Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Celestina (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Celestina looked at Ominous and nodded a little bit. "Well...it's nice to meet you. Both of you." She listened to the wolf's explanation, wincing when she went so far in insulting him. "Th-that's not true! S-she's probably just....watching...to see if he can... take care of himself..." Ominous had struck something there, for the girl quickly became morose and silent. Clouds started moving in once more, covering the sun from the sky.

When Sitta addressed her (for she had quickly become used to hearing him call her 'human'), she looked up at him. His last words stung and her gaze was quickly averted. "F..forgive me. I didn't mean...to pry." She had asked an innocent question; she didn't understand why he wouldn't answer.
Raine had silently slipped from the tree and nest to Celestina, watching the whole ordeal with a mixture of awe and amusement. "Wow. She can control the darkness, too???" she whispered. Okay, that elf had totally deserved it. But now he had fairy wings? Okay, that's just...hilarious. I'm going to call him Binky-boy, just for the fun of it, she thought to herself. Suddenly from her hand shot a jet of water at Sitta's face. It hit him square in the nose, and she giggled. "B-Binky b-boy," she said, suppressing extreme bouts of laughter.
Sitta (played by SeraphicStar)

"I am a firm believer that even worms must enjoy themselves." Said the elf. By this time he was already burning inside. Not that anyone would know - his lack of reaction was arguably even funnier than if he had gotten angry. "That need is one of the many things that make them... worms."

That insult wouldn't go without punishment, however.

"But when a worm, in its ridiculous ignorance, dares insult a Sibling..."

The sword was - yet again - unsheathed. It was pointed at the woman who had insulted him so, as it had been pointed before, at Celestina.

"There are consequences."

Celestina felt more like a worm the more he called her it. She gasped when Raine attacked Sitta with the water, in the sole purpose of making him look silly. "S-stop!" She was on her feet in a moment, standing between Raine and the saber with her arms spread wide. "D-don't! Please..." Her arm and leg still hurt from being burned, but Raine had been so nice to her from the beginning. "Please stand down..." She didn't want to hurt him, but if she had to, she would protect Raine. The girl may have been SO stupid to attack him like that, but she had still been nice to Celestina. She looked over her shoulder to Raine. "Please don't insult him...it's not nice..."
Unknown user

Demon grunted at the elf's response and watched as his rapier was raised again, this time as a threat. "Alright, thats enough." Fiend growled and shoved herself between Sitta and Celestina, forcing them to take a few steps back from each other. "Im awfully bored with all this pointless conflict. You, butterfly boy, get packin' and leave." Not like he'd listen to the six-foot wolf, but she accented the words with a low growl and a menacing flash from her yellow eyes. If he didnt move, she would step towards him with malicious intent. His 'sword' would do little damage against a shadow beast, lips curled to reveal savage fangs as a threat. "Go. Now." Omi would bark and flare out her wings, to conceal the sight of Celestina and Raine from the man's visage.

The elf was not stupid, he noticed very well the change in Celestina's behavior. While before she was yelling, now she was asking, begging almost, for the other person's life. Celestina seemed to know that the other person's actions were unacceptable. And that was enough for him to leave both alone.

However, before he could do that, the wolf had yet again showed her true colors, those of a fiend, thirsting for conflict. How barbaric, even moreso than Raine's feeble attempt at humiliation.

He didn't even blink before the display of aggressiveness, impressive as it had been.

"You just cannot wait, can you, fiend. Because I don't cower in fear before you, you feel enraged. Because I do not obey your petty orders, you wish to destroy me. You are welcome to try."

Such a lawless world. But weren't they all?

She sighed out in relief when he seemed to leave Raine alone, but then she was pushed back by the wolf! "O-Ominous, please! Th-there's no need for any...fighting...H-he's not doing anything..." She was curious by this 'butterfly boy', honestly. And he hadn't actually hurt any of them, so she didn't think there was reason for him to have to leave. "H-he hasn't done anything wrong...He never hurt us." Sure he pulled his sword out a couple times, but he'd never attacked them yet. "We...we don't need to fight..."
Unknown user

ill post tomorrow xD - OOC
Geez. Tough crowd. Raine sighed and yawned. "Whatever. Sorry. Just trying to take the edge off your boredom here. I did mean to offend...just not Celestina. I'll stop!!" she said, with the looks the others gave her. Nyeh. Raine sat back on her haunches and played with a bit of water as she patiently waited for something to happen.
Unknown user

Sorry x_x got busy - OOC

The demon leered at the elf, and with Celestina's pleads, she refolded her wings reluctantly. Shadow Hound took a breath and let out a blast of hot, foul smelling carbon dioxide into Sitta's face. Clearly, the fiend was attempting to calm herself, and kind of failing. When she finally spoke, her tone was curt, "I would never waste my time killing an arrogant fool like you." Yellow eyes glowed with contempt, but she made no move to attack. Without another word, the beast's body began to fade, drifting away into whisps of smoke. The last thing to be left were her eyes, which glared at the elf before blinking and disappearing.

Celestina sighed in relief as Raine apologized and Ominous backed down. "Thank you..." she said to both. As Ominous disappeared she stared in surprise, but simply let it be. Well, things would hopefully stay peaceful now. "Ah...I'm sorry I caused trouble to you all.." A light mist started falling from the clouds, influenced by Celestina's dreary mood. At least it wasn't completely raining.

"Fiends.", the elf merely stated. And he didn't speak again.

He was sure Ominous would return, sooner or later. To sneak up on him and attack him from behind. That was how any mindless monster acted. Should the time come, he would be ready. But he had other matters at hand at the time. The strange, unpredictable weather seemed to have something to do with Celestina.

The Carnation returned to its home, hopefully for good.

Celestina breathed another sigh of relief when Sitta returned his sword to its rightful place. "W...would any of you be hungry?" She glanced towards the nearby cave. "I...I have some food supplies..." She watched the group with curiousity. She was waiting for each of them to walk away, one by one, over the next few minutes. It seemed the group was already dispersing, after all. But somewhere, deep inside her heart...she wished they would stay.
Raine wasn't planning to go anytime soon. Not when she had found something interesting to do in this new world, and someone interesting to talk to. A fellow water being. She smiled. Celestina was like her without Lynn.

"Yeah, a bit!" Raine giggled and stood up, stretching. She wondered what kind of food Celestina's...kind...ate.

Sitta looked at Celestina. Nothing about him made his great displeasure noticeable, but he was quite offended. To offer him something? To offer him food?!? He was no dog, begging for scraps! He was a Platinum Sibling! Besides, they were offering him food, the greatest of offenses - they were both looking down at him and inviting him to break one of the Four. Sure, eating before another person was a minor taboo, but still.

"I do not need your charity." He replied icily.

He would have said more, much more. But at the last moment, he decided to excuse the girl. She was merely ignorant. He was, after all, in another world... or so it seemed.

Celestina smiled in relief at Raine's kindness, though Sitta's cold decline made her flinch. "A-alright." She didn't know that she'd offended him greatly with her simple offer. In her mind, it was what a hostess was supposed to do. Or it was an act someone did in thanks for being helped. "W-well if you would like to come in...you can.." She doubted Sitta would join them. So she simply gave a slight bow, and then started towards the cave with Raine.

Further inside the cave, where it was warm and dry, there were various pieces of furniture, none of it matching, and a fire pit in the center. That part of the expanse of cave was decorated sparsely as a home. She actually lived there. "I don't have much..." she said quietly, going over to one of the crates along the wall. "Fruits and vegetables, some salted pork, crackers..." She had gotten it all from main uses of thievery, really. Getting whatever she could, however she was able to.

A few days passed and all the strange beings that had come to Imbrium and met Celestina were getting ready to move on. Their aim was for a new land, or perhaps their homeland. The rain had stopped, the townspeople were overjoyed.

But a new darkness loomed on the horizon.

A literal darkness, heralded by birds filled with black, like the one that had attacked Celestina the few days ago. A foreboding feeling oppressed every heart, the feeling of something very sinister on the way. Soon it started. The rain. the black rain that burned everyone it fell upon. Buildings held, for now, but soon the acid rain would eat through the wood if the situation was not remedied.

Imbrium was in danger again, and this time even the heroes were in need of help.

(Trying to bring this RP back to life here. Good idea, yes, no? xD)
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj had left days ago. He did not turn around and he definitely did not return the horse he "borrowed". He had been riding in whatever direction the beast felt like wandering for the Ranger just didn't care. The people he had met who had surrounded the rain woman had given him a headache not unlike the one the rain had triggered. However, the rain had stopped and the dull ache in his head was still throbbing. He looked into the sky and watched a few birds gather.

The sun beat into his vision but he squinted in order to continue watching this avian gathering. He thought nothing of it at first and his head lolled back into a neutral position. His eyes fell to the ground where the shadows of the bird gathered together. Soon there was a cloud of shade hovering above the man which piqued his interest. His head snapped up to look at the sky; the birds had blotted out the sunlight and were making strange formations, darting this way and that in unnatural manors. Then, something hit Dadj's face. He could feel that it had been liquid by the way is splattered and slip down his face...

But then it burnt. He only vaguely registered the sensation but he could see the wisp of smoke curl away from his burnt cheek. The line made by the droplet slowly closed but now more drops were felt all over his body and the horse's withers bunched and shivered each time it was struck. The acidic rain made the beast uncomfortable and soon it was frightened as the down pour hardened. The mare took off for the cover of the trees blatantly ignoring the Ranger's commands to stop. The horse was too spooked and she was heading in the direction they had already come from.

Anyone who would see him would think he was the harbinger of such a catastrophic happening. A being in clothes so white, walking so slowly, so calmly, with such an uninterested look on his face, ahead of the thick darkness - one could assume no other thing. He was an angel, but an angel of misery.

...and they hadn't seen his wings, yet.

By the time Sitta had first seen the looming darkness - and the birds - he was far away from where he had met all those strange people. Very far away. Mindlessly wandering, not really caring, perhaps just waiting to be randomly warped into another place, in another time, perhaps in another dimension. But when he saw that darkness, he immediately realized it would be a bad idea to continue walking that way, so he made his way back to the town where all had started for both Dadj and Raine. Not that he knew that those two annoying things had ever been there.

Needless to say, the populace did not find the arrival of the 'angel of misery' who had 'brought the shadows with him' too appealing. Not knowing of their thoughts about him, and honestly caring even less, he made his way to a certain tavern, here he walked to a certain barkeep and said, with a icy tone, and with the eyes of everyone in the room laid upon him:

"Tell me where to find the one who brings about the rain."

The bartender stayed firm despite the man's cold atmosphere. "She lives upstairs in the inn. The last door on the left." he said simply.

After the others had left, Celestina had made peace with the villagers and moved in with them, to help bring rain if there was ever occasion that it would be needed. "She's locked herself in; good luck getting her out." he said. The others in the tavern stayed as far from Sitta as they could, giving him a clear path to the stairs. They wanted nothing to do with the man and they weren't close enough to Celestina to feel the need to protect her. They just wanted out of it completely.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Imbrium

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus