Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Celestina (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Celestina stuttered a little and then nodded. "Uhm, this way.." She started walking again, glancing around a bit nervously. She was getting confused, not on where they were going, but on just how this was all going to work. Not like she had a plan in the first place. She never had a plan.

"I am the map." she said simply.
Sitta (played by SeraphicStar)

The elf, who had completely ignored the woman's words on being nice towards the annoying gnome person, was however getting fed up with many little things... and a big thing - the feeling he was getting that Celestina could not remember the way. How slow was their progress like that. But he remained silent, following the wizard who followed the rain woman. How ridiculous he felt.
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj was quiet through this exchange. He wondered briefly how the lizard woman thought she would be able to follow them when she was in fact ahead of them. He hadn't the energy to question her however. He hadn't gotten much rest in the past few days as he always seemed to be on the move and the ranger's normally venomous tongue was subdued for a time.
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

((Like any good scout, Sam is circling the party's perimeter, rather than staying at a fixed point relative to them. In addition, that many people make plenty of noise, they're traveling at a steady pace without sudden course changes, and Sam has much better visibility of them than they do of her.

All basic stuff every adventurer learns in their first year at academy. :P))

Celestina continued to walk on. She was growing worried however, and her pace quickened. She was...a bit hesitant on just how accurate her memories were on just where they were going. She only hoped her opponent hadn't made any illusions that would push her off the trail.

"Uhm...thank you all for coming..."

The silence had been too much for her.

He scoffed. "Don't thank us yet, we may well get killed, you know." He felt stuffy within the bubble and his mood was deteriorating more than usual. "Are you sure you know where you are going, woman?"

Celestina didn't like Dadj's questioning. It didn't make her as sure of herself as she used to be when they first started out.

"Yes." She pouted a little and sighed. "Can't you just be nice? The only nice one in this group is Owaja and that new girl."

((shortfail))

"Go ahead, tell me now how you hate men." The Ranger rolled his eyes. "I will be nice when I am riding away from this place, in clear weather with no intention of coming back." The man was testy, that was for sure. But he usually had a reason.

((Evenly short fail!))

"Uh, hey, where are we going, anyway? I don't especially like walking blind in to deathtraps, you know? It's kind of a thing with me."

((M-M-M-MEGA SHOORRRRRT))

(( Were we having a contest? Lol))

Dadj met gazes with the lizard woman and again went through that feeling of de ja vous. He definitely saw this woman somewhere before. Or so he thought.

"We are going on a journey headed by this woman to some tower where we can stop the rain. Where that tower resides is only held within her brain, so she is our map and navigator. Huzzah." Admittedly he was being all sarcasm now.

Celestina pouted. "Not men. Just a couple men." When Samantha asked their question, she had been about to answer. But of course, Dadj got there first. She suddenly stopped walking. Yes, she was in fact going to be childish. "Very well." she said simply. "You all can go on without me, if I am of such little use to you. If I am such an annoyance, I would truly love to see you go on your way without me."

She stood there and crossed her arms over her chest, going silent. Smooth move, Dadj...

Dadj regarded the woman for a moment, then his sour expression went to cruel. He placed a hand on the gnome's shoulder and smiled at her. "If I go on, Owaja comes with me. She is generally concerned for the environment, as well as I and therefore will not abandon this quest. If we need to trudge on ahead, we will find this tower you speak of and defeat the wizard inhabiting it alone. I believe Sitta will agree that course of action is acceptable."
Owaja (played by Evilduckie227)

Owaja blinked rapidly as if snapping back from a day dream. Truth be told, she hadn't been listening to a single thing any of the party members were bickering about and only came to when Dadj's hand touched her shoulder.

"Um--right- yes. mmhmm..." The gnome's eyes wandered around, making quick interpretations of everyone's expression before her subconscious finally clicked into play. "Wait-what? Are you sure you don't want to go, Miss Celestia ma'am? I thought you really wanted to go." Owaja frowned and gave the young woman a short compassionate stare before her Sunflower's growling broke her concentration.

The ferret wanted nothing to do with the seemingly giant man standing beside Owaja, and he promptly arched his back and raised his hackles to make himself as threatening as possible, all while still atop of Owaja's head. Hearing the overhead displeasure from her dear faunistic friend, Owaja promptly turned to face Dadj and let out a huff.

"You're trying to steal my spotlight aren't you...?"

Celestina looked away and pouted. "Yes, I want to come. But right now I'd rather have someone pushed out of this shield so he can learn some manners in the rain!" She didn't look so much as mad anymore than she looked hurt.

She started walking again, as long as Owaja followed of course, but she wouldn't look at anyone.

"If you want me to walk to our destination naked, then go for it." The Rangers usual cocky smirk was back in place as they continued on.

He had ignored the gnomes questioning entirely as he had gotten what he wanted and it was of no consequence what she thought his motives to be.

((Bumping this so Star doesn't forget it exists :P))
Sitta (played by SeraphicStar)

Sitta sighed. Mentally, of course. "Put your feelings aside, rain woman, and look around you. Do you know how many lives you are possibly dooming by being a blundering, moody fool? Do you know what this rain will turn these once fertile lands into? If you do not wish to come, tell us the way and be done with it. Or at least save that for later."

'Later' would be after their task was done - and when he was away from her, preferably. Typical. Humans were always acting according to their feelings, when they should use logic or sense of duty instead.

Celestina blushed when Dadj spoke of walking there naked. No, that definitely was not a good idea. When Sitta pointed out what she already knew, she said nothing. It had been a bluff, really. She would never have just stopped and let them all go on.

"He could be nicer." she mumbled. She wasn't mad anymore. Just hurt.

"It shouldn't be too long." Hopefully they were making good time and would get to the rift soon. The tower was protected by magical energy that was...well, rather finicky.

The Ranger knew it would be proper etiquette to apologize right about now, but his pride prevented him from doing so. And the thought that this woman would grow old and die like everyone else, why make friends?

He simply settled for walking on in silence.
Owaja (played by Evilduckie227)

Crossing her arms and muttering a few harsh words under her breath, the gnome turned away from the ranger and looked onward. Rising steam from the rain's acidic makeup made it hard to see anything in the distance, but Owaja was sure she felt something. Sunflower had noticed it well before she did, perhaps that was why he had been acting so strangely. Or maybe it was just his distemper towards Dadj. What ever the came, the gnome waited a few more minutes before the static feeling swept over her again.

"Uh, 'scuse me, Miss Selestia?" Owaja began while spinning around on a heal and walking backwards. "How far would you say we are from that magical tower thingie? Cuz I'm sensing a pretty big and powerful force not too far away from here."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus