Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Man vs Machine (Open!)

Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Clutch flashed his lights. "Will do, Tara; have a good night. See you in the morning, bright and early."

With that, he turned off, his engine's hum settling into silence as his AI shut off and his battery was allowed to recharge. If anything happened in the garage, he wouldn't know.
Tara O'Conly (played by L0v3lyInk)

Tara closed the door and locked her side shooing Eric off and away from Clutch. Every so often, she would look out to check up on him, but Eric stayed inside of his half of the house. She went to bed and got up bright and early getting ready for work. She was going in early today to make up for some of the the work she had missed the previous morning when she had found Clutch.

She headed out to the garage and unlocked the door opening it up to see the red Buick. She smiled and walked over to the drivers door and opened it before sitting down in it and turning him on. She still had a minute or two, she just wanted him to warm up. "Good morning Clutch." she said with a smile.

Clutch purred to life, his battery recharged. "Oh! Is it time to go?"

He revved his engine experimentally as static cackled across his speakers. "Boy do I feel like a new car. Where to, Tara? I'll get you there in record time!"

Tara laughed and shook her head. "Calm down. We still have a few minutes, I just wanted to get your engine warmed up." she said as she patted the steering wheel. "Let me get my things and we can go. I'm going to the same place as yesterday dear." she said as she climbed out to go get her things.

She disappeared for a minute and then came back out with her bag and a jacket. She then climbed behind the drivers wheel again and put her bag on the passenger's seat before closing the side door. "Alright, there we go."

It was just as well that Tara went back to get her stuff--it gave Clutch an extra minute to dig up the address of her work. Once Tara was settled, he started to back out of the garage before his sensors beeped indicating he was going to run into something.

"Is the garage door down?" he asked suddenly. Or perhaps he'd just pulled in weird when Eric had done his oil change.

Tara looked back and blinked, "No, I wouldn't have been able to get in if it was down." She turned around to look and see if something was there blocking it. Or rather to see if someone was there blocking it perhaps.

Clutch pulled forward again, adjusted his wheel, and then reversed without further difficulties. Hey, you try driving without eyes. Perhaps it had been a box she'd been moving.

When his tires hit pavement, he roared to life; and with a screech of burning rubber, he sped down the lane--careful not to gun it too fast for his driver. And for the most part, he kept reasonably within range of the speed limit.

"So, do you have anything exciting planned for today?" he asked his driver, as he turned down another street, meshing in with the early morning rush.

She buckled herself in as they took off and she sighed as she leaned back in the seat. "Hmm...not really. I think my boss has another meeting so that gives me more work to do. I suppose that will make the day go by faster. I'm going to try sketching up some ideas or robots to build though. I'll try making some blue prints too if I have a chance." she said huffing softly.

"What are you going to do while I'm at work? Go hang out with Eric?" she said with an amused smile on her face.

"Sounds like fun!" Clutch commented when Tara talked about drawing up designs.

The mention of Eric caused him to pause. "Does he not work during the day, as well?" Although if he didn't have a vehicle--then that would explain a lot. "What does he do?"

"Honestly, I don't know." she sighed softly and shook her head. "I know for a time, he fixed cars for other races and did basic changes for them. Lately though, no one has been coming around. I don't know what he does for money."

She pursed her lips and sighed. "If he does work I'm normally up and gone before he gets up. At least I think I am. Maybe he's a male hooker."

"Most racers know how to fix a car, so they would make decent mechanics," said Clutch. And then continued completely oblivious to context or how the human world worked: "He hooks things? What is he, a tow truck?"

He pulled up alongside the curb and rolled to a stop. They had reached Tara's destination for work in record time, without electing the attention of the police.

Tara laughed when he asked her what she meant by hooker. She shook her head and opened the door. "When I said hooker, I mean a male prostitute. He sells his body to get money." she said giggling softly. She patted his hook and sighed. "I'll see you after work Clutch. Don't get into too much trouble Clutch, and try not to get dirty." she laughed and closed the door not letting him answer as she trotted up the stairs and into her building.

It was just as well that she didn't wait to listen to Clutch's comment after she left. "So...does that make racecars and used cars hookers?" It might explain their caustic personalities.

He rolled away from the curb to rejoin in the craziness of traffic. Perhaps he should go see what Eric was up to since Tara wouldn't be needing him until six.

Eric was currently just rolling out of bed. He actually didn't have a job currently. He would still occasionally work on cars and occasionally he would work at his friend's garage when he was low on people, but right now he was just chilling inside of his house rolling around in his bed.

Clutch being Clutch, did the only thing a car could do to get a stumbling, half-asleep human out of bed on what was otherwise a workday. He blasted his horn.

And, when that didn't work, he triggered his built-in alarm system which would wake a coma patient. Beeps, wheeps, whoops and Clutch's snarky twist on the words: "Step away from the bed! I repeat, step away from the bed!" Should have the desired effect...

Eric jumped whenever the horn went off. He then sighed, just thinking it was a neighbor and started to crawl back into bed. He whimpered when he realized that it was Clutch. He sighed and made his way downstairs and outside looking at Clutch with a sigh. "WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?!." he shouted as he sighed shaking his head at the car. He was still currently in his boxers and a t-shirt, which wasn't the classiest thing to go outside in.

Clutch chuckled to himself at his success at driving Eric out of bed.

"Tara's at work--shouldn't you be as well?" he piped up. "So where to? I'll take you there myself."

Eric huffed and turned around. "I don't have a job right now!" he said crossing his arms. "It is extremely RUDE to wake someone up so early when they don't have to be up." he looked back over his shoulder at the Buick. "Go take a nap in the garage."

Clutch beeped his horn. "Take a nap? I'm not a...an...an alarm clock that can snooze. I'm a fully enhanced Artificial Intelligent car who wants to go somewhere. And you're the only one who doesn't have anything to do. So..." he paused.

"What does a human do on his day off? You could work as a mechanic," he added. "I think Tara mentioned you did some work. I could drive you there. Or we could cruise the streets..." Of course he knew he was egging Eric on, but a car had only so much excitement that existed within a garage.

Eric groaned. "The only places I need or want to go are to the race tracks and 'YOU DON'T WANT TOOOOOO'." he huffed and turned around looking at the car. "Plus you won't let me at least SIT in the drivers seat. Which is RUDEEEEEEE."

"So why should I spend my nice relaxing day with you?" he asked clearly acting childishly as he tried to get what he wanted, which was behind Clutch's wheel. Even if he wasn't driving.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Man vs Machine (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus