Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » From the Waves to the Engines

Deita Shepfield (played by Anonymouse) Topic Starter

I smiled a bit. "Apparently I'm not from this town. I told people my name, and no one said they knew about my last name." I said, looking down. "The only reason I got a job at the factory was, well... I can fix cars."
David Lester (played by berserker544)

"Well lucky for you, I have connections all the way to other countries not just this city." He gave her a smile. "you see, my shop is also used a neutral meeting ground for a lot, and I mean a lot of groups of people and groups. So I know quite a few people."

"Well, I'm glad to have fixed your car, then. I'd offer a free repair job, but... I doubt your car will break down ever again." I said and finished my sandwich. "But, uh... If you're free Saturday, think you could show me some nice places around town?" I asked, grinning as I felt my cheeks grow warm.

David's eyes opened wide at that, but cleared his throat, "Sure, I'd be happy to show you. Though I'm much in my shop or away in other countries."

I smiled a bit, picking up my cup and inspecting it. "Can I get a refill, then?" I asked him, a small smirk playing on my lips as I looked up at him.

"Of course you can..." He said, taking the cup from her and going behind the counter, then after a few moments returned with two cups, one for him and one for her. "so, all you remember is your name huh? Is there anything else you can think of that may help?" He asked, sitting down and taking a sip from his cup

After taking a sip of my tea, I looked up at him, trying to think. "I remember a man's face... He looked like he was about... I dunno, forty-three?" I said and sighed, setting my cup down.

"Well that doesn't really help. It could be the last person you saw, or maybe a cab driver, your father, and god knows how many other people. I'm talking more like a place or building...or if you have a birth mark you notice..." he said taking another sip of his tea

I sighed and sat back. I didn't want it to come to this, but it seems so. "What about this?" I asked, poking my right leg out and pulling my pants' leg up to reveal the metal leg.

David's eyes opened wide, "that'll-that'll do..." He coughed slightly "That will do nicely...So how long has your memory been blank?" He asked nervously, not taking his eyes off her leg. "I'm sorry for staring." He said turning his head to look at her again.

"I'm used to it." I replied, letting my pants' leg roll down and placing my leg back under the table. "I've been here for a few weeks. That's all I can remember, though... My name, my skills, and that one man's face."

David rubbed his chin slightly. "Well the man's face we can't use, and maybe we shouldn't, for all we know he's the reason you're here now...the leg we may be able to use, but you don't happen to know how old that leg is do you? Like when your leg was...forgive me for using blunt words, cut off, or if it was a birth defect. Asfor your skills, we can use that."

I smiled, looking down. "I really don't know how old it is." I told him, sighing. "But I looked over it, and found the metal is a good two years worn. So... It's been two years I've had this leg." I said, drinking my tea.

"Well depending how long you been missing then it could be used in my efforts to finding out who you are..." He finished his tea, placed it on the table and looked at her. "Is there anything else I could do for you then?"

"Yeah, one more thing." I said and stood. "Pick me up Saturday, say.... six?" I said, sounding slightly cheerful as I laid a five pound note on the table as a tip. I gave him a wink before stepping out the door, walking back to the factory since my lunch break was over.

Wish she gave me a chance to offer her a ride back. Trevor got up and took the empty cups back to the counter. Okay, I need to start sending out letters tonight with her story and description

I headed back, timing in just as the whistle blew. I sat down and pulled my goggles on, grabbing my wrench before starting on one of our newest models.

David, that night, was up a bit late, writing letters to some of his connections, telling them about her. "Hopefully someone will know her..." He said to himself, he looked out the window then blew out a candle, and fell onto the bed by his desk. Tomorrow morning he'll go to the post office and mail those letters...He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

I sighed as I finished up on the car, wiping away the sweat and oil as I removed my goggles.

Stalking up the stairs, I started to change into my night clothes, laying on the mattress provided as my bed. I fell asleep, soon dreaming of a little girl with dark red hair, waving a wrench around. She seemed so young... and the man beside her looked familiar...

I woke the next morning with realization of what my dream was. I had a memory! I remembered that the man in my memory is my father.

David pulled up at the factory at 5:50. He made his way inside to her 'apartment' and knocked on the door. "Deita, it's me David." He said nervously

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » From the Waves to the Engines

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus