Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello from OppressedMatrix

Greetings, my name is Derrick, and I'm located in northeast United States. I am a 21-year-old about to start my Master's program in Cultural Anthropology, although my background is in Cultural Studies. I have an interest in gender, sexuality, and class and how it intersects with cultural texts. Currently, my obsessions are Agamben and Foucault. I also have an interest in postmodern feminism and queer theory.

I'm a huge nerd and geek, so feel free to ask me more questions on the topic. My username is actually a play on a concept about intersectionality, Matrix of Oppression--in case you were wondering. =p

I'm really into reading, writing, roleplaying, and video games. I've been roleplaying since I was 11 on various forum sites. I have also RPed in MMORPGS, like Runes of Magic and Elder Scrolls Online, although I prefer forum RP. I have been an avid gamer since I received a PS2 when I was in elementary school--to this day I still play Scooby-Doo and Spyro games. I'm also really into strategy games like Civilization and Banished. Some of my current pleasures and all-time favorites are listed below:

Current Book: Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives of North Koreans by Barbara Demick
Current Writing Genre: high fantasy
Current Video Game: Fallout 4
Current Band: Highly Suspect ("Mister Asylum", "Lost", and "Lydia")

Favorite Book: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and A Separate Peace by John Knowles
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect
Favorite Movie: Full Metal Jacket
Favorite Band: Steam Powered Giraffe ("Honeybee", "Wired Wrong", and "Fire, Fire")

If you would like to know more about me, feel free to ask. If you want to RP with me
dude, you are awesome just from your favorite video game
OppressedMatrix Topic Starter

Ion_shock wrote:
dude, you are awesome just from your favorite video game

I like the entire trilogy, but the first is still the best. I only wish that the Normandy SR2 could be in the first game, as I like that ship so much more, but I miss the overheating weapons from the first one, as it seemed more futuristic.

I hope we could play alien races in future games within the franchise.
Welcome to the site then, Derrick! I'm Rin. That sounded pretty deep, I'm impressed. Haha, I guess I know who to run to if I have anything in mind regarding the subject!

Given that you've shared a number of your interests already, I'm certain that you'll get to meet new people here. :)

If you ever run into any problems or you get stuck with something, let us know! We'd be happy to help out!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! I enjoyed that thorough introduction, it's good to meet you! Do you have any questions for us at this time?
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! I so enjoyed your intro. It sounds like you are a really interesting human being!
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks for the wonderful greetings. I hope to get to know some of you more as I learn my way around the site and become more involved in RP. =)
Wow, I've never been so impressed, you sound really, really fascinating. I'm Lotus, but call me Light! It's really sweet to meet you and I hope you enjoy it on RPR!

LightSide-Lotus wrote:
Wow, I've never been so impressed, you sound really, really fascinating. I'm Lotus, but call me Light! It's really sweet to meet you and I hope you enjoy it on RPR!

Thank you. Nice to meet you, Light. =)

RinTengoku524 wrote:
Welcome to the site then, Derrick! I'm Rin. That sounded pretty deep, I'm impressed. Haha, I guess I know who to run to if I have anything in mind regarding the subject!

Given that you've shared a number of your interests already, I'm certain that you'll get to meet new people here. :)

If you ever run into any problems or you get stuck with something, let us know! We'd be happy to help out!

Thanks for the offer. =)
Ello! The name's Marcat2001, but please call me Marcat! Nice to meet you and welcome to the RP Repository! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and while you're here please have a lovely~ stay!

Marcat2001 wrote:
Ello! The name's Marcat2001, but please call me Marcat! Nice to meet you and welcome to the RP Repository! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and while you're here please have a lovely~ stay!

Nice to meet you Marcat =)
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites of the internet :3 It is super cool that you know so much and your major is super cool!

FiaratheNothingess wrote:
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites of the internet :3 It is super cool that you know so much and your major is super cool!

That's good to hear--not that I couldn't tell this was a friendly place by the amazing greeting I've received. =)
Hello there and great intro!
Welcome to RPR I hope you are having fun :3
I'm always available if you need help with things, someone to chat with, or someone to RP with~
I'm glad to be of help or just fun any ways I can!
Hope your stay thus far has been amazing :P

hello.gif

Kitom wrote:
Hello there and great intro!
Welcome to RPR I hope you are having fun :3
I'm always available if you need help with things, someone to chat with, or someone to RP with~
I'm glad to be of help or just fun any ways I can!
Hope your stay thus far has been amazing :P

hello.gif

I have definitely enjoyed everything so far. Thank you. =)
Asroc

Oi! Welcome to RPR!
Yo! Welcome to the site ^~^
HibariHaru

Hello there and welcome to RPR. It's nice to meet you.
tumblr_n3bqqkQae11svfppko1_500.gif

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello from OppressedMatrix

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus