Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello - is it me you're looking for?

Heya! I'm Tapporauta but you can call me Allu.
24 years old and not really sure about gender. Any pronouns would be fine, I guess, so don't worry.
Since I'm quite easy-going and far away from having it figured out, you won't offend me.
It's really not relevant, because I'm here to do roleplays and for that reason I'll mostly be not me but my character instead anyways. Of course this doesn't mean that I don't want to make any new friends, but some of my characters really are begging me to focus more on them. I will be building nice websites for them, since I heard you can do this on this website. Also I am interested mostly in group roleplays for which I have several settings in my mind. I don't know if it's the right place for me though, since I rather not want my group rps being accessible for everyone just wanting to read. So are there any hidden forums here where you can play "secretly" just with the members you found for your group-rp? I guess I have to take some more time for looking around here.
I have been roleplaying for almost ten years now, mostly with friends and pen pals. Generally I'm always up for slice of life themed roleplays with any kind of special features which prevents them from getting boring. Like supernatural beings in modern age in a city or other kinds of fantasy-related stuff mixed with real life. I'm also always up for dark things. I like horror stuff, psycho stuff, and so on... but I'm really not limited to anything.
If someone can relate to my user name, then they can shoot me a pm if they want - I would most likely want to get to know them in this case! I like reading as much as I like writing and I love to play in a detailed, literate way. It doesn't always have to be about length, so length can be flexible, but I just need roleplays where everybody puts effort in, not something you would be doing while doing other things. I'm becoming a fan of characters and pairings way too soon and if a rp catches me that is probably the best thing - because otherwise I just can't feel it.
Okay, sorry for this rambling speech, I really appreciate it if you read it.
Have fun, stay safe, be nice to each other and everything, I'd love to hear from you.
over and out ;)
I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your smile~ I'm sorry, I had to. Welcome to RPR! I'm Light, and it's sweet to meet you!

Yeah, there's definitely such a thing as private groups here for members only that only members can see! You just have to set it as such when you make a group in your Group Settings.

Other than that, do you have any other questions for us? I'm sure someone else other than me can answer, but I can help in anyway possible. I hope you enjoy it here!
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites on the internet! Thank you so much for sharing so much about yourself :3 You have come to the right place, considering all that you have described. You seem like a really cool person, so I bet you will find so many people to RP with here :3

Fantasy is a big thing here!

You stay safe yourself buddeh!
Tapporauta Topic Starter

Thank you both for replying! I didn't think it'd be interesting reading stuff about me, haha!
But really really thanks for the information about this group thingy. I am currently working on a group to test out all the features like learning-by-doing. But I guess once I figured that out, then I might put all the information on it.
The only thing I don't know is how members would get interested in my group - or how it would even show up there. Of course it depends on personal preferences and my ideas if anyone is interested and stuff... but how do I even get noticed, when I have finished?
I am really happy now to know that people on this site are friendly. This means very much to me! Also I have to thank this person who inserted the cool gender choices - and the option not to choose gender at all! That's really neat!
So far I am enjoying this very much. There are so many cool options to choose from when designing that group page. Though it would be even more rad if there were such templates like in the character profiles for the groups. But that's not meant as critique - just a thought of mine.
Vixen

'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you? ~ Are we still singing???? 😯

Anyways welcome hope you enjoy yourself here and if youre up for a rp just pm 😀
Welcome! Your title made me smile. ^^

Folks are super friendly here, and if you do decide on a preferred gender, just let us know. :) I don't especially care about gender myself, and though physically female, it doesn't bother me when referred to as male or anything either. *shrugs* (Folks online have done so for years anyway! Makes me chuckle.)

A quick suggestion for improving the readability of your posts: could you do a double line break between paragraphs to more clearly separate them? ^^; Text is a bit more intimidating and tricky to follow when it's squished together, particularly on screens.
Yo and welcome to the site, Allu! I'm Rin. Now that you mentioned it, I look forward to taking a look at your characters' profiles when they're up!

Seconding with Light regarding group settings. As much as I want to help you, I don't know how to advertise groups since I haven't planned making one in spite of how long it's been. Still, if I were to discover groups, I think putting up the group's link on your account would be good for starters. :) I might join in too, if ever.

Regardless, ask all the questions you have. We'll make sure to answer them!
Kim Site Admin

Thrilled to hear you are enjoying the site so far! :)

Publicizing your group is a bit different depending on whether it's primarily an IC or OOC group, but this is a pretty good guide on how to make yourself show up when someone does a search for a group, or even for a RP: http://www.rprepository.com/help/group-publicity-options

If it's an IC group, you can also post an ad in the Looking For RP forum describing what sort of RP is to be had there and what sort of players you're looking to join.

Finally, we have a community discussion coming up this weekend about how to attract people to a RP that you might want to participate in, or at least lurk at! :) http://www.rprepository.com/community/newspost.php?post=403
Welcome to RPR! It seems like others have already explained about the private group RP thing, so just remember that you can ask us anytime if you need help!

I am sure many people would enjoy love to roleplay with you in the sometime future! ^.^
HibariHaru

Hey, Allu. Welcome to RPR and it's nice to meet you. I'm Hibari.
tumblr_n26w7sFpLV1trb01bo2_400.gif
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR, Allu! You sound like a very interesting and nice person, I hope to see more of you around the site! :D
Tapporauta Topic Starter

Heyyo thank you all so much for the warm welcome!
I have read everything and I really appreciate it.
Will keep your advices in mind and hope I can take part in that discussion!

It will be an IC group and one of my characters for it is currently in progress.
Thanks for the advice with the "Looking for RP" forum.
Thanks also for the advice on double line break.

Also it's cool to have to singing here.
We can use this thread also for singing whatever comes to you mind.
:D

Thanks again and I have to say this site is pretty rad!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Iske rauta, tapporauta,
Iskemällä sinä synnyt.
Iske rauta, musta rauta,
Kuuma tervan polttorauta!

(Welcome! :D)
Tapporauta Topic Starter

Synty Tapporauta <3
xD
Oh boy, yea, I should probably come greet you here too~
I'm pretty sure you've already got a good grasp of the site and truly people are very nice and helpful :2
1089418wbbu892df8.gif

You are the droid I was looking for, to give a hug. :) Welcome!
Hello! And it is you I am looking for XD! You seem funny :) so hopefully we RP sometime! Have a lovely~ stay here at RP Repository! :D
Tapporauta Topic Starter

Thank you all soo~ much <3

For everyone considering a roleplay with me, please check out my group:
St. Massacre Asylum

Or maybe you can help me on what may be the reason that I got no new applications since advertising?
Do you have any idea how I can improve so that people may want to take part in that?
Or is it simply the subject of the roleplay that might scare people off?

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello - is it me you're looking for?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus