Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Celestina (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Celestina considered Dadj's question for a moment. "I can manipulate water. Perhaps I could keep up a continuous shield of water while we travel. We'd have to take shelter every so often for me to rest. But if we move quickly, I might be able to make an overhead cover by constantly manipulating the water within the black poison rain." If even one drop slipped they would probably get burned, but she felt like a minor injury was better than no chance at stopping the rain.

She looked to both men, waiting for their opinions on this revelation.
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj considered her idea. He was not opposed to it. What minimal water might get through wouldn't be enough to bother him too much. He looked to Sitta who was obviously unreadable. He nodded his approval to the idea. "But a mage still might be helpful to keep you going. You're bound to get tired. And without you we do not know where we are going or what we are looking for."
Sitta (played by SeraphicStar)

Sitta was indeed relieved that there was a way to do it that didn't involve his own painful death. He was unafraid to lay down his life for the greater good, true. That didn't mean he was suicidal in any way. He graced both 'lowly humans' with a nod, showing he agreed with Dadj.

"He is correct. If we are lucky enough to find a magician in this building, their help would be most valuable."

"Alright. I suggest we look for one now, then. We need to stop this rain as soon as possible. Eventually it will start to corrode the buildings. The only way to hide from this rain is to hide beneath layers of rock. We cannot force the entire population of Imbrium into a cave." She shook her head slightly and sighed, then headed towards the stairs. "Alright, let's go. We must find a mage."

She would need all the help she could get. She wasn't exactly social, and she sure couldn't go anywhere on her own.

Dadj held up a finger to indicate he needed a moment, slid back into the inky blackness of his room and reemerged fully clothed. He wore an open-neck poets shirt beneath a leather tunic. He jacket was worse off then he had hoped from the bite of the rain and therefore unacceptable to wear in public. He closed the door behind him and rolled up his sleeves as they descended the stairs. As the Ranger entered the busy inn house he immediately switched on the charm. He was all smiles and mystery, which caused people's eyes to wander toward him. When he felt he had more than a few people's attention he strode confidently to the bar, where he perched himself atop a stool.

"People of Imbrium!" The room settled in a hush as they gave their previously concealed attention to the man stalking over the bar like a wild cat. "I and my party seek to rid the land of this horrendous storm. We will seek out those regarded as suspects to the downpour and dole out vengeance in the name of justice." The people were riled now, they were hopeful but did not want to place too much in the hands of these strangers. Sure, some of them recognized him as one of the people who accepted the task of stopping the regular rain some days ago... And it did seem to them that he had stopped that rain; but then they were left to deal with this new, worse rain. They were doubtful, but willing to give in to hope.

"That will be a suicide mission, bub," some local skeptic murmured over his tankard of ale. Dadj turned his attention to him immediately. He lithely pounced from the bar and sauntered over to this man who would call him out.

"Well, good sir, would you offer your services?" He spoke loudly enough for the room to hear him. The man sputtered and took a long draw of his drink. "I did not think so." The Ranger's words were sharp. he turned back to the crowd. "This might be a suicide mission, if we do not get help. Good people! Is there a brave magician among you willing to accompany my companions and I to honor and glory? To living on in legend and the heroes who quelled this deadly rain?"

(A friend of mine on here wants to make a profile and play the mage/sorceress part. She's got a sorceress gnome, I think. :) You guys can reply and all but she'd really like to fill the spot.)

(I don't mind her taking the spot. :))

Celestina simply stood on the stairs, staying out of view and trying to remain unseens. She did not wish for the attention to be drawn to her as well.

(short post)

(Short post is short. And awesome XD )

(Slightly less short post is slightly less short than awesome short post :P)

The Sibling followed also, standing one step behind the 'rain woman'. Unlike her, he did not care if he was seen or not - he just didn't want to look like he cared about the results of the Ranger's little show. Even though he certainly did.
Owaja (played by Evilduckie227)

For long moments, not a single soul spoke in the Tavern. Perhaps they were too frightened of the strange man asking for such outrageous and particular qualities in a man, or perhaps there were literally no mages to be had. Some of the men grumbled and spoke under their breaths "I'm sure one will just LOVE to join YOU.." and others sipped their ale while slipping glances at the boisterous ranger. Regardless, no on in the room seemed to be interested in the least.

On the far end of the tavern, a door slowly creaked open after what sounded like a few short knocks, but it was hard to tell over the pour of the rain. Barley managing to push the heavy tavern door open, a small figure entered into the room. The little figure practically went by unnoticed to most due to her short stature, but there was something about her that caused many eyes to give a double take of her person.

If one looked just at the right angle, they could see a strange energy circling around her. Once inside, she pushed the heavy door closed with what appeared to be all of her weight and ceased the shield circling her, causing the lingering black rain drops to roll off onto the floor in small sizzles.

Straightening out her vest and brushing the wisp of bangs from her face, she made a hasty move towards the bar, nearly having to climb onto one of the stools that sat before it. When she was finally settled, after a few moments of wobbly climbing and fighting with the stool to not fall over, she waved over the barkeep with her scrawny arm and spoke:

"Hey! HEY!! you know there's something wrong with your rain outside?" Her earth-toned eyes looked over the big man's expression. "Yeah, it's pretty bad. Anyway, you think I could get a glass of water...hehe since you can't really drink what's outside? thanks. OH! and make it two please! Sunflower is thirsty too." Holding out an arm, a blur of white and black fur came sputtering from the collar of her shirt and across her arm to sit on the bar top before her. With it's tail held high in excitement, the ferret sat down on it's stubby hind legs, exchanging glances at the barkeep and it's master.

Dadj's attention swept to the tiny woman with the intensity of a hunting hawk. He forgot the man he had been heckling previously and sauntered to this new, interesting person. He could feel the pulse of magic coursing through her diminutive body and he was attracted to it like a moth to a flame. If she was indeed a powerful enough magic user, she could get them through the rain without difficulty. He settled himself next to her on a stool and took the glasses of water from the Barkeep before he could place them down. Instead, Dadj handed one to Owaja with a grin and offered the other to the ferret. The weasel-like creature slithered toward the water and bobbed its head with thanks before partaking of the liquid.

"What brings you here, my good gnome? You are a far way from your homeland. Perhaps, you are an adventurer? Interested in conquest, intrigue and glory? Or perhaps you are the roving type who lends her services to those in need?" He waited for her to respond, but she was mid drink. "Or, perhaps, you are a powerful sorceress who would love to accompany me as well as a few others on a quest to end this death rain?"

Celestina was one of the few who had her eyes on the female the moment she stepped in the doors. She slowly decended the stairs and went over to the girl, sitting down on the other side. "Did you get through the rain without being hurt?" she asked quietly.

"How? Are you a mage? You feel different. Can you keep away the rain? Did you make a shield?" Yes, she was bombarding the woman with questions. But this was just what they needed!

If the small gnome had heard either of the two people speak it was unclear. She made no hint of a response during the entire time her lips were to the glass she was drinking from. Finally, when the glass was empty, she placed it down on the countertop and turned her tiny body to face the two strangers who had showered her in question.

"Oh, hi! Nice to meet you. My name's Owaja. You can call me Janna if you like." the gnome extended a tiny hand for Dadj to shake while her ferret friend inched closer to Celestia, sniffing the air with curiosity. "Hey, do you know what's going on with the weather here? I've had to use a barrier spell all day since I arrived here from the East. Kind of a sad place to live, don't you think?"

The reply came from Sitta, of all people. The content, however, was as expected.

"Enough words." He coldly said, descending the stairs as well, his inexpressive eyes locked on the gnome. Looking down on her in many ways, yet knowing too much was depending on her. Again the elf spoke.

"We have limited time. You will join us in our quest. We depart immediately. Prepare your magical barriers, magician."

Celestina stared at the ferret. In all honesty she'd never met such a creature. "The weather? Oh...yes.." She was interrupted by Sitta. "P-please, we.." She cleared her throat and looked at the woman. "We need your help. To stop this rain, we need a way to get safely where we need to go. But we cannot travel through this rain. Could you accompany us and protect us with your barriers? It will be four people, including you." She smiled slightly.

"Please. We have to stop the rain or it will eat through the houses and then no one is safe."

She was much more polite than Sitta.

The Ranger's charm slipped momentarily and he fixed Owaja with a withering glare. He caught himself before he said something snide. He remembered that she was crucial to their quest and let the others do the talking, lest he offend her.

Owaja pulled her legs up to her body and hugged her arms around them, resting her chin on her knees as if in deep thought. Truth be told, the sudden swarm of strangers bombarding her with requests was making her a bit uncomfortable. Never the less, the adventurous side of her was starting to consider the benefits of taking on such a noble quest.

The whole scenario began to play out in her mind the more she thought about it. She would be the hero of this sketchy town and they might even g so far as to make a monument in her honor. "Owaja Sirslip saves town from evil rains!" A yearly celebration would be held in her honor! And it would be all because of her decision this very moment. Curling her toes, the little gnome fought back a smile as the scene repeated itself in her mind over and over. Mind you, only ten seconds had gone by since Celestia had muttered her last word.

"I'LL DO IT!!" The gnome's tiny body leapt off the bar chair she was sitting on and landed lightly on the bar counter top before her. Spinning on her bare heels she turned to face the trio of strangers she would soon call comrades and began her hasty heroine speech, all while Sunflower hung his head low as if he was too embarrassed to meet anyone's gaze.

"--And I promise you, my heroic efforts will be celebrated for centuries to come!"

Celestina watched, waiting. She shot an apprehensive glance towards Dadj, confused at his sudden hostility. When Owaja jumped to her feet she jumped in surprise, almost falling out of her seat. A smile of relief rushed over her features. "Wonderful! Thank you so much..." Maybe the situation wasn't so helpless after all!

The ranger put his palms down on the bar, scaring the ferret. He pushed himsle away from the counter and to his feet. With a mock flourish he waved the path to the stairs for the ladies.

"Well if we are done with words, how about we get to the action." He let go the visage of the charming man he had used to stir the room and went back to his normal sour self. He left the bar and stalked up the stairs for his things.

Taking a final once over of the little group she had just became a part of, the little gnome brushed a lock of hair behind her pointed ear and made a dramatic leap off the bar counter; Sunflower right behind her. One on the ground (and ferret on her shoulders), Owaja turned to face her friends and let a broad smile grow across her face.

"All right!" She began, hands on her hips. "Which way are we going?"

Celestina watched Dadj with a bit of confusion, then looked at Owaja. "We have to pack first. It should only take a few minutes, but then we head north." She gave a little nod to Owaja and went to pack them some food and pack her own clothes. She made sure there was enough food for all of them, hopefully.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus