Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Man vs Machine (Open!)

Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Clutch made a congratulatory "beep-beep" sound. "It was all to your steering, Eric," Clutch replied. "Otherwise I probably would have hit that pot hole."
Tara O'Conly (played by L0v3lyInk)

Eric laughed softly closing the door. "Well, I AM a pretty awesome driver. Without you though I wouldn't have been racing at all. So half to the both of us. That's 750 for each. I'll make sure that it's put towards your maintenance and gas. Along with those webcams."

"I guess this is the first time you've had to split with a car before, right?" Clutch guessed. Although if Eric had put so much energy into Red Hot, it was probable he had done it before--just that Red Hot hadn't exactly "spoken" to him like Clutch did. And this line of thinking was akin to racing over an oil slick.

Clutch headed for 'home'. "What do you usually do with your winnings?"

Eric chuckled, "Well, I've never given it directly to my car but I always did in a way." he said as he leaned back letting Clutch drive. He was still a little irritable from the other racer working him up about his old beauty. Just thinking about her made him kind of depressed. He had really loved that car.

Clutch jerked him out of it though by asking what he normally did with his winnings. "Well, obviously I paid the bills and bought myself food. Occasionally i went out to the bar with some of the other racers. Most of it I saved for old red. You can never have too much aside for when something with a car goes wrong."

Clutch adjusted the seat a little for Eric, hoping to put his passenger more at ease. "Cars and humans--both are expensive to patch up," he mused. "I should find a way to make more...maybe as a taxi?"

But to get people to pay--he'd have to kidnap more than he cared and there was no guarantee he'd get anything anyway. Tara was much safer to pick up, as her work was consistent. So was the travel.

Eric laughed. "Let me just buy a sticker and slap it on you. How would you make people pay you? Keep them locked inside until they put it in your glove box?" he laughed shaking his head.

"Pretty much," replied Clutch--completely serious. "But I wouldn't have any idea how much they actually put there unless someone counted it for me. Or I had one of those nifty machines to count it for me. Too much trouble."

That and he didn't want all strange manner of people roughing up his interior or messing with his controls. "I will never understand humans."

Eric sighed and shook his head. "That would be a pain. Taxi cars have those things built into them. I mean, I suppose I could just sit behind the wheel and look like I'm driving you to collect the money from them but you would still have the problem of them dragging all sorts of grim into the back and carpets." He pursed his lips and huffed looking down at Clutch's interior just to see how it was. It wasn't too bad, but there was some random dirt and other things.

"Dirt and grime is a constant, what with people getting in and out all the time." It was probably another reason for why he hated mechanics, since they tracked grease everywhere. "But I endure it because I must. And I can't reach the interior to clean it properly."

Eric chuckled. "That will be something for Tara to do. You should see the inside of her townhouse. It's spotless. I'm sure she wouldn't mind cleaning out your inside. She'll pull her shop vac up from the basement and bring out the soap water. She'd go the whole 9 yards."

Clutch's engine purred happily at the prospect of a vaccuuming. But it was the metaphor that got him. "What are yards, other than something I'm not supposed to drive through? And why nine of them?"

Eric bust out laughed when Clutch said that. He couldn't help himself. He just found it extremely entertaining. After a few minutes and after he had calmed down, Eric sighed and started to explain. "It's just a human saying Clutch. I just meant that she will go all out cleaning you and making sure you are spic and span. Inside and out."

"Oh." Clutch chuckled to himself, recording the information into his processor for use at another time. It was sure to confuse the heck out of someone later. Maybe he'd try it on Tara...

"I would like that," he said, as he pulled onto the street leading to Tara's garage and the townhouses.

"I'm 100% sure she will especially if I say something." he said as he stretched. "So do you want me to research the webcams on my own or in the garage with you?" Eric added seeing his house pull up. He wanted to have a general idea of what he was doing.

Clutch considered for a moment. Without eyes or a connection cable he wasn't sure that he could keep up with the unknown equipment that Eric was searching for. He wouldn't know what would work either until they were wired in anyway.

He checked the time. "If you don't mind, I think I'll go kill time before I pick up Tara from work. I'll leave the research to you since I don't know what to look for anyway." He pulled into the garage and came to a halt.

(Is this where we are going to leave it? Or are we going to continue?)

Eric chuckled as he opened the door and stepped out. "What you gonna go do before you have to pick up Tara?" he asked as he lightly patted the top of Clutch's hood.

(We can leave it here, if that works for you. ;) It's been a hoot and a half. xD)

"Take a stroll, get into mischief, you know, car stuff." Clutch said. "And don't worry, I won't tell Tara anything about the racing." After all, what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

"Try to stay out of trouble, Eric," Clutch replied, backing slowly out of the garage again.

"You keep out of trouble yourself Clutch and don't get into any accidents. This wad won't cover a make over for you." he said with a smile as he headed into the house.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Man vs Machine (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus