Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » H-hello, big scary group of people

Hi, I'm quite new to rps, but have always wanted to try them out. So, expect a good amount of noob-headed floundering. I'm usually so scared of messing up that I never try things, so I'm trying really hard this year to actually do stuff outside my comfort zone even if it means I may make terrible mistakes. I'm just so tired of waiting for the 'right' time or the perfect circumstances. ugh.

Anyway, I'm a long-time reader of fantasy and sci-fi novels, novice artist, wannabe writer, and watcher of insane amounts of tv. Mostly in the aforementioned sf/f categories, also action/adventure I guess. I have no idea how to talk to people, have a hard time maintaining relationships, and really wish humans weren't so confusing. :/ What else... oh look, a list of questions!

I don't have any pets, am not in school (though my favourite subject was always engilsh). I'm a cold-foods preparation girl by occupation, with some baking on the side. My hopes and dreams mostly revolve around improving my art and writing, though it would also be nice to have those mystical 'friend' things everyone's always talking about.

So, there am I. Anyone willing to help me find my way around roleplaying? I know how it works, have read the articles and all, just need experience/guidance through actually doing it.
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hello there! Welcome to the RPR!

You know, I'd love to RP with ya! Just pop into my inbox and we can set something up.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR then! Don't worry, newbies are very welcome here. :) We have a lot of members who struggle with socializing and putting themselves out there, so I hope it won't be too long before you feel comfortable and settled in!

I'm not sure which articles you've read through so forgive me if you already know of it, but we have an excellent guide for new roleplayers that you're more than welcome to read through. :D It's very helpful!

I totally get the confusion on how to talk to people. My only advice is to be open and honest about how you perceive things and how you feel! It becomes much easier for people to talk to you when they know what's up, and the reverse is true as well of course. :) If you ever run into a problematic situation here, this guide might be useful to help you through it. You're always welcome to ask a member or moderator for advice too though.

I also recommend creating a topic in the Looking for RP forum to find roleplays. If you let people know you're new and want to learn, there are usually several people who will reach out to teach you. :) Best of luck!!
Much of what Sanne said about this place being super friendly to newbies! The atmosphere here is very relaxed and accepting, so please don't be afraid to strike up conversation and just have as much of a decent time as you can here. :'D So many people here have been super helpful and nice, and I've come to call this place like an internet home of sorts. Maybe you can come to that point as well! ^ o ^ /

Go ahead and have a look around at some of the open RPs, or heck, even write up a Looking for RP thread yourself and see who would be interested in interacting! This place is great for finding a lot of people with similar interests, and for meeting those that would be more than happy to join you in developing characters and plot lines. :'D

Also, you said you're improving your art, or making the attempt to do so? I'm also an artist, and we actually have some friendly and neat artists that are around as well. ^ o ^ I'm sure they would love to see your art, I know I'm interested! C:
Welcome, and you really have picked a great community to get started in. :) Generally plenty folks are happy to answer any specific questions you might have, and we've all been new at some point! Basically, ditto on what others have already said. ^_^
Hello there! Welcome to RP Repository! I promise we may look scary but we don't bite! If you have any questions com and ask us! :D You seem awesome hope we RP together sometime soon!
Heya!, Welcome to the RPR. Arguably the most friendly and accepting place in the universe.

I've got a few sci fi characters so feel free to PM me if you have any ideas! :)
Yo, welcome to the site! It takes a lot of courage to try things so I salute you for that. As the others have said, don't worry about being new to roleplay. After all, I joined here without much confidence too but I got to improve a lot after several tries I've had in here. Plus, RPs here are fun and stimulating that I doubt you won't have a great time. :)

I don't read very much but I wish to change that. With regards to drawing, I'd love to see a couple of works of yours too! Also, I'm sure that you'll come to open up to us more someday. I personally don't deal very well with people, but I like growing here in such a warm environment as it taught me how to interact with other people. I hope we develop for the best!

A lot of us are willing to lend a helping hand so feel free to ask any questions you might have. Feel free to chat or roleplay! And do come by often. :D
Oh my Gaia, a kindred soul! //shot Welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, but please call me Light! It's sweet to meet you!

I assure you, like everyone else has already stated, everyone here is friendly as can be! And even though I'm as lost on the concept of "friends" as you are, you can always hit me up for questions or rp, or anyone else! Promise we won't bite.

I really hope you enjoy it here!
Kim Site Admin

Many welcomes to the site, and congrats on being brave enough to step out of your comfort zone. Mistakes are how people learn and improve, and it turns out that most mistakes aren't really as disastrous or embarrassing as people fear. :) It looks like you're already well on your way to finding what you're looking for here! :)
Asroc

Yo! Welcome to RRPR! Hope we can RP or be friends!
Hello and welcome to rpr. Im link and if you want to rp pm me. Rpr is one of the most comforting and welcoming places I've ever been at. This is a great place and i hope its is a wonderful experience for you.
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites of the internet! You have chosen well to join us here: there are many people who share your interests. I bet you will make many friends in no time!
Hi, and welcome to RPR! Don't worry about messing up or us being scary! Everyone here is waaay to kind for that!
HibariHaru

Hello there, newbie. Welcome! And don't yah worry. We are all friendly here, so we won't bite.
kyou_gif_2.gif
Welcome to RPR! As you can see everyone here is super friendly! I'm sure you'll have RP buddies in no time! You say you like to draw, do you have a DA? I love looking at artwork ^_^

You are on: Forums » Introductions » H-hello, big scary group of people

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus