Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Tavern [CLOSED]

Ildris Dreamweaver (played anonymously)

Ildris flinched, diving for cover under one of the vacated tables before he realized something was protecting him from the harsh flash of power. It was over just as quickly as it began, all that was remaining being a pile of ash that was once his pseudodragon. Slowly, he stood back up and walked over to the table, scooping up a handful of the ash and dropping it back on the table.

"You impulsive brat," he muttered under his breath, "You do this every time we run into some unexpected mogul." He shook his head and pulled out a small, empty leather pouch from a pocket inside his coat. Scooping a bit of the ashes in it, he pulled the drawstrings shut and tucked it back in his pocket.

"Guess I'll have to figure my way back by myself," he spoke half to himself, heading towards the tavern door.
Sauron Runecaster (played by Sauron_Runecaster) Topic Starter

Sauron looked at Ildris as he began to leave, and kicked a chair out at his table, enough for someone to sit. He spoke now with a voice that was softer, more caring, motioning to the chair as he spoke.

"Please, sit. You have shown me respect, and I would like to return that respect with a drink. Besides, I doubt you'll find your way back home without any assistance."

Sauron knew that the only way out of this demi-plane was with magic. And if this man didn't know how he got here, then it was likely that he lacked the sufficient skill to do it himself. He set the chalice down in front of the seat he offered, the chalice seeming to come from nowhere, and smiled gently at him.

Ildris looked up, tilting his head at the man in confusion. Hadn't he just vaporized his dragon? He slowly turned around and took the chair, sitting down with some measure of distrust.

"I mean, now that my first assistance is a pile of ashes..." he mumbled. He felt horribly awkward sitting across from the guy he'd only minutes earlier meant to steal from, and he was still trying to stop himself from glancing at the open bags and unguarded bets around the tavern. He chose to focus instead on the chalice, keeping his hands folded in his lap.

"My name's Ildris," he finally spoke up again, "And forget about the dragon. He normally isn't that annoying."

He gave a courteous nod to Ildris as he introduced himself, and leaned back in his chair a bit, obviously relaxing.

"Please pardon my rather abrupt display. I knew that the thing was easy enough for you to return, otherwise I'd have taken other measures, albiet longer measures, to ensure that situation was resolved in a less taxing manner."

His voice was suddenly very regal, much like a king speaking to another king at a most important negotiation. He stood at this point, giving a small bow to the man that sat before him.

"I am Sauron Runecaster, Planeswalker, Leader of the Guilds of Lycosia, King to many realms, and quite a few other titles that I'm sure would bore you. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ildris."

"Likewise Sauron, er, Sir Runecaster?" Ildris responded. He pulled the pouch of ashes out of his pocket and set it on the table, tying the drawstrings together. "That's a rather impressive list you have. Most people address me on a profanity-only basis." He stated this rather indifferently, only cracking a grin and a laugh a moment later.

The Runecaster fellow was awfully well mannered, and now that he put some thought to it, Ildris deemed it doubtful that he was lying about any of it. "But, I don't believe I've heard of your guild. You must be from pretty far away from where is live," he said. "Then again, we are on a separate plane right now, evidently."

He picked up his chalice, noting that Ildris apparently did not want any, and sipped from it lightly, allowing his free hand to rest casually on the pommel of his blade.

"Sauron will do just fine. As for my titles, when you've lived as long as I have, titles mean nothing."

He chuckled a bit, looking down at Ildris and holding up his hand for a moment.

"No, we're on the same plane. It just happens to be a different plane than where you're from. I'm going to get some food, would you like anything?"

Ildris nodded, taking a moment to mull over the information in his head and organize it into a coherent conclusion. "Oh, sure," he responded, "I'll eat anything as long as it isn't horribly foreign. Or poisonous."

Admittedly, he still felt nervous around Sauron, considering he was a king and obviously far more powerful than he'd anticipated. Authority had always had that effect on him; he just hated the feeling of being under the figurative thumb, even if nothing was really being enforced on him.

He untied the strings on the pouch again, looking at the ashes inside. He really did have a love-hate relationship with that temperamental dragon.

Sauron laughed at his half-hearted joke. Most people wouldn't willingly eat something poisonous. He moved up to the bar, and ordered two steak plates, complete with vegetables, mead, and a bread and cheese plate. He moved back over to the table, sitting down and sipping from his chalice again.

"The food should be up momentarily. I must ask, why do you seem so nervous?"

Ildris left the pouch alone on the table. He'd have to find a time to excuse himself and re-summon the creature later, when he had time to burn a few things outside. He dropped his hands back to his lap when Sauron returned.

"Thanks," he replied. "I guess I'm just not used to being around someone with such a reputation, you know? It'd make anyone nervous. Not that it's at all your fault, of course. Meeting with officials has never ended well for me, I'll just leave it at that." He propped one elbow back on the table as he spoke, rolling one of the small, shiny beads in his hair under his thumb.

Sauron laughed, and quite heartily. He leaned forward, allowing himself to enjoy the laughter, before finally catching his breath and speaking to Ildris.

"Ildris, do you really think that my titles mean anything here? Sure, I may be a king. Sure, I may run guilds. But that gives me no authority here beyond what I take by force. And do I really look like the kind of guy that didn't have something going on in my past? You've nothing to fear from me. So long as you are respectful to me, I will be respectful to you. It's simple."

Ildris looked dumbfounded for a moment, only his thumb continuing to move as it rolled the bright blue bead in thought. It was odd to think that a place where standing no longer mattered really existed, yet there he was, sitting inside it. He unfroze as Sauron finished speaking, the wheels in his head trying to catch up.

"It's really that easy?" Ildris asked. "Huh. I figured we were rather cut off from the rest of humanity, but I never imagined that far. It's kind of relieving to hear, actually. Nice to be treated like a human being. Did you mention something about your past? Well, now that I'm here and being fed, I wouldn't mind hearing about it if you'd like to share." The knot of nervousness in him finally relaxed a bit, although it was difficult to not have the dragon around to occupy the extra space between his thoughts.

He chuckled a bit, amused at Ildris's relief. Having not done anything to Sauron, it didn't make sense for him to be anxious at all...not to Sauron anyways. A waitress walks up, setting their order down before them. Sauron leans forward, smelling the delicious food, and cutting into his steak as he looks back up at Ildris.

"My past is, well, expansive. To tell it properly, it would likely take the rest of your lifetime. However, I can hit the cliff notes for you. I was born as a Drow, a Dark-elf. They are an evil people who worship the spider goddess, Lloth. I did not fit in with them, finding their ways to be horrid. I left, and after a long time, I made my way to the surface of my world, having learned a lot during my time in the Underdark, perhaps one of the most dangerous places for a mortal to be. During the rest of my time on my home world, I learned the arts of stealth, magic, and healing, eventually learning to pierce the Veil, the magic that separates the worlds. Now I walk the planes, learning whatever I can, wherever I can, from whomever I can. Though, lately I haven't been learning much. It seems that there is, in fact, a finite amount of information to learn in the multiverse, and what is left for me to learn is either beyond my grasp, due to the fact that I was not born an immortal, or beneath my caring to understand."
Lilith Morana Meri (played by NemeanGold)

After a couple days of wandering the great mountains, Lilith was convinced she had gotten herself lost, which was never much of a big deal to her because her heart's compass always pointed to the sea, until finally the hard rocky terrain gave way to a lush forest. The setting sun hung low in the sky and she was ready to call it a day until she noticed an opening in the trees that lead to a rather large field. As she broke though the trees she groaned in frustration at the sight of the lake. It seemed as if she couldn't resist her natural instinct to head toward water. Just as she was about to turn back to set up in the woods for the night she noticed a small run down building off in the distance and decided that a roof over her head for the night might not be such a bad idea. With a huff she set off toward the building.

Not expecting anything to be inside the run down tavern she strode in like she owned the place, raven black curls cascaded down her back and framed her petite face, piercing ocean blue eyes scanning the room and showed no sign of the alarm that welled up inside her at finding the place not only occupied but well kept. The tavern lighting caught the speckles of silver that marred the nearly perfect blue eyes. A simple black gossamer gown, that showed little signs of her trek, hung on her curves and swept across the well polished hardwood floors, concealing her bare feet. Her eyes scanned the room, settling on a small open table in the back and she made her way to it, weaving her way though the occupants and gracefully settling into a seat with her back to the wall.
Arcaenia (played by seraphimxoxo)

A lion the color of snow laps from the lake after it's run from the forest. After figuring it would not need water to cure a wound like the one on it's side, maybe the taste of alcohol can quell the pain for the time being. With it's huge paws, it pads up to the entrance of the tavern, talking a look at it's shambled appearance before going inside, stalking around as if it were on the hunt for prey. The animal looked blind, eyes the color of it's soft pelt as it skulked it's way to the fire. Without a moment's hesitation, the lion padded a circle around an area, then laid by the flames, licking at it's wound. It would be some time before all the creature's blood was cleaned. This left a salmon colored tinge to it's fur.

The lion listened in to others' conversations and occasionally lifted it's head to the smell of food. What else could the creature do besides rest here? After the beast stopped raising it's head, it was apparent that it fell asleep or simply did not care about it's surroundings at this point. The black mark on it's forehead, that of an eye, began to pulse with a soft light. A yawn, silent at that, came from it, it's large mouth opening to reveal large white teeth that seemed as sharp as blades and it's curled tongue, pink spotted with black.

((I'm going to assume that Ildris is indisposed now. If you see this and wish to return, we'll figure something out and continue our conversation.))

His eyes raised from Ildris, watching the lady with dark hair and sparkling eyes enter the room. Something about her didn't seem quite right. He had met her kind before, somewhere, but he couldn't quite place it. It was likely to drive him slightly mad until he figured out why he felt she was dangerous.

His eyes then turned to regard the lion creeping into the room, moving to sit by the fire. That one did not look well off, and was likely in need of some assistance. The creature did not look quite right, and something about it's aura seemed different. This wasn't likely to be what it appeared, so he knew he would have to proceed with some amount of caution.

"Excuse me, Ildris. That one needs help, I think."

Sauron stood from the table, moving towards the bar for a moment. It was just in time for his food to be coming out, so he took the plates from the waitress, ordering a tall mead, and bringing Ildris his food. He took his own plate, and slowly approached the lion, stopping about ten feet away.

"You look injured. And I'm sure you're hungry. Would you like some steak?"
(Hi there, can I join? I read the rules)

((It's an open RP, there's no specific story line or anything, so feel free!))
(Great! Thanks! Guess I'll just pop in then)

Chimera Auxilidora was the name of the woman, who walked into the Mystic Tavern right at this second. She seemed quite normal and didn't look dangerous, but don't let her looks fool you. Chimera is literally named after a mythological monster, and she is a demon knight. What she's doing in this realm was unknown. Her hair was completely white and in a spiky ponytail. She had lived between the humans for quite some time now. A couple of years at the very least, so she knew how to blend in. She didn't need to try very hard though, as she could create illusions, and make you see what she wants you to see. So when you see a regular girl with dyed hair in a hoodie, the reality is something far different. She's in hellish armor, her eyes glow and she has huge wings. A few people, however, possess the ability to see the truth. She has yet to meet one. She walks up to the bar silently, sits down on a bar stool and orders a drink.
Arcaenia (played by seraphimxoxo)

The lion, who had opened it's blind eyes, looked in Sauron's direction. "Ah, yes. If you wouldn't mind." The beast, it spoke! It's voice was male and gruff, wise and powerful. It's mane moved as it turned it's head, placing a paw in front of it's self. It was beckoning him to bring the plate closer. "I haven't the strength to turn back, you see.", the large albino cat explained as it turned onto his back slowly, yawning again and purring loudly as it warmed up by the fire.
Zimera (played by Zinx)

Zimera closed the door of the tavern behind her and looked at the bigger interer. It was a lot larger then what the outside portrayed, but she was used to it by now. Zi came here often and mainly due to the creatures that may appear with their masters. She has always cared for creatures and beings of magical or mystical nature.

"Can I have my usual?" her voice was soft and almost like a whisper. The berry drink was her favorite. Mostly fruits and rare fruits made it seem like a piece of her home. It was a bitter sweet kind of taste. Knowing she could never return. She pinched the brim of her nose as she tried to forget the sadness. Slowly it faded away back into the box in her mind. Her red eyes lifted up once more, glowing under the darkness of her black hood. Her long silvery hair flowed out over her shoulders like a waterfall of lead. A sea green rock in the shape of the moon hung from her neck, laying right on the middle of her collar bone. Taking another sip of her drink, she looked around. Seeing A lot of familiar faces and some not as much.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Tavern [CLOSED]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus