Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

There is a two character limit; so if you wanted to do both at anytime, you could.
Aright. Would we be allowed to make NPC's? Or are there gonna be set NPC's?
Reading through this (while at school earlier today) this reminded me of an idea I had waaaay earlier, one where, yes people could have elemental powers, but they could use them in other means than just fighting each other

This idea is quite great~ Although to fully grasp it all I'd probably need to read al of this again xD Need a few times to take it all in
If I'd ever join, I'd most likely be using Toffi with what I imagined for him in my own elemental thing, in which he'd be using the power of wind to run around and escape faster and in combat he'd create some wind to push and project others' attacks away from himself
0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T wrote:
Aright. Would we be allowed to make NPC's? Or are there gonna be set NPC's?
Not right away I don't think, usually NPCs are handled by GMs as they are required through the story, characters can interact with them but players should not have control or deciding choices of any kind over them.
Reima wrote:
Reading through this (while at school earlier today) this reminded me of an idea I had waaaay earlier, one where, yes people could have elemental powers, but they could use them in other means than just fighting each other

This idea is quite great~ Although to fully grasp it all I'd probably need to read al of this again xD Need a few times to take it all in
If I'd ever join, I'd most likely be using Toffi with what I imagined for him in my own elemental thing, in which he'd be using the power of wind to run around and escape faster and in combat he'd create some wind to push and project others' attacks away from himself
What a fascinating idea! I'm sure in this story there will be plenty of chances to use our powers creatively, either towards a solution, combat or for fun.

This said I'm not sure we're going to accept furry characters unless their powers are solely based upon having an animal form with the corresponding powers and abilities commonly associated with said animal. It would likely be either the animal form or the wind powers.

This all said we would prefer I a new character was made. Everyone else has the same expected of them.
I give up trying to make a new character... but I came up with a great idea for Archer. He uses shadow-manipulation, but when he uses it he slowly descends into madness. aka the power corrupts his mind. So at first he works with the government, but he starts acting more and more eccentric as he works, until they're not sure what to do with him. :P
I want to remind everyone that we all will be making new characters for this. No exceptions, no retrofitting. This will be a rule.
Doc Topic Starter

Gosh, you guys are always chatting when I'm busy. Thanks for sharing the info, Virus. I wanted to add that, in regards to the character limit, if two characters come from the same source entity (such as a guy who duplicates or two characters that used to be one) then that counts as one character, but they need to have displayed the separation DURING the story of the RP. If your character creates entities, they are pay of your character but musn't be allowed to act as their own independent character (such add going around town, living on their own, getting a job) without them being a separate character created by the first. Basically, this would take up both slots.

Also, I'm scribbling down a terrifically crappy drawing of the city and would like to know if you guys have any ideas for interesting places or monuments for it to have. Currently, there's only a group of large statues making it look like there's a giant sitting in the ground. It's a giant head and shoulders and two giant hands known altogether as the "Loving Giant".
*Has mental picture of Gotham styled giant statues everywhere*

Currently I don't Though I do have an idea on how to divide the Districts each group of Empowered controls.

Is the group made?
Doc Topic Starter

No, not yet, unless virus sneakily did. : P
Also, what do you mean by districts the empowered control?
Doc wrote:

Last I knew, SIN said they were working on that. Though I could throw one together pretty quickly after I get off of work.
Doc wrote:

Earlier in someone's post it was mentioned that some groups of Empowered would live in specific districts in the city.

Regardless I forgot the idea DX
SINDragon wrote:
Are we making this a Group? If so, as a suggestion, why not have like... Districts, in which these little groups inhabit? We could make certain Forums said areas/districts, and people can make threads where their little groups that they've made with other interact, and have random soloists come and go and such? And say there could be Announcements that may affect all in a certain District/Area, saying 'Such and Such are coming through ThisPlace to search for Empowered'. At least, something like that.

Is this what you're looking for?

Also, Virus, about having to make a new character, I've filled all slots and do not wish to delete any character whatsoever, seeing as I do have plans for most of them (Not the character I'm wanting to use, but I'll get to that in a second). I wish to ask if it's alright if I alter a character that I haven't really used at all. Other than the fact that I don't want to get rid of them, I think I'm very limited as to what I can do creation-wise, as mentioned before. I can't access widgets, nor edit certain remaining ones, so... Yeah.
I suppose if you want to repurpose a character that hasn't seen much use would be fine so long as it remains the character that you will be using solely for the group.

If you are able to hand over as many rights to Doc and I as far as editing the group goes I can finish up an everything else tonight. Send me an invite, then I can get to work.
...Whelp, this doesn't look good for me XD

Sadly, this might not be my year. I guess I'll have to pop in next year :P
SINDragon wrote:
...Whelp, this doesn't look good for me XD

Sadly, this might not be my year. I guess I'll have to pop in next year :P

I'm not sure I follow.
What do you mean by "next year"?
I could easily buy you a spare character slot if you want it, no strings attached.
I'll be sure to get my characters' profile/profiles up later today :3
0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T wrote:
I'll be sure to get my characters' profile/profiles up later today :3

Coolcoolcool
It's not that my friend, it's simply the fact I cannot join the group XD

Sorrrrrrrryyyyy
SINDragon wrote:
It's not that my friend, it's simply the fact I cannot join the group XD

Sorrrrrrrryyyyy

I still don't understand, why can't you join a group? ^^'
I'm 15, you see XD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus