Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » It all begins somewhere.(OPEN)

Amatha (played by IviCelebrindal)

When Amatha saw him loosening his grip, she reached out and tugged Candy away from him, pushing her back behind her. "I'm a doctor, please, let me look at you so we can help you," she said as she raised her hands back in the air, trying to make sure he doesn't feel threatened by her. "I am not trying to trick you, I just don't want any pathogens from a different era in here. I want to heal you, not hurt you." Amatha looks back at Mary-Sue trying to figure out if they are going to attack or not. Amatha isn't armed and looks as harmless as anyone can possibly look.
Mary-Sue (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

"Sort of, just a sedation actua-" Before Candy could finish speaking, Amatha grabbed at her to pull her away. Irritated, Candy yanked her arm out of the elf's grip and remained where she was, glaring. "For the love of...will people stop grabbing me?!" She demanded, and stalked back over to her chair to sit down with one leg crossed over the other.

Noticing that Cody seemed calmer, Mary-Sue lowered her weapon and gently put a hand on Amantha's shoulder. "Not meaning to be rude or anything but...would you please step away from the potentially crazy person until we know he wont attack? Candy is trained in this sort of thing, but if he chooses you as the next target it might not end well."

Fred nodded his agreement, and focused on Cody. "Look son, you need to realize something. You have infiltrated our home. Not the other way around. We don't want anything from you except, perhaps the part of the DJ that you probably have on you. Let yourself be checked out, and when the sedation wears off we will talk one on one and without weapons."
He looked at them suspiciously; his hostage gone, his thoughts muddled, his persistent hallucination apparently gone just like that. He blinked and then sighed. They weren't going to let him go. But it didn't sound like they were going to torture him either.

He eyed the doctor with misgiving. "I'm not sick," he muttered belligerently. But to Fred he said: "Fine." After all, the man could have shot him several times over by now and he hadn't fired a single shot.

Reluctantly Cody holstered his revolver and unbuckled his belt, which contained a second holstered revolver. He held it out for whoever wanted to take it. If they did a pat-down, they might find the pocketknife hiding in his pants pocket, as well as the swath fabric.

It was Mary-Sue that did the pat down, cautiously and carefully. She found the pocket knife, but did not notice the fabric. It was thin, and would have felt a lot like pocket lining might.

"Amatha, will you be willing to watch the weapons?" She asked, taking off her own gun and adding it to Cody's weapons. Along with her gun she added three daggers from her hip and a smaller, needle like, weapon from a chain around her neck. These all would go into Amatha's arms if she accepted the terms, or in a pool near Cindy's feet otherwise.

"And don't worry," Candy said as she stood up and dragged her sister to her feet. "That will wear off in a few minutes. It's only meant as something to help me get away." The two sisters quietly left the room, unwilling to be a part of the conversation.

Fred too gave up his weapons, then nodded at Mary-Sue. "To the door with you now."

She nodded, if reluctantly, and went to guard the door. No one would be allowed to enter. Fred occupied Candy's old chair, then motioned for Cody to take Cindy's. "Now sit."
Cody watched as the others disarmed themselves, though he by no means deluded himself in thinking they were unarmed. Mostly, he was sad to see his pocketknife confiscated. The fabric still remained in his pocket, however, so he didn't think he had much to worry about in terms of being stuck here. He just wasn't sure how to get back home...

He swallowed as Fred dismissed the others before ordering him to sit. Cody glanced at the indicated chair, unconsciously rubbing his wrists, as though expecting them to be cuffed. He sat gingerly, perching on the end, as though ready to leap to his feet at any given moment. If he was tense, it was only because he didn't know what to expect and thus he assumed torture. At least the tranquilizer was starting to wear off.

His gaze flickered to the four corners of the room--all of them empty of his hallucination--before landing back on Fred. "So...what now?"

Fred placed his elbows onto both knees, clasped his hands together, and bumped his lower lip against the outstretching middle fingers.
"Now, son, Cody, we talk business. As you have figured out by now, we are a mercenary group that will take on any task hat offers us money. We protect our own, and are not always forgiving to traitors."

His smile was soft, folding into the wrinkles on his face. Fed was old for his position, in his late forties, though he carried himself well still.

"As someone who has managed to infiltrate, however unintended it was, our main base of operations you have to understand we can't just let you up and leave." He paused to watch a reaction, but jumped ahead quickly in case Cody took that as a sign of aggression.

"However I do not believe in imprisoning or killing those that may be of use to us." He nodded towards the medic. "She arrived much like you did. By accident, away from her home. She showed signs of healing, and is now one of our top medics here."

His posture shifted, now rubbing the side of his head as if it were in pain. "You, on the other hand, show signs more like Mary-Sue who has been with us since childhood. She has been as of late taking on jobs without always receiving payment for them. It is my belief that she needs a partner. I think, until we can come to trust you, you would make just such a partner wonderfully."
Cody's face betrayed nothing; he'd half expected that they wouldn't let him go as easily as he got in. That didn't mean he hadn't hoped they might.

The job offer, however, took him by surprise and he dropped the blank expression.

"Wait. You want me to team up with Mary-Sue and work for you?" Well there wasn't a reason he shouldn't--he hadn't done anything to sabotage them; he had no reason to. Slowly he added, "I've been in your position before, back on Earth. I can't say that I would have done the same and open my arms to welcome a new recruit so easily though. Particularly one that just randomly stumbled upon us." Actually, if one had, Cody would have shot him on instinct. "What makes you so sure you can trust me?"

Fred chuckled. "I don't trust you son. Not a lick. That's why you have a partner."

He nodded to Mary-Sue who was busy entertaining herself with a lollipop and leaning casually against the door. She did notice however, as she had been paying attention to the conversation, and grinned back at them. The candy in her left hand waved in greeting, before she popped it back into her mouth.

"If you can prove to be trust worthy, you may begin to get assignments on your own. Until then, well, Mary isn't quiet as hesitant to shoot when she knows someone is disloyal you see." He was using a matter-of-fact tone, not a threatening one, and was still smiling. The man liked Cody, as far as he could like anyone on instinct.

"Do you have any questions or concerns?"
Cody grinned back at Fred; he liked the man's blatant honesty.

"When do I get my guns back? And my pocketknife. And when is our next mission? Or do we train first?" He paused and then dug into his pocket and produced the swath of fabric that had escaped the pat down. "And, one more, how does this work?!"

Amatha was standing off to the side with all the weapons during the conversation. She walked out of the room and put the weapons in the holder near the med bay. The dog had followed her so she decided to take a look at the fuzz-ball before the others come in to get looked at. She slowly looked over the animal then ran the tests needed for determination whether the dog has foreign pathogens in its system.

After a little while, she found that the dog has a few little worms in it, but nothing a good dose of medicine can't clear up. She gives the little animal the medications then walked back out into the command center with the dog in her arms, smiling.

Fred found himself chuckling at Cody's reaction to his offers.
"Calm down, calm down, the first issue at hand is getting you and Mary-Sue checked out." He nodded towards Amatha, "She is our current medic on duty, and is in charge of making sure no diseases or strange germs decided to hitch a ride on over here."

He waved the elf maiden over. "Amatha, Cody has decided to join us for now. Can you check him and Mary-Sue over?"

Mary wrinkled her nose at the words. She hated being looked over by the medics and groaned.
Cody took a step back, his eyes going shifty and his body language suggesting flight rather than fight. "I'm not a fan of doctors. Besides, what's to say you won't infect me with something during an examination?"

Guns he could handle. Bullet wounds, the same. Doctors and needles--hell no.

Mary-Sue walked up to him, but didn't move to put a hand on his shoulder. "Geez you're a jumpy fellow arn't you? Relax. Anything that is done to you will be done to me." She made to spin around slowly.

"Ya see? I've been through it loads of times and I'm perfectly fine!" She grinned, even if that grin was a bit nervous. Mary-Sue might be lieing through her teeth, getting checked out was nearly terrifying, but definitely harmless.

"Oh umm..." she paused, the grin turning sheepish. "You might have to get naked tho, depending on the procedure the Amatha chooses."
If ever there was a time to lament the loss of his weapons--it was then. He balled his hands into fists as he surveyed Mary-Sue. She'd been through it before and was still in one piece. And these weren't people intending to harm him. Quite the contrary--they were willing to take him onboard.

With difficulty he sighed and let his hands relax. "Fine," he muttered. "But I'm not doing anything unreasonable." He half turned to Amatha and while his eyes were sharp, he nodded at her. "I won't hurt an unarmed person." Idly, he wondered if a needle was considered a weapon.

Amatha decided against the nude check up just because she thought that it would be rude for her to ask the new guy in the lair to strip for them. She checked all the normal places then grabbed her mobile xray and bacterial reading machine which looks like a thin piece of glass. She was thorough without being too invasive to Mary-Sue, who she had checked out first.

She walked over to Cody but stayed slightly away from him. She held her hand out to him to let him choose to come to her. She waited for him with her right hand out to him and her left hand still holding onto her xray and bacterial reading machine.
Cody sighed and approached. It wasn't quite what he had had in mind as far as check-ups went. He looked at the piece of glass she held warily. "Checking for fingerprints, or what?" he asked, but letting her do what needed to be done.

Amatha smiles sweetly. "It checks you for pathogens that shouldn't be in this time or place. It basically makes sure none of us are going to get sick from you being here." She says as she runs the glass up and down each side of his body. She stares directly into the screen, not looking at anything else. She smiles as she finishes and asks Cody to wait right there. She walks out and back in a minute later, holding a bottle of some medication.

"You have a few bugs that need to be taken care of. One of these should do it," and she hands him one of the little yellow pills.
He should probably be grateful that she didn't jab him with a needle, but the pill was daunting. The bright yellow even more so. He regarded it for a moment before taking it. He swallowed it dry, without needing water; it was obvious he'd taken pills before.

"Is that all?" he asked. "I didn't even feel sick." But then, he wasn't seeing his Legion either and that worried him a little.

Amatha smiled. "it isn't that you are sick, it is that the pathogens are not native to this time or place." She explains the reasons as she picks up the dog again and holds him up to play. She walks to the other side of the room, sets the dog down, and starts throwing a small ball of paper for the dog to go and fetch.
"Guess I never really thought about that," he said, and scratched his head. Of course, he'd only finished high school by the skin of his teeth and hadn't had a chance to go to college--he'd been too busy planning an uprising and all.

He watched Amatha tossing the paper ball for the dog a few times before turning back to Fred and Mary Sue. "So...when's our first mission?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » It all begins somewhere.(OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus