Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cullhand's Tavern(OPEN!)

Shita Simuo (played by Luulu)

(This is a roleplay that begins in a Tavern. The story may end in the Tavern, it may not even be in the tavern for very long. This is just a starting point to see what could happen. Hoping for fast paced, several posts a day, kinda roleplay with this one.)

The tavern was not a very well-kept one. The roof was tattered to allow small leaks in places during a hard rain, and the door wasn't quite closed entirely. Tavern noises scattered into the outside world through this half-shut door, and the sign overhead hadn't been fixed in years. At one point, perhaps, it had been a lovely sign. Roses decorated it, once rich in colours now faded and peeling. The name was still there though, "Cullhand's Tavern" In bright green lettering. The name had been preserved.

A rich, yellow glow flowed out of the door, and the place seemed at least interesting enough for Shita to decide this was a good place to stay the night. Granted, the fact that she didn't want to stay out in the forest during a heavy rain probably had something to do with her decision also.

The seventeen year old girl took a deep breath and pushed her pale hand against the door. It opened with a singular loud creek sound. The entire Tavern stopped, glanced at her, then continued on their way. She released her breath and entered.

Once inside, the teenager realized why such a tattered tavern had so many people in it. The inside was much more well kept. What caught her eye instantly was a thick, lush couch right in front of a roaring fire place. Beside the fire place was a tall bookshelf filled from top to bottom with literature. A sign was attached "Take a book, leave a book. Share your knowledge with the world."

She smiled and sank into the couch's cushion. It was warm. She could feel the fire's warmth helping the rain water to evaporate from her bright red hair. The girl wore a green traveling tunic, and glad bottles clanked at her side. Aside from some odd contents inside of the glass bottles, and a small nap-sac over her shoulder, the girl carried nothing else. No weapons of any kind, not even a dagger.
A little bit later, when the rain got even worse, A man came into the tavern. The place did the same thing, they all stopped then resume what they were doing. The rain was heavy, and he was soaked. He walked over to the fireplace, taking off the heavy black cloak, he walked in front of the fire, and warmed his hands. having the cloak over his arm. He wore a dark blue vest and under that was a steel chain mail T-shirt. He were a dark blue and black plaid kilt, steel arm and shin guards, leather shoulder pads as well. He had dark, short brown hair, and darker brown eyes, almost black.

For weapons he had a large claymore on his back, black handle with a a steel ball on the end. He didn't say a word, look at anyone, or made any gesture at all, besides getting warm. After a bit he rubbed his arms to make the blood run though his arms again then he turned and walked to the counter and for the first time spoke. "Mead." Was all he said. He dropped a few coins on the counter when the mug was brought to him. He sat down on a stool and started to drink.
Shita Simuo (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

During the time that had passed a bar maid had wandered over to Shita and taken her order. Now a bellowing voice from behind the bar demanded "Order's up little lady! And the food doesn't come to you, so come get it or starve." The girl glanced around at the multiple bar maids wandering around the tavern delivering drinks of all shapes and sizes, but sure enough not a single one had food in their hands. The smell of ham, bacon, and toast wafted towards her nose and Shita eagerly stood up and made her way to the bar.

"Excuse me," She said to the name with the claymore as she clambered onto a bar stool near his and brought the plate of food closer to her. It looks as wonderful as it smelled. She began to eat, first placing the perfectly roasted slice of ham onto her toast then nibbling on a corner of it. The taste outweighed both the smell and the sight of this delicious food.
"Not a problem." he said quietly. He took another gulp of his mead and eyed her food. His stomach growled a low, small sound. He blushed a little bit, but didn't react and took another gulp.

While digging into her food, Shita found her attention distracted by the man beside her. Was he wearing a skirt? She had known make magic users to wear similar items, perhaps he knew something about elemental magic? As she was paying so much attention to him and his skirt, she noticed the slight sound coming from his stomach. This gave her an idea -

"Yefwont shum?" It is amazing how literate one can be with a mouth full of food.

Shita swallowed.

"I mean, do you want some?" She jingled one of the glass bottles at her side, about six gold coins, ten silver coins, and twenty coppers clanked together noisily.
"I'll need to be making money soon, but I do have a little left from my last job. Ya can pay for it by giving me some information."
He turned his head slowly, looking at her. "Huh, no thank you. I don't take money from people I just meat. Bad habit, can get into a lot of trouble that way." He said, he himself had five copper pieces left, but he'll make do. He turned his head back and took another sip. "Thank you though..." He said quietly, then took another sip

"It isn't like it would be for free, but suit yourself!" Slightly dissapointed, Shita returned to her meal. Every once in a while a few strands of auburn hair would flutter into her face, and she would push them away in annoyance.
He kept quiet for a while. "Then deciding to break the silence "What-What's your name Miss?" He spoke in a low voice, just louder a whisper.

"You don't want my money, but you do want my name?" She asked skeptically. Then, as most of her food had disappeared into her stomach anyway, the girl leaned forward to the stool to rest both elbows on the bar. "Name's Shita. What's yours?"
"Ijust wanted to know the name of the person whose willing to buy a meal for a stranger is all...Artair...Artair Tytler. It's a pleasure to meet you Miss. Shita." He said.

She blinked at him. "Is that really so unusual? People have given me food all the time in the past." She was genuinely surprised. This man was curious, and maybe she really could get information out of him after all.
He shrugged. "You're a small young woman, and me? I'm a big man whose capable of physical labor." He took a another sip. "Not saying you're weak or anything, people just naturally want to help needful women more then a man." Another gulp, almost done...

Shita laughed. "Yeah I suppose you're right." The waitress came to pick up her place, and she handed her some of her coins from the bottle. The girl looked at her remaining funds with a sigh. "Well I suppose it is a good thing I'm a tad bit stronger than my size tells people. I'll be needing to make some money soon."
He gave a nod. Then finished his mug. "Well thats that." He said placing it on the counter. "Guess it's back to the rain again..." He said standing up and started to put on his cloak again

"Whyareyouwearingaskirtdoyouknowmagic?!" She yammered, all of her words meshing together to create an almost impossible to understand sentence. "You didn't accept my payment, but I still need information from you! You have to be a magic user!"
He stopped, blushing a bit. Then turned and looked everyone in the tavern,then back to her. "It's..It's not a shirt Miss.Shita. It's a kilt, and everyone wears one from where I lived. I don't and can't use magic. Never been able to. Please don't call it a skirt."

She didn't believe him. "Your lieing!" A hang passed over one of her glass bottles, the one with timber and leaves in it. The cork came out, and bits of the timber lit on fire. Raising her hand, she brought the flames out as well. Standing before him now, a small ball of fire in her palm, Shita demanded again.

"You have to be a magic user, you have to! If I have to prove I'm powerful to get you to admit it, I will."
He backed up "If I was a magic user, would I be carrying a claymore? Why not something smaller? And just because I wear a kilt does not make me a magic user." He put his left hand on button where his cloak was contacted ready to drop it and take out his sword. "Don't make me fight you..."

She never had the chance to properly react to his sword. Strong hands gripped the back of her neck, scaring her into dropping the flame. It flickered into death against the cold stone floor and Shita was forced out of the tavern. If he allowed it, Artair would also be forced out by a second bouncer. They would both be thrown from the Tavern's door with shouts of
"NO FIGHTING IN THE TAVERN!" With a strong slam in their faces. If he did not allow it, only Shita would find herself in the rain.
"What the hell is your problem?!" this being the first time he showed any emotion "I'm not any kind of magic user! Get that though your thick skull!"

(I'mgoing home so I won't be able to reply for at least an hour)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cullhand's Tavern(OPEN!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus