Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

Virus wrote:
@Reima: That would be your character's concern, but a GM is always fair and offers solutions to problems. The RP itself isn't set at a specific time, I don't believe, but it will be around current day (modern) or in the near future. I would prefer not to argue if it is all the same to you. If you have any concerns or questions please notify me or Doc via PM. When you feel you are ready let me know and I will get the registration process started.

@0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T: Multiple portals at the same time to the same place? A singular and limited space where objects are stored mind you. This to me does not make too much sense. Sure the portal can be accessed anywhere a reflection can be found, but not all over the place...

O I meant in place of storing stuff in the pocket dimension
Reima wrote:
I find it funny how my character maches these pretty well
tumblr_moxmhscJ9P1r3vcx5o1_500.png

Considering that the original original Original idea had to do with their fears and such

I'm not sure I am understanding you correctly, what are your current plans?
0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T wrote:
O I meant in place of storing stuff in the pocket dimension

That would be Reima's decision, portals by themselves would be fine - but a quirk would still be needed.
You know, Doc's original idea had all to do with phobias and fears

What I am doing currently is working on the character profile, it's all just a big w.i.p.

Had to cut there because of train ticket checking - I swear, they always take ages and then come at the worst possible moment

Anyway, back to the character and such~
What I have so far can be found here~ I'm still going with the whole weapon summoning idea, to me it's more unique and creative than just being able to create fireballs or the ability of flight or levitation. I'll need some clearance on few things though

How exactly does Day one (what was it called that started this spreading of abilities?) go? As in, do we have a knowledge on what caused it? How did it happen? It just randomly chose people if I remember right (my memory is terrible), but did it happen in some specific way? And after that they just suddenly disappear and appear at a completely other place, right?

And then another question: which category does this ability of summoning weapons belong to? He can use them to offensive tasks, they are weapons after all and sometimes you just need to cut off the people standing on your way. But due to the drawback of it either hurting him (if through the body) or just making him tire easier (if through the object/slab he carries with himself) he tries to avoid calling/summoning them unless it is absolutely necessary aka most likely only summons them when he needs to defend himself
I'm a bit on the ? with it
Which category would you put them in?

Oh oh! And I'm also super curious on learning about the characters of you other guys~ I always like to know what kinds of things other people cone up with :3
@Reima: While I do realize the fear aspect of the initial RP idea drew people it has since been retcon-ed and will no longer be a factor at all in this group.

I have to stop you right there with the "weapon summoning" until you fully describe how these weapon come into being. I cannot accept that they will be taken from nothingness and only you know what all you have.

I can however offer some solutions. Have you considered solid energy constructs or using material (blood, bone, etc) as weapons? As you've described your character's powers so far I do not approve of having potentially limitless weapons and firepower at anyone's disposal at the drop of a hat. These weapons you have must come from somewhere and must have strict limits.

And there will be no guns of any sort, not even for "emergency use only"; I can already see that being taken advantage of.

As for your questions about the plot you will have to ask Doc, though I believe that they are still finalizing on the specifics.

These weapons would be an offensive ability.

My characters will have gravity manipulation and logic/emotion division that will lead two beings of logic and emotion that will have psionics and emotion-based growth respectively.
I somehow - for the 5th time - feel like you hate me for some reason

Ok then
The character himself = normal human

Ability/Skill = Weapon summoning

Drawbacks = Immense pain for the duration of the summoning, this is eased a bit when the slab is used as the means of summoning the weapon through - although the pain that is taken from the body is directed towards his head
Weapons will disappear/no longer exist if - the character faints, falls asleep or loses their focus on keeping the weapon there
The weapons can't be summoned if the character is too weak for it (which is rather easy to happen in the end) or if he can't focus on the summoning

The summoning of many weapons at a time is possible, for example to give everyone in a group a weapon so that they'd be able to fight off a thread. But summoning infinite weapons is impossible + they can't be summoned from Everywhere. The character will become more unstable and dizzy the more weapons he summons. At a certain point he will go unconscious and all the effort of summoning these weapons will have gone to waste as they'll disappear upon him getting knocked out.

Anything else you want cleared? What makes you not accept what I come up with? What is wrong with it?
He was wanting to know what the weapons are made of, aswell as what kinds of weapons can be summoned.
I have a list in the profile of what weapons can and can not be summoned. I can take the gun out for this RP and have it not being able to be summoned, but I will keep it there for other RPs that I might want to use him in

They are just regular weapons, colored in gold and crimson tones
There is nothing special about them (no fire or flame, no electrical currencies, no plasma additions, nothing) the only special thong about them is that they appear to be as good and sharp as newly crafted weapons

And they are like any other weapon, made of metal and such. Metal and such because that is how he imagines them and then puts his sanity and pain tolerance on then
We can say that they're partly crafted of his blood to keep them connected to him and add to the dizzyness factor if you want
Blood has iron in it, and iron is used most commonly in sword making. So that makes sense.

On a side note, it would only take about 400 adult males to forge a sword from their blood.
I'm sorry it seems like I am being tough but I have a strict standard set in place for this setting. One that will not be bent or broken.

As is, I cannot allow weapons to be pulled/summoned from imagination just because your character says so. Even with the quirk that you have set in place. It breaks the laws of conservation of matter and energy. Something simply cannot be formed from nothing, that is a God-like power - in other words it is OP.

I like you weapon idea, I do, but these weapons have to be formed some how that isn't through summoning / will-over-reality. Please, I urge you to consider trying blood, bone or energy construct weapons.
I know the human body can't take a lot of losing blood until it's out of order. As Ash pointed out, it'd take 400 adult males to make one, so... Not too sure on how that'd go for one person
I will be adding the blood ties/connection to explain the thing, but I'm not sure if I'll be joining this thing in the end. It might seem like it's a whole lot of trouble to just, .... I don't know how to even put it down. I guess sometimes super stritch things might not be for me

And I thought this was Doc's idea? Like, the whole concept was made by him but others helped as it was requested? Anyway, I'll try to just take my time with this instead of rushing. Although I'm more inspired than I ever thought on working on this character (seriously, if I draw a thing for 3 days straight it must truly mean something to me) so yea. And I would like some human art for them so I'll need to put up art trade offers and everything eventually
Better to take your time than rush things up~

Aaanyway, we'll see where this goes~
Reima wrote:
I know the human body can't take a lot of losing blood until it's out of order. As Ash pointed out, it'd take 400 adult males to make one, so... Not too sure on how that'd go for one person
I will be adding the blood ties/connection to explain the thing, but I'm not sure if I'll be joining this thing in the end. It might seem like it's a whole lot of trouble to just, .... I don't know how to even put it down. I guess sometimes super stritch things might not be for me

And I thought this was Doc's idea? Like, the whole concept was made by him but others helped as it was requested? Anyway, I'll try to just take my time with this instead of rushing. Although I'm more inspired than I ever thought on working on this character (seriously, if I draw a thing for 3 days straight it must truly mean something to me) so yea. And I would like some human art for them so I'll need to put up art trade offers and everything eventually
Better to take your time than rush things up~

Aaanyway, we'll see where this goes~

Maybe the weapons summoned aren't just generated in the pocket dimension? Maybe your character has to put the weapons in there?
I'm not sure about that. He's a thief and all, but really. Having it be the same X that gets summoned, be it for just one at a time or Y at a time, when it breaks it's going to be gone. And anyhow when it's summoned, it's not going to be in a good condition. And then he'd need to steal another one
Yes, it follows the physics and material things and yadda yadda along that line... But let's be honest, he'd not work in any sort of group in that way - not that he likes it even now, but still. And I thought the people were going to form a group?
And the ability would be kinda sorta pointless
- Going to risk one's live to get a weapon
- Go through immense pain to summon that weapon
- Weapon breaks
- You die
Reima wrote:
I'm not sure about that. He's a thief and all, but really. Having it be the same X that gets summoned, be it for just one at a time or Y at a time, when it breaks it's going to be gone. And anyhow when it's summoned, it's not going to be in a good condition. And then he'd need to steal another one
Yes, it follows the physics and material things and yadda yadda along that line... But let's be honest, he'd not work in any sort of group in that way - not that he likes it even now, but still. And I thought the people were going to form a group?
And the ability would be kinda sorta pointless
- Going to risk one's live to get a weapon
- Go through immense pain to summon that weapon
- Weapon breaks
- You die

Well, outside of the energy construct thing Virus mentioned I can't really think of much else.
Doc Topic Starter

Reima.

I'm sorry I have not helped you sooner, I had been working on an important essay for my college classes, but I feel as if I should step in here. Or rather, I should have sooner but wasn't able to until now.

The concept was created by me but finalized with the help of others, especially Virus who happens to be a resident master of sorts.

Day One of the New Era is when empowered people appear after being missing for a full year. Now with powers in exchange for the memories unique to them (such as names, families, ideas, and interests), the people are appearing in different places than where they were last seen. The RP takes place several (3 to be exact) months later around the 2010's to 2020's. Not all empowered people have developed their powers fully if at all. None of the people have anything in common that could be used to find out why they were picked in particular.

Also, if you're dead set on weapon summons, you're best off going with constructs like Virus said.
So I found a most interesting wiki that might help generate power ideas =D

Superpower wiki?
katparker wrote:
So I found a most interesting wiki that might help generate power ideas =D

Superpower wiki?

That Wikia is my superpower bible. XD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Need Help With This RP Concept!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus