Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

SINDragon wrote:
Ah, I see~ That's a pretty good limiter~

Are we making this a Group? If so, as a suggestion, why not have like... Districts, in which these little groups inhabit? We could make certain Forums said areas/districts, and people can make threads where their little groups that they've made with other interact, and have random soloists come and go and such? And say there could be Announcements that may affect all in a certain District/Area, saying 'Such and Such are coming through ThisPlace to search for Empowered'. At least, something like that.

oooo I really like this idea :0
SINDragon wrote:

I have more characters where that come from; water absorption/strength boost, mist targeted telekinesis, AC/static electricity touch, technopathy...
Doc Topic Starter

Virus wrote:
How is this idea?
How did he get the legs in time to not fly into Spacegodzilla's humble abode as E.T. brought snacks for the game? Basically, when did his powers activate and how did he manage to get these?
SINDragon wrote:

Are we making this a Group? If so, as a suggestion, why not have like... Districts, in which these little groups inhabit? We could make certain Forums said areas/districts, and people can make threads where their little groups that they've made with other interact, and have random soloists come and go and such? And say there could be Announcements that may affect all in a certain District/Area, saying 'Such and Such are coming through ThisPlace to search for Empowered'. At least, something like that.

I support this idea and believe it should be done! I'll do that, and you can help if you'd like!
I'd definitely be willing to help out :3
Doc Topic Starter

The more the merrier, as they say!
Doc wrote:
Virus wrote:
How is this idea?
How did he get the legs in time to not fly into Spacegodzilla's humble abode as E.T. brought snacks for the game? Basically, when did his powers activate and how did he manage to get these?
Basically when his powers activated he had a much heavier friend nearby with a long belt and fast reflexes - After that he was basically tied down to something heavier than he was and that kept him earthbound. He got the legs later on from someone who had technopathy and he ended up dating her for a while. His prosthetics do more than just weigh him down and look like sexy blue cyborg legs. They have a few fun functions that I don't want to give away just yet. He actually would've been captured and imprisoned at one point - but he managed to escape with the four others I mentioned earlier.
Would love to~

However, as a heads up, I am currently stuck using a crappy mobile, so if this does get created as a Group, I might not prove to be as helpful with technical stuff, yeah?
Doc Topic Starter

Virus wrote:
Basically when his powers activated he had a much heavier friend nearby with a long belt and fast reflexes - After that he was basically tied down to something heavier than he was and that kept him earthbound. He got the legs later on from someone who had technopathy and he ended up dating her for a while. His prosthetics do more than just weigh him down and look like sexy blue cyborg legs. They have a few fun functions that I don't want to give away just yet. He actually would've been captured and imprisoned at one point - but he managed to escape with the four others I mentioned earlier.

So, how would this adapt to my concept? Remember, people with the abilities go missing for a full year with no memory of who they are, know, or any of their background or history. On top of that, they reappear somewhere other than where they were last seen, so one might disappear in Seattle, Washington and reappear somewhere in Ontario, Canada.
SINDragon wrote:
Would love to~

However, as a heads up, I am currently stuck using a crappy mobile, so if this does get created as a Group, I might not prove to be as helpful with technical stuff, yeah?
No problemo! I could just get your help by us discussing ideas and things to do if you'd like! : )
Doc wrote:
So, how would this adapt to my concept? Remember, people with the abilities go missing for a full year with no memory of who they are, know, or any of their background or history. On top of that, they reappear somewhere other than where they were last seen, so one might disappear in Seattle, Washington and reappear somewhere in Ontario, Canada.

You would have to go into greater detail about what this 'missing' means. Do you mean missing from home? Missing from the face of the planet? Missing from existence? What is the cause of these missing Empowereds; the secret world government, another Empowered, aliens? Is the memory wipe before, during or after the disappearances?

The more detailed you are about all this the better I can adapt my characters to your RP.
Sure thing~

If we're talking about characters, I think I have one which works to some extent, I guess. There's nothing special to them in terms of 'powers', but I have three ideas that could suffice. One would be some form of telepathy, since they're a mute. Two would be the ability to become a literal battery to things, which isn't as shocking as you may think it may be ;D Just simply powering up machines, nothing more.

Or... They could mute people. I don't really know.

Maybe I should just stop...
Doc Topic Starter

Virus wrote:
You would have to go into greater detail about what this 'missing' means. Do you mean missing from home? Missing from the face of the planet? Missing from existence? What is the cause of these missing Empowereds; the secret world government, another Empowered, aliens? Is the memory wipe before, during or after the disappearances?

The more detailed you are about all this the better I can adapt my characters to your RP.
Oh, right. Whoops ^-^'
It's pretty much missing from existence. It's not that it erases them from the past and present, its just that its like their very being disappears. The cause is just as known as the cause for the weird global aurora borealis (which, I feel like had a name picked but I can't find it). Basically, completely unknown by all. As for the memory wipe, its somewhere between when they're missing and when they reappear.
SINDragon wrote:
Sure thing~

If we're talking about characters, I think I have one which works to some extent, I guess. There's nothing special to them in terms of 'powers', but I have three ideas that could suffice. One would be some form of telepathy, since they're a mute. Two would be the ability to become a literal battery to things, which isn't as shocking as you may think it may be ;D Just simply powering up machines, nothing more.

Or... They could mute people. I don't really know.

Maybe I should just stop...
I kinda like those ideas, honestly. I don't think you should stop
Not quite sure what my character will be XD
Doc wrote:
Oh, right. Whoops ^-^'
It's pretty much missing from existence. It's not that it erases them from the past and present, its just that its like their very being disappears. The cause is just as known as the cause for the weird global aurora borealis (which, I feel like had a name picked but I can't find it). Basically, completely unknown by all. As for the memory wipe, its somewhere between when they're missing and when they reappear.

So is the RP itself set right after the reappearance or does some time pass before we actually start? I'm a little confused by your idea's continuity. If it is set a little after, even if it is only by a few months, I feel like I'd be able to join with my character(s).
Doc Topic Starter

I've actually been thinking about when it'll take place as well. Actually, after rethinking it one last time, I realized 3 months is perfect in my eyes. Sorry about all the confusion!
Is tehre anything else you were needing help on?
Doc wrote:
I've actually been thinking about when it'll take place as well. Actually, after rethinking it one last time, I realized 3 months is perfect in my eyes. Sorry about all the confusion!

No problem, I'm all for helping out with brainstorming and refining ideas. I think 3 months would be an ample amount of time for my character(s) to have met. Though for sake of fairness I'll insinuate a lot of their history and limit myself to using just two.

This said, would this Anti-Empowered task force already be established for the first part or are they introduced later?
Would the Empowered government agencies be in place aswell?
Just a thought, but I don't think the Anti group would and should be quite... There, yet. Okay, maybe some people would be out there and such, but I think the main main antagonistical Anti group would be introduced later on, say, 9 months, give or take. Reason is because training to fight against super-powered people would take at least a decent amount of time, let alone specific ways to counteract them. Metal skin? Bullets won't do well. Might need something else. Oh, they can control minds? Need something to protect you.

Plus I don't think introducing the big Antagonist (For now, anyway) straight away is going to do the players any good. For something like this, in my opinion, you should let the characters adapt, learn about each other, explore possibilities, understand the setting, the rules and other things like that~ Just my thoughts, though.
SINDragon wrote:
Just a thought, but I don't think the Anti group would and should be quite... There, yet. Okay, maybe some people would be out there and such, but I think the main main antagonistical Anti group would be introduced later on, say, 9 months, give or take. Reason is because training to fight against super-powered people would take at least a decent amount of time, let alone specific ways to counteract them. Metal skin? Bullets won't do well. Might need something else. Oh, they can control minds? Need something to protect you.

Plus I don't think introducing the big Antagonist (For now, anyway) straight away is going to do the players any good. For something like this, in my opinion, you should let the characters adapt, learn about each other, explore possibilities, understand the setting, the rules and other things like that~ Just my thoughts, though.

I agree with this actually XD

EDIT: I think I also got an idea for two characters of my own. A technopath, and somebody with atomic powers

Plus it gives us some time to establish a few minor Empowered villains that might lead to the formation of these anti groups.
Any updates by chance Doc?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus