Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

SINDragon wrote:
I'm 15, you see XD
Oh, I forgot to reset the age limit settings... Lemme fix that!

EDIT: New invite has been sent!
Thanks! ^^;
This is looking to be a interesting concept soon to be reality! I do have a question though. I'm a little confused on what exactly would count as a 'passive' power?
katparker wrote:
This is looking to be a interesting concept soon to be reality! I do have a question though. I'm a little confused on what exactly would count as a 'passive' power?

Passive meaning always active in some form or fashion but usually something that is small. Like lie detection, self levitation, enhanced reflexes, etc.
Doc Topic Starter

Dang it something, send me more emails notifying me of thread replies! Grrr

Ok, so for future reference...

Offensive is a power type that focuses more on attacking and damaging, such as fire breath, laser eyes, blade arms.
Defensive is a power type that focuses more on defending and protecting, such as force fields, metal skin, repel skin.
Passive is a power type that has no focus, such as telepathy, super strength, and flight.

You can have an Offensive power and use it defensively, such as using blade arms as a makeshift shield, but that cannot be its type nor main focus. Try to be creative with this, though!
Doc wrote:
Dang it something, send me more emails notifying me of thread replies! Grrr

Or just check more often? XD
Doc Topic Starter

I should actually do that, yeah.
My characters aren't necessarily furries by any means. To be honest, they're all just as human as they are furry, I just can't draw humans, at all

So... Creating a new character for this is forced? As in, I need to sack a character slot just for this?
Reima wrote:
My characters aren't necessarily furries by any means. To be honest, they're all just as human as they are furry, I just can't draw humans, at all

So... Creating a new character for this is forced? As in, I need to sack a character slot just for this?

Don't think it is just you, everyone is making a new character. But if you see it like that...
Oh well, I've gotten inspired to create a character just for this
Although I have like 1000 characters already

But I'm depating on the power. A part of me doesn't want to put the whole wind power on someone else than Toffi because it was kind of like his thing
So... I have some drawing things, and I'm inspired on them
And so... How would a character, that has somewhat of a void like inside? They can summon weapons from inside of them, like pull a sword from their side or a bow from their chest
Summoning them would of course hurt somewhat and such

But... Is that too random?
Are we talking about an actual void like outer space or a personal storage pocket dimension?
Sounds like a personal pocket dimension to me. though the way it's described sounds like the removed content is possibly random? I could be reading too much into that though.
More like a storage system/pocket dimension, but it works in a way that the character thinks of a thing and it starts to appear from somewhere, but they can only 'call out' to certain items
And as the item starts to appear outside of the body, the character needs to grab it and pull it out. This will, however, feel like the exact thing would be done to their insides - like a sword is pulled out and it feels like it's cutting their insides although the process itself causes no actual physical harm to the person
And his ability to call out these weapons is therefor quite limited. No bazooka will come out anytime soon
How about a limit as to what can and can't be pulled out/put in?

I'm thinking about a size limit and possibly where this pocket can appear. How about instead of a person it has to be from a reflective surface? The more reflective the surface the easier it is to pull and push things into this dimension? But it is limited by the size and shape of the surface.
I'll be writing a list of those once I get to it
Mostly just bladed weapons though
And the only modern weapon he can summon/use is a handgun, and that needs to come out of his mouth. So yea, Limited

I had a dream where I could pass into another dimension through reflective surfaces. The smaller the surface the more you needed to focus. So as a newbie, I usually used windows and mirrors, but even still at times failed

I dunno though... What kind of limit things ould that have? Drawbacks?
I'd rather we stay away from fire arms or bladed weapons unless your power relies on those things. This is supposed to stretch your imagination - no short cuts.

Your drawback would be the more distorted or dirty the reflection the harder it is to push into or take from your pocket dimension. Plus you can't endlessly fill it with things, there will be a limit as to how much can go in and how large the storage area is. But the more you develop your power the more you can store.

Sound good?
Mmmmm.... He'll be completelly useless if the 'whatever shiny thing he carries as a summoning device' is broken
I can't remember. What year was this all on? Aaaaaaaand how is 'pulling weapons out of yourself' not using one's imagination? Oh well, it's 3:30 in the Morning, been working on sketching his looks for a few good 5 hours or so now, probably can't think straight at this hour
Nevertheless, he's coming together as a nice complex character in my head and on paper already, we'll see
If I may make a suggestion, maybe he can open multiple portals at a time? Ofcourse there'd be a limit and all, but that'd be helpful, especially with a fight in a city.
@Reima: That would be your character's concern, but a GM is always fair and offers solutions to problems. The RP itself isn't set at a specific time, I don't believe, but it will be around current day (modern) or in the near future. I would prefer not to argue if it is all the same to you. If you have any concerns or questions please notify me or Doc via PM. When you feel you are ready let me know and I will get the registration process started.

@0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T: Multiple portals at the same time to the same place? A singular and limited space where objects are stored mind you. This to me does not make too much sense. Sure the portal can be accessed anywhere a reflection can be found, but not all over the place...
I find it funny how my character maches these pretty well
tumblr_moxmhscJ9P1r3vcx5o1_500.png

Considering that the original original Original idea had to do with their fears and such

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus