Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Epic Poetry

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Winners:

In first place: TheLily
Lily went all out. She wrote couplets, limericks and experimental poems, all exploring different aspects of roleplay communities. Her beautiful tale of getting lost in her imagination while RPing late into the night, only to be interrupted in a way so very familiar to most gamers, was particularly eye catching for me. But she also delved into difficult topics, such as the heart break of good RPs being broken up and beloved characters being retired when too much drama occurs in a RP group. She took this assignment seriously and explored it from all angles, profound and humorous. This is a well deserved win for Lily.

Second place: CelestinaGrey
Celestina battled her way through a bout of writer's block to bring us the tale of Error Undefined! It's clear she worked hard to mimic the style of real epic poems, complete with a blend of metaphorical monsters and larger than life figures. No Celestina, it's not bragging to say you're proud of your work. We're proud of it too!

Third place: Trickster
The fastest poet in the land, Trickster managed to combine Haiku, Tenka, Limerick and rhyming couplets into a single poem. Every stanza was a different style of poetry, and yet they all blended together to form one cohesive story! Whoa; that's one heck of a metaphor.

Fourth place: CookieLurv
Perhaps one of the most upbeat entries we had this year, CookieLurv's poem about how the RPR changed her social circle and her sleeping habits tickled me to the core.

Fifth place: Sanne
The topic of Sanne's poem was truly epic: Her own quest to report every bug ever in existence. Based on a 100% true story, let me tell you. Her rhyming even through a language barrier deserves special recognition.

Six place: Drayle88
Drayle88 brings us a personal ode to three of the women who have made the biggest difference in his time on the RPR. That's kudos in an epic form! And I like to think a small sample of the individual relationships that a place like this can foster and strengthen.

Prizes:
  • A DVD that contains all 7 episodes of the RPR anniversary movie, signed by both Darth_Angelus and Kim (Awarded to CelestinaGrey)
  • 6 month epic membership (Awarded to Sanne)
  • 3 extra pages (Awarded to Drayle88)
  • 5 extra character slots (Awarded to CookieLurv)
  • Set of RPR bookmarks
  • 12 month epic membership (Awarded to TheLily)
  • A map of the world of RPR, signed by Kim (as seen in the Epic Anniversary Adventure Movie!) (Awarded to Shawn)

The first place winner will get to pick any one of these prizes. Then second place picks from the remaining prizes, then third, etc. There's 7 prizes and only 6 entrants, so even the person who goes last will have some choice.

TheLily, you are first! What catches your eye?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Congratulations to the winners! :D
TheLily

12 month membership. It took some thought, but it'll be best put to use here. <3 Thank you so much! I'm glad I had all that pent up emotion XD

TheLily wrote:
12 month membership. It took some thought, but it'll be best put to use here. <3 Thank you so much! I'm glad I had all that pent up emotion XD

It must have been a tough choice! The 12 months are yours. :)

Celestina, what would you like? :)
I know I've been pining for some extra character slots, but I would love that DVD! :D Thank you so much, I'm so glad you liked my entry! Thank you! <3

And major congrats to the others too! :D
Trickster

So there I was hauling my winnings over to the pawn shop to get some cash for my swag, but it turns out there's not much I can get for 'the option to pick a prize on RPRepository'.

Shawn can pick something off the list instead. Because she's the one who came up when I hit Random Character and she has accolades on her page.
Trickster wrote:
So there I was hauling my winnings over to the pawn shop to get some cash for my swag, but it turns out there's not much I can get for 'the option to pick a prize on RPRepository'.

Shawn can pick something off the list instead. Because she's the one who came up when I hit Random Character and she has accolades on her page.

TRICKSTER! YOU'RE SUCH A... ... well.. you're name as of current does not suit you but BECAUSE I SUDDENLY WANT THAT MAP LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS... I accept your prize pass...And now.. I have to pay it forward. TO THE SHAWN CAVE - for PLOTTINGS.
Sanne Moderator

YAY!! Congrats to everyone who won!! I didn't think I'd place. XD Gosh.

CookieLurv still has to pick their prize, but before I forget to do so myself, I'd either like 6 months of epicness or 5 character slots. :) I'd like both equally as much, so it doesn't matter to me which one CookieLurv picks (if it's one of those!)!

I can't seem to get in touch with CookieLurv. Does anyone know her off-site who could give her a reminder? :)
thank you guys for waiting for me. I been working so hard lately. And I didn't really expect to really win lol, but proved myself wrong. Anyhow. I really think the character slots would fit me fine. I really have no use for the membership since I cant be on as much as i want to and six months will go by in a blur. So, may I have the slots if its okay?

Of course you may! The slots have been added to your account. :)

And Sanne picked the 6 month membership, so we've arrived at Drayle!
Thank you :3 I always did want more slots

Glad you entered. :D

Drayle picked the page slots. Huzzah!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Epic Poetry

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus