Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

Doc Topic Starter

Oh, whoops, sorry guys. I spaced over the weekend. A lot happened between me and my bf's "been together 1 full year" thing on the 1st and yesterday and today being full of chores and work from my mom.

Anti-Empowered groups will be basically just 3 factions. Think Nazi, KKK, and Westboro Baptist. The radical, underground group would be first on the scene to react to the "threat", whereas the other two would be a little later and try to be a little more public friendly and/or law abiding. However, just because they exist doesn't mean they interact with the RP as much as you'd think. After all, they'd be around the country and world, not just coincidentally in the same exact city the story takes place in. And, in further response to what Sin said, they would likely start off as a group of average citizens acting as if terrorists were invading their god given town of sweet Christian values and such, so rifles, pistols, and shotguns ho before they stop and think. If anything, a more organized group would appear in another country to take them out. Perhaps Kim Jong Un's Empowered Assassins Force? Lol

As for Empowered Govt. Agencies... I was thinking maybe 1 or 2 cities in the country (not sure where it'll take place, but most likely US) could take in or hire Emps/Empows (not sure yet) and train them as special ops police or swat perhaps. Other than that, I doubt they'd be accepted as much. Some more conservative locations, such as Texas, might collect them all and study them and whatnot.

Oh, and your character doesn't have to necessarily be good or bad, per se. But, if it helps, imagine yourself in their situation or pretend you are the character themself to decide how they behave and what kind of alignment that puts them under in your eyes.
I like! When can we start?
Doc Topic Starter

I have one simple answer for that.

Whenever the hell I stop being a lazy ass and get everything set up. Which, I would do right now but I have no idea what to do -_-'
Well, we're here to help if need be :3
Doc wrote:
I have one simple answer for that.

Whenever the hell I stop being a lazy ass and get everything set up. Which, I would do right now but I have no idea what to do -_-'

Dude, you of all people should know that I've run groups before...

If you want to partner up just say the word and I'll do all the hard work by setting it up for you. All you'd need to do is supply the shell I make with something to fill it with. Okay? ;D
So, this will be a Group, correct? If so, I guess create the simple layout, make it... I guess Invite only for now, get these two to come in (Possibly as Moderator positions, so they can manually work on the Group if needed. I think Moderators can do that, I may be wrong), and you all can sort out what needs to be done~ And when you are pleased with the result, release it to the world and we can work on an advertisement for it~

I'll fiddle around with my test group and see if my terrible device can do anything of use. And if so, might check out a few things and see the result.
That's a great idea, way to take the initiative on this one SIN!
This seems interesting... mind if I join in? I'm debating which of my characters to use. One could use shadow-manipulation and would probably be hired by the US for that secret OP thing you mentioned. Or go solo, but probably not... (His profile background can be ignored for this RP.) As for my parkour guy, I'm not exactly sure what power he should have that would enhance his parkour skills... But he would definitely go solo at first.
AshAngg2000 wrote:
This seems interesting... mind if I join in? I'm debating which of my characters to use. One could use shadow-manipulation and would probably be hired by the US for that secret OP thing you mentioned. Or go solo, but probably not... (His profile background can be ignored for this RP.) As for my parkour guy, I'm not exactly sure what power he should have that would enhance his parkour skills... But he would definitely go solo at first.

I think we are all going to make new characters for this, sort of a clean slate kinda deal - brand new characters that we need to figure out for this new setting.

Perhaps you might want to create a brand new character like the rest of us?
Oh... well, I would, but I'm not all that great with coming up with stuff and all that... Abe was a character a friend of mine made based off of me for a comic she wrote but never finished, and then she gave me the rights to the character. Archer, while being completely made by myself, was more or less created off of a Minecraft RP server application. (Most of the back story.) Besides, I wouldn't even know what kind of character to create... my creativity is pretty limited...
AshAngg2000 wrote:
Oh... well, I would, but I'm not all that great with coming up with stuff and all that... Abe was a character a friend of mine made based off of me for a comic she wrote but never finished, and then she gave me the rights to the character. Archer, while being completely made by myself, was more or less created off of a Minecraft RP server application. (Most of the back story.) Besides, I wouldn't even know what kind of character to create... my creativity is pretty limited...

Asking for help on character creation isn't a bad thing. I would love to help you make a new character if you feel up to it.
Ok, I guess that would work. Thank you Virus. :)
Just send me a message and we'll get to work on it after my brunch with my friend.
Doc Topic Starter

Holy crap hats, guys, I swear I'm not getting notified well enough about this thread's messages.

Virus, I forgot you've run groups before, and I think partnering up would be best since I'm horribly inexperienced. Lemme know in a little more detail what you need on skype. I'm on your list as "dairy air" i believe.
SIN, I really do favor the moderator position thing and feel that's something very important so I'll say that is a must.
Thanks for all the help, guys! I really do appreciate it! ^u^
No prob! ;D
NP man :3 Be sure to link us to the group once it's set up X3
Always willing to assist, friend~
I think we have the rules established and even ran through a couple of mock scenarios, so we should be set with that.

All that is left is to create the necessary forums and threads to get things started. Plus characters of course. While everyone works on that Doc said that he would work on creating the story, finalizing a location, adding a timeline and a list of claimed powers.

Also he wanted to remind us that while our characters may have powers these abilities will have limits and should have some quirks to them. (Ex. Fire powers that rely on direct physical touch or something else of that kind of spirit.)
Right. That's cool~

I was thinking of either that Battery power or the mute one, since they seem more relevant to Less, who I'll do some hocus-pocus on and fit him for this. I'm leaning towards that Battery one, since it doesn't seem like it'll be that powerful in the first place~ Of course, they'll have to physically touch the object first in order to connect to it and power it up. So I guess I'll go with it~!
I was planning to use a Technopath and someone with radiation based powers(Can't think up a name). The Technopath doesn't have an understanding of Tech, and the more advanced the tech she's making the more of an understanding she needs. For instance, she can put together simple 'joints' that move when she tells 'em to, but if she was gonna build a functioning death ray she'd need somebody to plan out how to build it, and she'd just follow the instructions.

The dude with atomic powers, he's able to fire concentrated beams of atomic energy. Despite this, most of the punch from these beams comes in the form of the actual physical force of the beams. The radiation levels in the beams are actually very small and won't cause any damage. Open to reworking this guy's powers, though I'd need some assistance with that XD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus