Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Celestina (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Celestina didn't seem to be affected by Dadj's threat. "I like the rain..." she said simply. "Why not?" was the simple question to the Ranger's last words. "Why do you not want to kill me? What makes me worth living?" Her voice never changed from it's somber tone. The rain fell and fell, not even lessening. If anything, it seemed to rain harder.

She straightened from her crouched position on the ground and let the water from the puddle follow her fingertips up through the air, before letting the trails of water simply slip away and splash back into the small pool of liquid at her feet. "Well?"
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

"I'm not particularly driven to kill you; but this rain is making me angrier than usual. And you're killing crops, I guess. So I was asked to find you and 'ask' you to end this nonsense. If not, then move out of this country."

The ranger shifted his weight, though not in an uncomfortable or nervous fashion. The woman was unchanged, and her decision to make it rain also unceasing. Dadj's already limited patience were wearing ragged. "Although, it does seem like you're not stopping me from killing you, nor telling me not to. So, Goddess or no... I might try my luck."

With that, he unsheethed his short swords.
Raine smiled, thanked the bartender, and walked out. When she was outside, the hydrokinesis stone on her medallion started to glow. It floated off the medallion and started moving in some direction. "It knows where she is," Raine whispered happily, and began to follow.
When she finally got near where the girl was, the stone glowed brighter and brighter until it was almost blinding. She could hear voices now; that man had already found her? WTF? Then she reached the place where the two were, the stone floating back onto her medallion. The sight of the girl...she was beautiful. She looked like one of Raine's kind. Certainly they both weren't bothered by the rain.
She backed up behind a tree to listen.

Celestina sighed softly, but this time the sound was rather...irritated. "You are in my domain, Ranger. You truly wish to pull your swords at me?" Even though the sigh had been an annoyed one, her voice was still the same sad, somber tone. Her sky-reflecting eyes stole a quick glance towards the tree where Raine was hidden. Celestina knew someone was there; as she had said, it was her domain. "I'm killing the crops? That is the only reason you have to kill me? Rain...is perfect."

She flicked her hand, the raindrops suddenly halting where they were right in the air. "It is refreshing...." The silence that came from the halt of the sudden downpour might have been just as defeaning. "I like the rain..." She dropped her hand back to her side, and the raindrops resumed their plummet to earth.
Raine decided to make her entrance now.
"You're wording it wrong," she said as she stepped out from behind the tree. "I think it would be a lot better if you talked about something other than yourself," she said tonelessly to Dadj. She then turned to Celestina and smiled, controlling the water around her to swirl around her hand like little orbiting planets. "So you're Pluvia, eh? Or is that some name they gave you? Either way, you're the goddess that barkeeper was talking about. Pleasure to meet you. I'm Raine." She held out her hand, the droplets still orbiting around it.

Dadj was quite done with all the showyness going around and his face fell into its usual scowl. These women. How did he always end up dealing with pissy women? He regarded the new comer with disdain. He had only accepted this quest because it was something to do. Besides that he had no motivation to be here. Oh, and to stop the rain, perhaps. Something shifted uncomfortably inside him.

His liquid eyes shown a dull amber as they regarded both Pluvia and this water... woman... He choked back his foul words and resheathed the swords. The "goddess" was annoying; one of those dieties who was self important apparently.

The dark-haired girl turned her attention to Raine as she stepped out of hiding. A tiny little smile touched her lips as Raine controlled the water around her. "Ah...that is what they call me, but it is not my name." She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, her eyes downcast for a moment before going towards Dadj. "My name is truly Celestina. I'm not...a goddess. I'm just...me." Raine's appearance, or perhaps just the appearance of another water-user herself, seemed to have calmed Celestina and eased her. "Why did you come all this way to stop me?" she asked Dadj quietly. Her eyes turned to Raine. "And you, as well?"
Unknown user

(Mind if I join on Ominous? Shes a shadow wolf/demon creature, and can fit into any time setting :3
LINK: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=2267)
Sitta (played by SeraphicStar)

(I know I'm a tad late as well, but would this thing have room for like, the most obnoxious elf ever?

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=2299 )
(Both sound pretty awesome to me, if CelestinaGrey's okay with it :D )
Raine smiled. "Celestina. Beautiful name. I didn't come here to stop you. I came here to tell you that the townspeople aren't faring well in the rain. Their food is sparse, children and adults alike are dying, everyone is so hopeful for the sun, it seems really horrible of a person, mortal or goddess alike, to just let them suffer like that." She shrugged sadly, then giggled. "Of course, I love the rain. If the people weren't so sad, I'd live in this town anytime." She then looked over to Dadj. "He came, it seems, because he was foolish enough to try and stop you." Sigh of exasperation. If he did try to kill Celestina, Raine would be on her side, not his...

The sneer on his face began to twist into disgust as Raine kept talking. He looked between the two woman and looked back to his horse, now calm and waiting. The grey mare bobbed her head to him and pawed at the wet mud. He was becoming bored again. Why exactly was he still here? He found the girl, she won't stop her rain and now she was having what seemed to be a touching moment with this other woman. She had also called him foolish. If anyone was going to taste steel today, he'd rather it be her.

"Apparently I was foolish enough to stop you. But I will not be foolish enough to stand around while the hens cluck at each other." He turned to the mare who seemed almost relieved that she was being mounted because it meant that she could leave this weird woman.
(I'd like to see Dadj try XD )

"Finally. Now we can talk without that stupid ranger glaring at us. Seriously." Raine rolled her eyes and cracked her knuckles quickly, out of habit. Dadj had been making her annoyed and she had been two seconds away from drawing her dagger. Her hand rested on its hilt. She eyed him with distaste and shook her head. Raine was glad he was leaving, definitely. And hopefully he would leave in the next ten seconds, so that he'd be gone before she lost her temper.

"I have an endless amount of time, and you're not worth any of it." He was in the saddle now and turning to find his way back to the road. "You two can go make nice and drown in your own downpour." He gave one last look to Celestina over his shoulder and spurred his horse on.
Raine growled, took a knife out of her shoe, and threw it with precision toward Dadj. "stupid brute," she whispered to herself, turned back around, and tossed a ball of water up in the air. It caught raindrops, became bigger, then fell into her hand again. "So, will you think about what I said, Celestina?" she asked. The ball of water burst as she squeezed it and sighed. "I really hope you do."

((Ominous and Sitta: Go for it! :D We'd love to have you! Raine, Dadj: sorry for the delayed response. Was sick D: )

Celestina froze as Dadj spoke, and her eyes went downcast. His words hurt more than he probably would have figured. The rain suddenly poured down harder, beating down upon trees and bodies alike so hard that it might actually be a bit painful.

The girl didn't even notice, honestly. She fell to her knees, staring down at the ground. Puddles were growing quickly everywhere, it was all too possible for a flood to even start. "Drown..." she whispered, "Not...worth.." It was raining so hard, the tears on her face might not be distinguishable. "Drown...drown..." She slammed her hands onto the ground, like a child throwing a tantrum. "DROWN!!!" The puddles of water started to grow together, lifting and starting to form a wave.

Not good.
"Celestina!" Raine vowed to slit Dadj's throat someday as she did her best to fight off the wave. Her whole body shook and she held her hands out in front of her, using all the energy she could, but it was no use. The wave started to move towards them. Raine ran to Celestina's side. "Shh, it's okay. He's gone...calm down, you're going to kill everyone. Celestina, stop the wave. I can't do it alone. Please, Celestina!!" Raine shook her shoulder and stood up, again holding the wave at bay with a shield of raw energy this time. This couldn't go on for very long. She shouted, "Celestina, stop this wave NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as she battled it with energy.

Dadj was lucky that Raine was there. When Raine shook her and shouted, she blinked and looked up, realizing what was happening. She motioned with her hand and the wave instantly splashed to the ground with minimal damage done. The rain even let up, now only a slight misting. Now, it would be easy to see that she was crying. "I was trying to drown..." she whispered.
Raine ran to Celestina again and knelt down. "It's okay...I understand..." she whispered. "Don't cry..." Where was that idiot Dadj? Raine seriously wanted to slowly throttle him to death right then. But first, she needed to make sure Celestina was alright. "Why did you want to drown?" she murmured gently.
(Oh, and sorry you were sick..are you feeling better?)

((Yeah I'm feeling much better now. Do you want to wait a little for Dadj to be able to respond to everything happening? xD))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus