Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » From the Waves to the Engines

Deita Shepfield (played by Anonymouse) Topic Starter

"A small lobster tail with a baked potato on the side." I ordered, feeling a slight blush on the bridge of my nose as I glanced up at David.
David Lester (played by berserker544)

Once the waitress left, "So then, I don't know what else to talk about." He gave a nervous smile and chuckle. "You got any ideas?"

"Well... I don't know... Hobbies? Um.." I started, then sighed. I knew having amnesia would affect my social life, but not likethis. "I'm sorry... I must be one terrible date." I said softly, looking away and down.

"No you're not. I'm just not the best person to go out with. My hobbies are reading of course. And before I owned the shop, I traveled quite a bit. Almost all over the world in fact." He hoped this might work out a bit better as a topic

I gave a slightly shy smile. "I'd love to come by and take a look at your books." I said. "When I'm not working, I read. Never traveled a lot, though... Can you tell me about some places?"

"Of course I can. Just tell me if you get bored please..." He said, then started to tell her of some of the places he had been to. "i seen the pyramids in Egypt, awesome buildings. Amazing what those guys were able to do. Although they used slaves so that helped..." (just pretend that he said a while lot of different things...)

I listened intently, leaning on the table as I smiled. By the time they finished dinner, an hour and a half passed. "Ah... I've got to get home, my boss will kill me if I'm out after curfew." I said, standing up.

he quickly stood up as well, putting on his top hat. "A curfew huh? how old are we?" He asked teasing her. He put down the money for their meal, then lead her to his car.

"Old enough.." I said, grinning as I walked out with him to the car. "He's just making sure I'm safe after hours." I told him.

"Right, safe." He said, giving her a slight grin. He opened the car door for her, allowing her to step in side. He closed the door behind her and quickly got in into the car beside her. He started the car up and started to drive back to her garage

I saw the lights at the factory were dim, meaning my boss was expecting me home soon. As soon as we drove up I got out, turning and smiling at David. "Thanks for the wonderful time! I'll see you tomorrow!" I called to him before running inside, panting as I met up with my boss. He told me to go upstairs and get ready for bed.

David simply nodded, wanting to ask if she had a good time or not, but decided to just let her go for now. He turned around and drove back to the shop. He turned off the engine and walked around the building. Then up the stairs to his apartment.

(I was thinking when he steps inside, theres some people waiting for him there, waiting to ask about you, unless you have another story in mind of course)

((I don't think so... Maybe I could invite him back for lunch?))

I smiled and sat down at my window, watching the stars as they appeared slowly, one by one.

David entered his apartment, taking off his jacket and hanging it on a clothes tree, with his hat. He threw himself onto the bed, still wearing all of his clothes and looked at the ceiling for a while, then, thinking of her slightly, falling asleep.

I fell asleep soon after, waking up to the morning and getting myself ready for the work day. After pulling my boots on, I walked downstairs and grabbed some breakfast from the bin, which was actually just a small container of wrapped sandwiches.

David woke near noon, not having to wake because one of his employees were running the shop. Once he got dressed, he walked out and entered his shop. just the regulars were in his shop right now. I hope she comes in today... He got behind the counter, and leaned on it. His employ brought his mail. Nothing about her yet, but hopefully something soon....

I sighed as noon approached. The shop barely had any customers today, so I figured i'd head out to town a little early. I wandered about until I found the coffee shop, stepping inside and watching where my foot went.

David's head went up from his letters when he heard her enter the shop. He's face lighting up a bit. "Hey, good to see you." He said, smiling. "So what can I get for you today?"

I grinned and walked over to the counter. "Just another cup of tea and someone to talk with." I said, laughing softly as I looked around. "Maybe a nice book, too."

"I can do all three." he said smiling. David quickly made her Tea, then walked to near the back of the shop, looking at the selves. He took down a book and brought it over to her. He sat down opposite her, pacing the book near her. "20000 leagues under the sea, one of the best ever made." He said with a slight smile

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » From the Waves to the Engines

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus