Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cullhand's Tavern(OPEN!)

Arka the Demonheart (played by Jello_Monsta)

Arka blinked, watching the two. The way they changed topics so fast, made it a little hard for him to concentrate. He sighed, "It's a kilt. How is that a sign of magic?" he asked, blinking at her. "The only blubbering idiots that wear skirts is that cult. They don't know real magic, they just use fancy hat tricks. Majority of them anyways. There are a few skilled ones." he said, rubbing his chin.
Shita Simuo (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

"Well usually it's a full cloak," She admitted, "But it looks close enough." She smirked "And the one I knew was more likely to create a cult than be in one. He was powerful too, no pathetic see through tricks for him."
He rose a brow at Shita "You called it a skirt!" He said interrupting them. "It's not a skirt, a robe, a dress, or anything thats a girly or magic user thing. It's a kilt! I'm a highlander, we wear kilts!" He said leaning forward and opening his eyes up

Arka blinked his glowing red eyes lazily, "Well, that's all fine and dandy, but last I heard they're corrupt." he said, folding his hands behind his head again.

"Well I've never been around highlanders before! If you didn't know magic users wore skirts how do you expect me to know what a kilt is?" To Arka she said, "I never said he wasn't corrupt. Only that he isn't a fraud." The twigs were not safely in their glass bottle, and Shita began looking around for timber for a camp fire. "Any idea if there is a river nearby? Fish would be tastier than mushrooms, and easier to catch than bear or boar."
"I told you what it was..." He mumbled and growled.

"A river? There is one about half a mile from here, that way." he pointed behind him. The girl was right, many highlanders didn't venture this far out, so it was rare to see one.
Artair stood up. "Come on Miss.Shita" he said, stretching. He took a glance at their new friend and wondered who he was. Artair shook his head and leaned against the tree, waiting for Shita to come back

"Well lets go, lets go, Mister new comer you pick up that timber I gathered please? It'll be easier just to make the fire by the river and I don't trust Mister Kilt to carry it." She announced, before following Arka's directions and heading towards the river.
He growled at her, as she walked past. "Don't worry I'll get it.." He said, he walked over, got on one knee and picked up all the timber. "Lets go..." He said, slowly walking behind. "Sorry, if you have other things to do you don't have to come with us. She can be a bit...Well you'll see if you stay with us long enough.."

Arka smiled, he was not about to carry timber. It would get his hands dirty, and he might break a sweat. He chuckled when Artair spoke, "The girl knows what she wants, you have to give her that." he said, following behind them. He wasn't sure why he followed, but the company was nice, and they both intrigued him.
"Yeah...to lite someone on fire..."He looked at the man "So tell me about yourself..."

Arka shrugged, "Not much to tell." he said, folding his hands behind his head again. He was intrigued by them sure, but that didn't mean he trusted them quite yet.
He shrugged. "Ok." He turned his head back to the girl and watched her. But he kept thinking of the guy. Who was he and what was he doing out here?

"I can hear you!" She demanded from up front, not bothering to turn around and glare at them. "How much further did you say this river was?" She was slightly disgruntled. Once again she had found herself in the company of two men. Always two, why was that? She sighed. Well they did both seem to be well traveled so maybe...

"And we can still hear you just fine without yelling!" Arka replied back, grinning a bit. "It's up aways, I just crossed it." he said, sighing slightly. "We haven't even walked fifty feet yet."
"And the reason why you heard us is because we wanted you to!" Artair called up. Guess this guy wasn't too bad. He started laughing

The sound of smoothly running water graced the girl's ears, and the broke into a trot, then gasped to a stop. They had reached that time of day where morning was slowly turning into afternoon, and the sun had hit the sky just right. Even through the tree's bits of light shone through and danced on the water's surface. On the sides of the river grew lush green moss, and the banks themselves had slabs poking out of it where one could sit, and ramps on other parts where one might fall if they took the wrong step.

The side Shita was on was a little too high to get to the water easily, but the other side was the perfect height. Unfortunately the width of the river was a little far for her small frame. She looked around, past mushrooms and rocks and twigs until she found just what she was looking for. Underneath a tree nearby was a bundle of sticks. The first one broke in her hand, but the second one she chose was perfect. Just a little taller than she, young enough to withstand her weight without breaking and old enough not to give way and bend. Shita smiled, glanced back towards her companions, then took the river at a running jump.

the stick slammed into the mudd of the river, scaring a few tad-poles and disrupting the water. Her weight bore down halfway through, and with the stick's leverage the young woman managed to land healthily on the other side. "Perfect score!" Or so she thought.

Shita took a step backwards to keep her balance, and the earth gave away. The heel of her left shoe fell into the river with a splash, and the girl shook her leg with a groan. "Awww man! That'll take over an hour to dry!"
At first Artair's mouth was open wide but when her leg fell in, he calmly closed his mouth walked up to the side of the river, gently placed the wood on the ground, then looked her. His mouth turned into a smile and then he started to laugh. "I'm sorry but that was too much..." He laughed more slapping his knee

Arka was also chuckling a bit, "That was certainly an interesting way to cross the river..." he covered his mouth to hide the grin. He imagined she would become upset because they were chuckling at her. He took a few steps back and then ran and jumped across. It was almost inhuman the way he glided across and landed perfectly.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cullhand's Tavern(OPEN!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus