling. "Don't touch my ignition." He paused and adjusted the two front seats just for something to do. And then swiveled through the radio stations for a moment.

"Alright, now what?" It was amazing Clutch could last for hours in a garage with nothing but himself for amusement. Then again--he was usually turned off and didn't have to think about entertaining himself. Maybe this was why AIs didn't have personalities. It was like having a needy little kid around 24/7.

Eric rolled his eyes and shook his had. "We wait." he said as he felt the seat adjust under him. "So have you ever met any other AIs like yourself?" he asked trying to give Clutch something to focus on.

"Like me? or like me? The normal AIs are boring; so responsive, polite, clog-my-gas-tank-with-a-greasy-rag easily manipulated. The ones like me came about because of some virus or other that infected our AI core. How, no one really knows. But I'm grateful--somewhat--to it."

Although being self-aware did have its pitfalls. "I haven't run into any AI car here, yet. Judging by Tara's response, and yours, they--we--aren't very common."

"So you have met other cars like you that have had personality." he asked blinking as he thought about it. It would be cool to have another car like Clutch around. Of course they would keep each other company and everything. Not just that though, he could have his own super awesome AI car like Clutch. Well...Clutch was his own self, but all things considered he was still a car.

"Yes, occasionally. They're few and far between though. Why the sudden question?" Clutch asked suspiciously.

"I was just curious and I wanted to give you something to focus on rather then the track." he said yawning. Just as he said that someone came over the loud speakers.

"Hello racers! As you all know there was a very unfortunate accident on the tracks today. No one was hurt which is very fortunate but we will not be holding any more races for today. We are going to be cleaning off the tracks so there is no metal remnants left along with fixing in that pot hole. Or most of it anyways. Please find the nearest exit and have a nice day. Be sure to come back tomorrow racers!" With that the announcer got off.

Eric huffed and pursed his lips. "Well now what..."

Clutch blared his horn in disappointment. "Aww, I was looking forward to another race. But I'd rather not pick up metal shards in my tires either..."

He grumbled as he rolled out of the garage. "I've got a little time before Tara gets off work. I think."

Eric sighed and patted Clutch's wheel. "Well, I don't have much to do. If we go back to the house I'm just going to research some web cams for her and search possibilities on how to attach them to you." he said pursing his lips. "I could do it out in the garage if you want. That or you could go for a ride wherever to waste your time."

"Web cams!" Clutch tooted his horn anxiously. "I can have eyes?" He couldn't help it. Not having to rely on his motion sensors and impact detectors would be...it would be heaven. Like new tires, a full tune-up and a car wash complete with wax.

Eric laughed, "Well yeah but first we need to win a few races. I can't give you cool stuff without money and to get money we need to win. "oh! By the way, stop for a second. I need to stop and pick up my winnings. I should be getting about a grand at the least." he said as he thought about it. Seeing as he would be the only better on himself unless someone was out in the crowd, he would get most of the earnings.

"A grand? A grand what?" But he stopped to let Eric get out.

Eric chuckled. "A grand means a thousand dollars." he then waltzed off and came back with a wad of money. "Well damn Clutch. I got more than I had hoped for. People were really betting on these measly races today. I can probably find you decent web cams." he said as he lightly patted the money against clutch's wheel.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Man vs Machine (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus