Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cullhand's Tavern(OPEN!)

"Battle fields? Not lately, although I have had the odd fight here and there. Bandits, highway men, and drunks. But I haven't been in a battle in a long time." He said finishing the fish" He took a few sticks, stuck them though the fish slices and stuck the other ends of the sticks into the ground, allowing the fish ends to be in the fire without them holding them.
Arka the Demonheart (played by Jello_Monsta)

"Know what?" Arka asked, folding his arms across his chest as he watched the fish cook. He loved fish. "What has you so interested in battlefields?" he asked, curious.
Shita Simuo (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

Shita brought her knees up to her chest while they waited for the fish to cook. "Well, to be honest I'm looking for someone. He's a soldier, so, whenever I find a battlefield I make sure to look to see if I can find his body. I haven't heard from him in years."
Artair lifted his gaze from the fire. "Huh, hate to burst your bubble, but how you know he ain't dead already? I mean, soldiers die everyday...plus, what does he look like? and who is he?"

Arka frowned some, "Sorry I can be of no use to you. I hope you find who you are looking for." he said, his concern genuine. "To be honest, the war that is going on right now is stupid. Which is why I am not involved." he said, though it wasn't all true. He had done some things for the right price.

She gave Artair a long, pointed look before responding. "That's why I check the battlefields and not the camps." She stating bluntly, her voice slightly unstable. "But he isn't dead.." Her hand reached for the container around her neck. "I'd know."

To Arka she nodded, taking in his information, then decided to answer Artair's question. Instead of speaking again, she placed a hand over the earth beside her. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, ever so slowly, the dirt right underneath her palm began to quake softly. As if turned to mudd or clay it began to mold itself. At first she appeared to be fighting with an invisible current, or miming trying to pick up something heavy. Or, perhaps, the air itself was resisting her. Then the mud began to move, began to sculpt itself into the shape of a young man.

He was handsome, with chin length hair and laughter in his eyes. Though the mudd didn't change in colour, clothing did sculpt onto a previously naked body. He wore a vest, sandals, and khaki-style shorts. A bracelet of some sort was around his wrist, with tiny bottles that seemed to match the larger ones at Liza's side. If they were to look closer they would see there were actually items in the bottles as well.

"This is what he looks like. He's my brother, I guess."

Arka glanced at the clay sculpture, not recognizing him at all, which was probably a good thing because most people he ran into ended up dead. "Do you have any clues at all to where he is?" Arka asked, looking up to Shita now.
"You guess?" Was all Artair added. He like to understand every detail before doing something. Then looked at Arka, then back to the girl. "answer him first I guess..."

"It doesn't really matter if I find him or not. What matters is that I don't find his body. If he really wanted to be found, he'd have come to me by now." She shrugged. "He is all I remember of childhood, and always called me little sister. So yes, I guess." She paused, then, "What about the two of you? Why do you travel, what are your families like?"

Arka frowned some when she asked them about themselves. He really wasn't the sharing type. "Like I said earlier, I just wander from here and there. No home, no family. Just me and my devilishly good looks." he smirked.
"Two parents,two younger brothers...and no reason why. I was bored, so I took a long travel job, once it was done, I hung around, taking the odd job here and there...thats it." said like it was nothing. "Fishes are done." He took the sticks out of the ground and started to hand them out

The fish was wonderful, as fresh food normally tends to be, and Shita did not speak while she ate. Each morsel of meat tasted lovely, and when she was finished the girl placed her now empty stick back into the fire. "I don't have a home anymore, but I do have a house. I'd like to go back to it someday." She focused on Artair. "I don't understand why you don't go home if your job is done."
"It's not my home anymore. It's my parents home, I guess I left, maybe one day I'll find my own home." Artair said in between mouthfuls

Arka sat back and watched the two, eating his fish quietly. He had never had a home, at least for as long as he could remember. He frowned some as he tried to think back to a time when he ever did have a home, but came up blank. He glanced at Artair and then at Shita, he wondered what it was like to have a family and a home.

She frowned softly, confused at these two men. The girl continue playing with her stick in the fire. "So here we are..in the middle of the day, eating fish in a forest. The nearest tavern wont let us in anymore, so I guess the only possibility is to head for the next town over. Maybe spend today gathering supplies here in the forest and what not."

Shita seemed to be forgetting that it was only she and Artair who were banned from the tavern, but the girl had a habit of lumping anyone she met into the 'companion' category. The approach had worked pretty well for her in the past at any rate.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cullhand's Tavern(OPEN!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus