Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: RPR Food!

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Amirrora wrote:
It was a very yummy cake. Devil's chocolate food cake, with milk chocolate icing. Filled with Cream Cheese icing, and the letters written in cream cheese icing. Topped with rainbow bit sprinkles. Tasted sooo good.

WHOA, decadence! :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I want some :(
TheLily

I can't have creme cheese icing :( Maybe I'll make a cake too. I'll have to see my buget, since I'm already buying stuff for a stew tomorrow night :)

TheLily wrote:
I can't have creme cheese icing :( Maybe I'll make a cake too. I'll have to see my buget, since I'm already buying stuff for a stew tomorrow night :)

Please don't break your budget just for us! I loved the entry that you gave us. :)
I'm still cursing the deadline. I won't be able to make the 'masterpiece' I had in mind. But love the entries put in, they're all so cool! :D
Claine Moderator

Here's my second attempt. This is TF2 themed bento.

nOoCf.jpg
Dragonfire wrote:
The crust recipe is my own secret recipe, and is better and flakier than your grandma's crust.

I PITY THE FOO' THAT DOUBTS MY GRANDMOMMA'S CRUSTS!

And, Lily -- THAT POTION! I'm so jealous I didn't think of it.. *goes to craft a lifesized Link out of gumpaste*
Ok, here goes. I've actually got two entries. The first one is actually posted in honor of Jay (shh, don't tell him hehe.)

This is a dish that Jay makes, that is referenced in every single RP that he and I have ever had, and to all of his current RP partners, I'm sure that it will pop up in yours too, if it hasn't already.
It's a simple ham dish- ham, beer, butter, and pepper, all fried together in a pan. Easy, delicious, and holds a special place in RP land because- as I said- none of his RPs are complete without it. :D

txbgp.jpg
And my second entry is my own. Save the best for last, right? ;) Just kidding, babe. <3

I've decided to do a set of homemade flavored vodkas. They're to be used both for cooking and mixing drinks, because yes, some of the flavors would be weird to drink- but not to cook with. I love to cook with booze. :D There's a big variety of flavors, to represent the huge variety of people here at RPR. I've gotten to meet some really neat people in my short amount of time here, and really hope to get to talk to you more and get to know you! I wanted to include something for everyone, so here's the list of flavors:

Mint Chocolate Tea
Ginger
Green Tea
Cinnamon Roll
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
Peppermint Tea
Cinnamon
Black Jellybean
Lemon Pepper
Garlic
Marshmallow
Parmesean Cheese
Coffee
Cocoa
Bacon
Honey
Crasin

sgD10.jpg
TheLily

2rc1u34.jpg This is the cake I made. It would have looked much better if I hadn't dropped it, ended up losing control of my thumb and stabbing it.

Incase you're wondering it's D&D stats for one of the characters I don't use here. I challanged myself to use the dice in the order and got Dex= 11, Str = 9, Con = 8, Wis = 13, Int = 15 and Cha = 11.

8vndhc.jpg This is the stew I made. It's got cubed meat, beef stock, three huge potatoes, carrots, corn, an onion and I left it to cook ALL night. The meat is super tender. AND it comes with a description!

As you enter the tavern, wary from your travels, you can smell the stew. It's been days since you've had a hot meal. Resting your tired bones, you put your pack beneath the table. You keep your weapons on you, unwilling to be disarmed in this strange place. The warmth of the fire is comforting and you begin to relax. You order when the pretty barmaid comes over and hand her your coin. She's all smiles and a bit of a flirt to everyone in the tavern.
In a large bowl she places a steaming stew beside you and a piece of bread. Your ale comes next, being slipped down in front of you, "Enjoy." You eat heartily, enjoying the taste of a warm meal.
Mmmm now that I'm sitting down with deliciousness that this contest inspired I'll share lol.

578204_10150703212727621_610762620_9674135_2036236678_n.jpg

My entry is Ramen! More specifically Ramen in homage to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, the game.

At the Frying Tengu you can purchase Ramen for the low price of 5.95 but check out it's stats HP +40, GP +40, XP +32, SPD +2.

Anyway onto the recipe.

Homemade Frying Tengu Ramen

8 Packs of Oriental Style Ramen Noodles (This is for a family of 3 and lasts 2 days.)
6 Chicken Breasts - Sliced into cubes
3 Whole Portobello Mushrooms - 1 sliced into thin pieces the other two cubed
1 Package Green Onions - Chopped into small pieces and split between the two pots
Soy Sauce
White Rum
Crushed Red Pepper
Chinese 5 Spice
2 Teaspoons Diced Garlic - One in the pot for the broth and one in the wok for the meat
Rosemary
Celery Salt
Cinnamon
Ramen Flavor Packs - 4 in the broth and 4 in the meat

This recipe takes about an hour, faster if you are used to it.
I start off by getting 8 cups of water into a stock pot.
Add four of the flavor packs; a pinch of 5 Spice, crushed red pepper, celery salt, cinnamon, rosemary; teaspoon of garlic; sliced mushrooms; diced onions.
Let them sit with a lid boiling while the chicken cooks.

In the wok (you can use a skillet but I prefer the wok) add 1/8th cup soy sauce; shot of rum; 4 flavor packs; pinch of 5 spice, red pepper, celery salt, cinnamon, rosemary; teaspoon of garlic; diced mushrooms; diced onions.
Cook this until the mushrooms start to take on the color of the soy sauce, then add the chicken.
Let this mixture cook down until the chicken etc. absorbs the sauce.

Add the ramen and the chicken mixture to the pot, relid and let boil for 8-10 minutes.

Serve!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Here's mine. Han Solo frozen in chocolonite ;)

chocolonite.jpg
Han Solo was always yummy, but this just makes him plain delicious! ;)
Nice job, Darth :D That is awesome
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Thanks Celestina! :D

These ones are just chocolate but I'm thinking about getting some ground up ingredients for the next batch :)

This contest was even better than I could have imagined. Thank you so much for the incredible submissions, guys.

This contest is now closed, and judging (and continuous munchies) will begin. I'll be announcing winners and prizes very soon; stay tuned! :D
All of the entries were super cool- great job everyone, and good luck! I really enjoyed seeing everyone's entries!

This was a HARD choice. I have been drooling and tabulating for days and days.

In first place: Captain Cassie, for her amazing set of flavored vodkas that represent the diversity of the community. I had NO IDEA you could make vodka that tastes like Parmesan cheese! A great deal of work on a wonderfully thematic concept. Cassie also gifted us with the recipe for a ham dish that has appeared in a number of RPs between her and Jay.

In second place: Claine, for charmingly nerdy Bento lunches. Totoro is cute, but I'm still trying to figure out how she managed to recreate a man running with a machete - complete with fingers - in seaweed.

In third Place: TheLily gave us quite the range of entries! From a real life health potion to a D&D stat cake to a stew designed to immerse your tastebuds in the adventuring life style, she demonstrated how to do a main course, a beverage, and a dessert in true nerdly style!

In fourth place: Rubix made some mouth wateringly delicious sounding ramen with unusual twists. Follow his recipe and let us know if it gives you those amazing stat boosts that the Scott Pilgrim cs. The World video game promises!

In fifth place: Amirrora baked us a classic birthday cake! I was so hoping someone would make us a cake for our birthday. It sounded genuinely delicious!

Since there was no sixth qualifying entry and we have six prizes, I'm very happy to be able to give Dragonfire an honorable mention for her insanely accurate and mouth-watering portal cake. Even though it was made a few years back, her nerdly artistry certainly deserves some recognition. Thanks so much for sharing Dragonfire, it blew my mind. :)

WINNERS: You're going to get a chance to pick your prizes, in the order of your awards. Once a prize has been picked, it can't be picked again. CaptainCassie, you get first choice!
  1. A DVD of 7 RPR Adventure shorts, signed by Kim and Darth_Angelus (Awarded to Amirrora)
  2. 6 month epic membership (Awarded to Claine, who gave it to Copper_Dragon)
  3. 3 month epic membership (Awarded to Rubix, who gave it to Kyra45)
  4. A map of the world of RPR, signed by Kim (as seen in the Epic Anniversary Adventure Movie!) (Awarded to TheLily)
  5. A set of RPR bookmarks (Awarded to Dragonfire)
  6. 3 extra character slots (Awarded to CaptainCassie)
Oh my goodness, thank you so much!

I'd actually like the extra character slots. I think the epic memberships should go to someone who would get more use out of them then I would- but I've been considering making character pages for all of my RP characters in hopes of getting to play with some of them, and this would be a perfect start.

Eee, I'm so excited!! Thank you so much!
*dances around*

Again, though, everyone else's entries were awesome too, so I'm so flattered!!
Claine Moderator

Eee I can't believe I got second place. There we so many good entries and I was really scared about my chances :D

So I get to pick next? Can I please have 6 months of Epic, but could you please give it to Copper_Dragon. She could really use it :)

Alakazam, your wishes are granted! :D That was very generous, Claine.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: RPR Food!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus