Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Reintroduction AGAIN

Been rping for like 10 years on and off. This is actually my second introduction with this profile. I made it over a year ago at it fell into disuse. Been on pretty often this week and I'm enjoying myself, so I'll stick around this time.

I make games, play games, play instruments, make music digitally, sing (I only sound good sometimes), and draw. Search for AtRo Studio on soundcloud and you'll find some of my stuff. I marked it all as free to download, so you can have it if you like it. Only in the last half year have I been supremely active on the internet, slowly building my experience with marketting, Let's Plays (I only made 2), and other things in preparation for my eventual game release.

I have a team of 6, myself included, working on a supremely ambitious project - our first game. I drink way, WAY too much soda, and tend to be awake and asleep at random times with little order.

Nice to meet you homies. Again. For like, the third time actually. I did make a different account a REALLY long time ago but its long since faded into obscurity.
Sanne Moderator

We already said hi in chat, but let me welcome you again! :D I'm stoked to hear you've been having a good time.

Also making your own game is an awesome something right there!! What sort of game is it (going to be)?
Wow! Nice to meet you! Welcome to RP Repository (again)! and have a lovely~ stay here!
Yay! Someone else with a dream of making her own game! That's kinda why I made an account here initially: to develop my characters' personalities and battle strategies/formulas more before planning further into it. Aside.... Welcome back to RPR! I'm Light, and it's uber sweet to meet you!!

I have to second Sanne's question: what kind of game is it that you plan to make? Maybe we could share planning tips, who knows! <3

Aside, even though you've been here before, don't hesitate to ask us if you need anything!
Hello! Welcome back to RPR! I would like to also ask what is this game you had in mind to make? It sounds like an interesting idea! And what games did you do a Let's Play for?
Third times the charm? XD welcome again to the friendliest site on the internet. It is a pleasure to meet you, and I am glad you are pursuing your dreams! :D What kind of game is it?
Welcome back to the site! Great to know you've returned!

I'm quite curious with the game you have in mind too! And what games have you made Let's Plays for?

I think I won't be learning how to make my own digital music soon, but I very much enjoy listening to various pieces. I went ahead and checked your SoundCloud. Actually, I'm listening to your tracks at the moment as I'm writing this. :D Oh man, I only listened to two so far but I love 'em already! After playing several games, I've tried exposing myself with many kinds of music, especially instrumentals. And definitely, your tracks are my type of music.

Considering City Escape (the first one I checked) and Fringe World, I'm guessing that they fit a mystery game of some sort? Sorry if I'm wrong, but just take it from someone who likes to match music with games. :)

Oh, I thought I was the only one who drinks lots of sodas. Nah, that's not really true. XD But I do love sodas a lot more than other beverages.

I'm sure you're familiar with the site as well, but feel free to ask around if you have any concerns!
MasterDerpy Topic Starter

Here's an excerpt of a conversation that explains the premise of the game.

"Our game takes place in the deep future, with the player assuming the role of a Fringer - a deep space explorer and special operations unit tasked with going where no man has gone before. A fling-beacon (warp gate) is built or calibrated to a new destination, the Fringer flies through it to the objective system, then deploys drones who then build a new fling-beacon to reach back home.

"Unfortunately, the fling beacon does not work, and there's no reason why it shouldn't. The player will spend the game in this system, exploring and discovering clues to why the beacon doesn't work. There will be some combat, some puzzle solving, and mostly exploration. The main draw of the game will be the atmosphere...the art style and music will most likely be the selling points because we don't have any engineers to code the game at the moment. I'm the only person in a position to go to school for programming, but I'm also an artist, designer, and the owner of the team, so its going to be a busy time for me."
Sanne Moderator

Ooh that sounds super interesting! Be sure to keep us updated on how it goes, I'm sure many of us would love to give it a whirl. :)
Kim Site Admin

It was a blast having you in the community discussion today! I'm so glad you came back in time. :)
Welcome (again!) to RPR! I hope you're finding lots of cool RPs! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Reintroduction AGAIN

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus