Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Well, hi.

I have absolutely no idea how this is gonna go so here goes anyway.

I don't have an awful lot of RP experience behind me. I remember playing in a few in the forums of a game in 2012 or so but there was never really much interest. I picked back up in 2015 on a new site and the first one I did was... to put it bluntly, a bit of a disaster. Luckily, since then, I'd like to think I've improved in my RPing ability and become better at it overall.

I think this is the first dedicated RP site I've joined, so I'll probably take a few days to wrap my head round everything before I start adding characters etc. I'm hoping that I can have fun here and simulaneously increase my RPing experience further.

Anyway, hope I did that right. Here's to the future, I guess!
Welcome to one of the friendliest places on the internet! Don't worry and take your time. If you need any help, feel free to ask here and in the help tab at the top of the screen. The help tab is great for FAQs and such. :3
Welcome to RPR! Don't be afraid to jump right in, everyone had to start somewhere! Everyone here is so friendly, I'm sure you'll have new RP buddies in no time! :D
Hi, and welcome to RPR! You made a great choice in choosing RPR! Everything here is very friendly, and great at roleplaying! I hope you have a great time here! ^.^
Hi, and welcome to the site! The site itself might be all about that RP, but the community itself is super friends. Try looking in on the chat, and you'll find that we discuss a lot that has nothing to do with RP as well ;)

I hope you'll have fun!
Hi,

welcome to RPR :) If you think you could benefit from a little help starting out, here's a link to a guide: http://www.rprepository.com/help/getting-started-guide

I hope you have fun here!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! So glad to have you with us on the site. :)

I think a few people may have recommended this primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place already, but just in case, I'm gonna say it again! :D Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

When it comes to starting RPs, most people start in the Looking For RP forum to find some other players. There's also a search tool that will help you find what you're looking for within that forum - click "Find RP" in the top menu, then "join game" then scroll to the bottom to adjust your preferences for game types. If you want more info on using that search tool, here's a handy help article.

If you end up joining someone else's RP, they'll let you know the details about how to join in.

If you're starting up your own RP, you have a few choices about how to proceed once you've found a RP partner or two.
  1. You can just create a RP topic on one of our 3 public RP forums: General Roleplay, Sci-Fi Roleplay and Fantasy RP. Keep in mind that because these areas are public, you'll have to make sure the RP stays in the PG-13ish range.
  2. You can choose to RP via private messages, and just create a new conversation thread with all your RP partners as recipients. Since this is private, the only rules that tend to apply are not to do OOC illegal things and be nice to your RP partners OOC.
  3. If you're going to have a whole lot of people in your RP, or the RP setting is going to be very strictly defined and you want to have a place to store world building information alongside it, you might consider starting your own group. This gives you access to profile building tools for the group, but also to creating your very own forums!
  4. In some cases, you and your RP partner might even decide to use some other messenger or game to RP on.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

This is a pretty big site with a lot of features and areas, so if you have questions or curiosities, there's a couple things you can try. Firstly, sometimes just typing a question into the search box will get you the info you need, or you can check the help section. If you still need more help, our community is wonderfully friendly. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions!
There is really no right or wrong way to introduce oneself~ And don't worry, if you just keep trying you'll get better :3

Welcome to the site~
Welcome to RPR. :) We're pretty chill here, so no worries. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask. If you'd rather just take some time to explore, that's totally cool too. ^_^

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Well, hi.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus