Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » It all begins somewhere.(OPEN)

Mary-Sue (played by Luulu)

(WARNING. THIS ROLEPLAY MAY HAVE SOME VIOLENCE IN IT. Consider this a "16+" rating kind of thing.

(This is a role play designed to represent "The Group", which is an organization my character Mary-Sue belongs to. Normally I request that someone ask me personally if they would like to be part of TG, but for this particular role play that will not be necessary. It is open, feel free to join or to pm me for questions. I would still request that you read Mary's profile page to get a better understanding of what The Group does though.)

*Planet Earth. Year 4,000*

"Please don't k-kill me!"

"Relax, I'm not going to kill you."

"But your taking Clareese! That might as well kill me!"

"Your payments were insufficient. I did the job, you did not pay what was owed. Clareese falls under the jurisdiction of "Interesting object". In the event the contractor does not pay, I am to take one."

The pathetic bundle of soiled cloth and sweat made to protest again, but was silenced by the tip of Mary-Sue's boot slamming into his stomach. He rolled over, spat, and fell into a fit of sobs.

"Look at that. You got your mess all over my shoe." She scowled down at him, her green eyes dangerously annoyed. This had by far been the worst contract she had ever agreed to. The pathetic ball of a man had wanted her to steal "Clareese" from his ex wife and return it to him. Claresse was the tiny poof of fur and saliva that was currently tucked under one gloved arm. She was a dog, in this time period the last Pomeranian in the galaxy. The dog was worth half a million here.

"Please..."

"I am finished here. You will not contact The Group again, or your life will end."

She could smell him urinating again, and curled her lip in disgust. Her footsteps echoed in the empty, filthy building in which they had decided to meet. It didn't matter though, she only had to take five more steps.

Four....

Three....

Two.....
One.....

There was a flash, the portion of DJ around her wrist activating, and Mary-Sue's body shimmered as something might do in a desert heat. Then, suddenly, she was simply gone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Millennium "58" Galaxy "32"

Mary-Sue's sixth step landed on a kind of marble floor that gave way slightly with her weight. Living marble some called it, harvested straight from the planet's core. This particular marble was a light purple that matched the curls in her hair. Mary looked around the command center, smiling softly at what she saw. Only three or four members of The Group were in the room currently. Two were sitting in chairs, focusing on a giant screen and all but ignoring her presence. A third, an almost elderly man with a bad toupee was already marching towards her. Before he could speak, she shoved the dog into his arms.

"Pomeranian. Last of it's kind. Guy wanted me to steal it, I stole it. Then he only wanted to pay half. Also, the creep was going to put the poor thing in a rat cage. I think he was also planning on killing and stuffing it before selling. You know, to increase prices or whatever."

He blinked at her a few times, still un-use to Mary's prompt arrivals and instances that she was in the right when she came back with an OII (Otherwise Interesting Item). Clareese licked his face.

"Mary...you know you can't continue taking items. We need money." Even so, he was smiling.

She smiled in return, knowing that no trouble would befall her..this time. "I know. Her name's Clareese. Maybe you can give him to your niece. Where is everyone?" She looked around the base again curiously.";
Cody had lost the cops by weaving his way through back roads. The sirens firing past made him shiver, but he stayed low and quiet. They were on the far side of the brick wall, and not within view. Unless they decided to bring out the helicopters; he hated those with a passion.

He turned off his motorcycle to kill the heat signature in case the helicopters came with IR scanners, and hopped off to give the area a better look. Not many people were in the area, none to be specific. It was an abandoned neighborhood. Well, he had nothing better to do. And who knew, it might make for a better HQ than the current dump he was living in.

The door he kicked in, swung open readily, smashing into the wall. But while the building seemed to have been unoccupied for a long while, he was startled to find objects indicating someone had been living here. He moved carefully through the building, an abandoned apartment building, with one hand on his revolver. He didn't expect anything to jump at him, but it didn't hurt to be alert. The flicker of his Legion over his shoulder gave him some semblance of confidence.

He paused to open another door and this time did stop. It looked like a murder had happened, or maybe a leak. Dark stains on the floor looked more like blood than water. He paused and scanned the room, bringing his revolver out front and center. He turned a corner, leading with his revolver before peering around it. He was ready to shoot at a moment's notice.

But there was nothing. He covered the entire apartment, just a one bed, one bath, before coming back to the stain on the ground. Something in the far corner of the room fluttered. It was a piece of fabric attached to a vent but caught in a stray current of air. He frowned and pulled it free to look at it.

It was not blood spattered at all. The familiar thwop-thwop-thwop of helicopters overhead broke through his thoughts and paranoia. He cursed and looked up at the ceiling, stuffing the bit of fabric into his pocket and racing for the front door. He was just in time to hear it come crashing open a second time, followed by sounds of a swat team entering.

"Shit!" He swiveled in a 180 and ran up the stairs again. "Why do I have to be stuck here, in this abandoned, dead-end of a building?"

And then, to his surprise, and horror, his surroundings changed. The rotten wood flooring beneath his shoes changed to marble (since when was marble purple? he thought absently). The squeezed in location of the apartment complex gave way to an open area that immediately made him feel vulnerable. The revolver in his grip wavered as he screeched to a halt. There were several people in front of him, blocking his exit.

He brought the revolver up, not realizing yet that because he had changed places, the swat team bearing down on him from behind wouldn't be catching up. He made his demand clear: "Get out of my way and no one gets hurt!"
Mary-Sue (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

"Get out of my way and no body gets hurt!"

Oh hell no Mary thought, clenching her teeth together and drawing her gun. The gun in his hand might have been wavering, but Mary's own pistol was steady and facing him. She was not the only person to react either.

Fred, being the current commander on duty, had reacted even faster than Mary-Sue. Clareese the Pomeranian was dropped to the floor, and a gun of his own slid into his hand out from under his sleeve. This one was a grey-ish colour, and the barrel did not look like it could support any form of bullet. It was a lazer gun, though currently set on stun.

One of the two in the chair slammed their fist down on a large button. There was a brief siren sound, and then a large clank. The other chair sitter slid to the floor and covered both hands over her head.

Back to Mary.

"Congratulations. You have Discovered the group. We are all armed, we are all trai-" She noticed the girl on the floor out of her corner of her eye and nearly sighed. "We are all almost trained. This place is on lock down. If you fire that gun, you might not live to see where it hits."
The four people reacted quicker than Cody thought they would. Two guns were brandished and aimed at him by a man and a woman; two people in chairs moved: one hit a button, and the other ducked and covered. Pity she was too far away to use as a hostage.

He lowered his gun slowly, knowing that while he might take on one or two while he had cover, he didn't have any idea where he was, let alone how to escape. In addition, the mention of lockdown, brought him out of his panic. He muttered an oath. He must be in some topnotch facility. And judging by their reactions, they were ready to drop him if he so much as twitched.

His adrenaline still pumped, and the flight or fight response demanded him to do something. His grip on the revolver tightened, but it was now pointed at the floor. His eye caught the movement of the small dog on the floor, before glancing up at the four people. "Wh-where am I?"

"The better question is where is Carlington?" Mary demanded. When he lowered her gun, she allowed hers to fall as well. The doors were locked, and Fred still had to stun gun pointed at him. "You came from district 5. Carlington was from there, he hasn't responded in months." Her voice waivered. "We had given him up for dead.."

Fred took over the talking,

"You are in Millennium "58" Galaxy "32". This is no where near where you are from, the time period might not even be the same. If you got here the way I imagine you did, then you got here by illegal means. If this is the case, you are lucky you ended up here. I would advice you put your weapon away."

Of everyone in the room, the only creature who seemed un-phased was Clareese. The small fluffy brute trotted over to Cody, yipped a few times, and made to put his front paws on the side of his leg.
After seeing Mary lower her gun, Cody holstered his revolver readily enough per Frank's advice. These people knew how to identify a threat, and how to deal with one, that much was clear. The rest of it, not so much.

"Millenium? Galaxy?" The words meant nothing to him, it was obvious by the blank look he gave them. He glanced at Mary. "I don't know of this Carlington guy, but the last thing I remember seeing was a stain on the floor; could have been anything though--water or blood--it was in an abandoned building." Noticing the quiver in her voice, he added, "I'm sorry."

He turned back to Frank. "I have no idea how I got here, legal or not." It was the force on his camouflage pant-leg that made him flinch and look down to see the ball of fur propped against him. He knelt down in spite of the situation and offered his open palm to the dog for a sniff. "Some guard dog you have," he added.

Mary swore, slamming her gun back into its holster on her hip and collapsed into one of the chairs. Her fingers knotted themselves into the curls on her head, and after a moment she swore again.

Fred smiled nervously at both Mary-Sue and Cody. "Now...we had already given him up for dead. This isn't news to us. I believe that you are telling us the truth mister...uh...What is your name son? I am Fred, and the angry one over there is Mary-Sue."

The girl who smashed her hand down on the button pipped up. "Candy, and the one cowering beside me here is Cindy. We're sisters."

When she saw his reaction to the dog, Mary smiled despite herself. "Alright then. What's your story?"
Cody nodded and stood up, his eyes flickering to each person as names were given. At last he squared his shoulders and nodded at Fred. "I'm Cody," he replied, cutting himself off before giving his last name. There was no reason for them to know it, and it wasn't lost on him that they had still initiated lockdown.

"There's not much to explain, really. I was running for my life and ended up here." He stuck his hand in his pocket and then frowned. He pulled it out slowly, not wanting to end up shot after all the excitement earlier, and looked at the strange fabric in his hand. He stuffed it back into his pocket with a shrug.

"So, uh, you explained kind of where I am, but what is this place?" He glanced over at Candy. "Not many places have a lockdown button."

Mary-Sue and Fred exchanged glances, and after a moment Fred nodded. Mary sighed, as if she thought this was a bad idea, then turned to Cody.

"Alright Cody, you have managed to plant yourself directly into "The Groups" home base. This small room was originally just the command center, but now it is also the teleportation room." The held up her wrist, presenting the cloth tied around it. "Basically, we go anywhere at anytime and do mercenary work. Once the job is done, if we deem the payment insufficient, we take an item instead." She gestured towards Calreese, who now padded over to Mary and pawed her knees.

"In the case of Clareese here, the Item was what I was suppose to steal."

Fred cut in,

"However it isn't suppose to be a normal occurance. We like money, we like to eat and stay alive."

Mary scowled at him. "I gave you my reasons and they were just fine! Stop showing off."
Cody couldn't help the grin that spread across his face, and his brown eyes lit up briefly. "Mercenaries, huh?" The base of operations sounded a little too familiar for the current Resistance leader. Well, ex now that he was no longer on Earth--or so he gathered.

The fabric around Mary-Sue's wrist looked a little familiar, but he didn't want to give them the chance to take his away just yet. He still needed to get home and if that was his only way back, he'd fight to hang onto it.

"Alright, you've got me. I'm all for eating, getting paid and staying alive. Why do it though? What's so important that you need to create a mercenary group?"
Amatha (played by IviCelebrindal)

Amatha walks into the room in her long light green dress, her hair flowing around her like a curtain, parting at her pointed, elven ears. She stops and looks at the new person then walks over to Mary-Sue and picks up the dog that was trying for her attention. She plays with the puppy as she looks at the new guy confused. She speaks softly to Mary-Sue so that only she could hear, asking her who the person is and why he is here.

Amatha is an elf that, about 10 years ago, stumbled upon a DC and ended up here. She was skilled in healing and medicine, so she was perfectly happy to stay with The Group and help them with their ailments and check for foreign diseases when they returned.

Mary-Sue snorted despite herself. "What reason isn't there?" There was a loud burst of sound, and a bit of steam, indicating that the lock down had finished. Shortly afterwards a young elven woman entered the chamber and walked over to Mary-Sue.

Fred took over the explanation.

"You are from a section called 'Earth', so I am unsure if you will understand. In this galaxy and time period..things are not the same as they are there. The planets resources long gave out, and a large amount of our race left. Those that remained behind were scientists that manage to re-create the original resources...but they are only artificial copies. If you leave this chamber you might find it hard to become adjusted to the air, Mary says it feels almost plastic. A few returned to rebuilt, and now we live in a strange kind of utopia. Life has been reborn, but those of us that remember the old days also remember that not all is perfect. Where there is a city, there is also the slums."

Fred smiled, "You sir are in the middle of them. For many this is the only way to survive. We provide a home, and food, and now the ability to go other places and experience planets and time periods other than our own. What other reasons could there possibly be?"

As he spoke Mary-Sue tuned him out and focused on the woman. "'Is name's Cody he says. New guy, showed up here a lot like you did...only with more guns involved. What are you doing here anyway Amatha? You don't normally handle the 'ol once overs do ya?" Maybe she got promoted Mary thought.
Cody jumped at the sound of the lock-down passing, but he quickly recovered himself; his gaze straying only when another person entered the room. From the looks of things, she seemed...not quite human. His hands twitched automatically towards his guns, but he stopped himself.

Fred's explanation, however, was helpful and informative, and he listened carefully until it was done.

"Why don't you just go back in time and fix things? Or is that too complicated?" Cody asked. "As for the air, I'm not too worried about that..." As he spoke, Cody scanned the room and realized suddenly that something was missing. The one constant in his life was gone--and it wasn't the motorcycle. He felt his face turn pale and his hands begin to shake. A cold shiver worked its way up his spine as fear (rather than anger) made its presence known. "Oh shit..."

In one moment, the confident young man who had been carrying on a conversation in the middle of a lock-down switched personalities.

Amatha smiled and continued to play with the puppy in her arms. "Celine decided that she didn't want to be here anymore and left, leaving the position to me." She spoke softly enough that only Mary-Sue could hear her and she looked at the new guy out of the corner of her eye, not totally trusting him not to shoot her, having picked up on his twitchy-like reflex. She continued to smile as she normally did, and cuddled with the puppy. "When did we get this cute little guy?" she asked as she continued to play with the dog, smiling.

Mary-sue couldn't keep the smirk off of her face. "He is our newest charge, and he came from my latest job." It was amazing to see a medic that would so easily touch something from another plane of existence. Usually the ones that took care of her after jobs had borderline germaphobia, and rushed her into the hospital wing almost as soon as she arrived. She snickered at the thought of Celine waiting past a lock down. "Last time that happened the entire room was scrubbed clean with Fred to boot," She murmured in amusement.

Then, perhaps a bit later than was safe, Mary noticed the distinct change in Cody. "Umm...hey Amatha...is it normal for people to do that? You know...suddenly and completely change personalities?"

Amatha looks at Mary-Sue and then at Cody. "I don't think that is supposed to happen..." she looks concerned as she says it. "Mary, Fred, I need you guys to come with me, please." she says not smiling anymore. She takes Mary's hand while still holding the dog and walks towards the door she came out of. Her eyes still looking at Cody, warily.
Cody snapped. He drew his gun and grabbed the closest person to him. "Let me go! Now!" The Smith&Wesson revolver didn't so much as twitch as he aimed it at the hostage's head.

"What are you talking about?! I'm not just going to leave this guy here, are you nuts?" Mary-Sue countered, her eyes bulging. Fred seemed to agree. "We can't just leave a complete stranger alone in our command center. Especially one from another ga-" He paused halfway when Cody reacted.

The person closest to him happened to be Candy. Now, had he grabbed Cindy he would have found himself with a near perfect hostage. As it was, the girl was near fainting. Unfortunately her sister was not quite so docile. When he reached for her, she reached for her pocket. When he grabbed her she withdrew what looked like a eppi pen. When he demanded to be let go, she made to jab the pen into his leg. It wouldn't do much if it went in, only cause the man to feel slightly woosey, and possibly pass out.

Whether the pen worked or not, Fred brought his stun gun back to level. Mary-Sue on the other hand stepped in front of the elf, drawing a dagger instead of her gun. If this came down to shooting, she wasn't taking chances. She wanted something that did not miss easily.

"Calm down... Cody. What's wrong?" Amatha slowly starts towards him after setting the dog on the ground and holding her hands up so that he sees she is unarmed. "We can talk about this, just put Candy down." Amatha is trying to talk Cody down. She doesn't have any weapons in the lair and wants everyone to calm down.
He felt the sharp jab to his leg--never mind the spike of adrenaline and he cursed. "What did you jab me with?" Fear colored his voice and he looked at the newcomer. "Don't play dumb with me. I know who you are--what you're trying to do. You're trying to trick me into giving away my next move. I refuse! If you want it, you'll have to kill me."

In hindsight, it probably wasn't wise to tempt the people he'd just threatened. His eyes and his thoughts refused to focus properly; whatever the woman had jabbed him with it was starting to take effect. His grip loosened on both the woman and the revolver, though he kept his feet through sheer effort of will.

"Did you...drug me?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » It all begins somewhere.(OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus