Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » From the Waves to the Engines

Deita Shepfield (played by Anonymouse) Topic Starter

I gave him a nod, sitting back and looking up at the sky. I saw the sign with a crab and fork on it, sitting up straight. "There it is." I said, pointing towards the restaurant.
David Lester (played by berserker544)

"Alright." David said, as he pulled up, and turned off the car. He got out and quickly ran around the car and opened the door for her. "There you go..."

I stepped out of the car and smiled. "Thank you, David." I said, nodding my head to him before starting towards the front door.

David nodded back and closed the car door behind her. Then quickly caught up to her. They were sited almost right away, and after a few moments, a waitress came by, "Can I get you two something to drink?" David nodded to Deita, allowing her to go first.

I gave him a smile, cheeks growing warm as I took my seat. "Um... I think I'll try the sweet lemon tea." I said, smiling kindly at the waitress.

"I'll just have some water please. Thank you." The waitress gave a slight bow and walked away. David turned to her, and gave a smile. He didn't know what to say now. Please say something for me...

"Soo... How long have you you been in Lake Richard?" I asked, giving him a smile and trying to start a conversation with him.

"Well...going on fire years now. I never really lived anywhere before. Then I moved here, and ran the shop for my father, until he past three years ago."

"Oh, wow." I said softly. If he's lived here for so long, how didn't he hear about me washing up on the lakebed..? I thought, looking up as our drinks arrived. I thanked the waitress, taking a sip of it. "I know it's hard to talk with me, considering I barely know myself." I said sheepishly.

He shrugged. "Theres not a lot for me to talk about either...well not too much I can tell. I told you about my job, and how my connections meet there, but besides that, I keep to myself for the most part...."

"Why..?" I asked him, sipping my drink again, tilting my head curiously.

He shrugged. "Don't really know why. I guess I prefer to keep myself to books. Stories of quests and adventures..." He said shrugging again. "Just the way I am I guess. How about you? Do you socialize a lot?"

"I try to... But not many people find me fascinating." I told him and sighed, looking at him. "I'm not very social.."

"well I guess we got that much in common." David said shrugging

I giggle a bit, then nodded. "Ah, the appetizers." I said, looking up at the waitress. "The bread here is delicious." I told him, offering him a roll.

"Thank you." He said taking it. He ripped it in half, and took a bite. After a few chews he swallowed it. "If you don't mind me asking, your name, what kind of name is it? I mean, do you know of it's origin?"

I looked at him, then gave a smile. "My name is spelled D-E-I-T-A, but sounds like data, with a long A sound. My last name is actually reasonable... Shepfield... It means a field of sheep. I suppose my father was also a shepherd." I said softly, taking a nibble of bread.

David shrugged. "I don't know about that. My last name is Lester, meaning I'm from Leicester... Never been there in my whole life. Last names don't mean a whole lot about you anymore. It just tells you a bit of your ancestry."

"True." I said and sighed. "Oh, we can order now." I said a bit nervously, having a feeling that this date wasn't going very well.

"I'll have a lobster tail, and steak please." David said, with a slight smile. "Thank you." He said passing the waitress the menu, he looked back at her, and gave her a slight smile

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » From the Waves to the Engines

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus