Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Tavern [CLOSED]

(I apologize for replying late! - I will be going on a vacation tomorrow and won't be back till Sunday. If I'm able to take my laptop with me, I might be able to reply some time during the week)

She just looked at him as he seemed to taste the name. How it felt on his tongue, like a fine wine. She nodded and smiled. "Thank you," she replied. She knew it wasn't her real name, but she still felt a bit attached to it. It did have some meaning to her. It was her alias. Her escape from the truth. From her real origin. The Demon Realm. She quite liked the name, as it hid her from the horrors of the past. Sometimes she might even prefer it, but then again. Chimera. Only a demon could name their child after a mythological monster. But then again, she kind of was a monster, wasn't she? How many lives had she taken in the name of the Royal family? How many had she taken getting out? He broke her chain of thoughts as he talked to himself about how he probably stood out. "Well, people have already adjusted to seeing me," she replied, knowing very well that he wasn't talking directly to her. She gestured to her clothes, which to him, would also be modern attire from the Human Realm. The only difference was that she didn't look like a lawyer, but more like young adult. She wore something that must young people would wear. She wore a white tanktop with some kind of print on it, a blue hoodie, jeans and sneakers. She couldn't help but wonder if he could sense it. The dark aura surrounding her, possibly making people a bit uneasy. Like they just stepped into a cemetery or something similar. But as long as she kept up the illusion, he'd never see her real form, which was seemingly more intimidating. She looked around the Tavern for a bit, scanning the room. Her eyes fell on the little group of people she had talked to earlier, before she returned her gaze to Maxwell, when he asked her a question. She sighed and sat down on a chair by the table, being tired of standing up. "Running away from my problems," she responded. "It's complicated. I come here a lot, because it's so familiar and people don't bother me," she added. "It's very spectacular, and Saurons to blame. He owns this Tavern." She looked at Sauron for a moment again. He had sent her a mysterious smile earlier, that made her a bit unsure. She wasn't really sure what it had meant, but she sent him a smile. She ordered another drink and waited for it to show up in front of her on the table.
Maxwell (played by Lucretire)

"Ah, I suppose you may have a point..." Maxwell mused. He propped his elbow against the table, cradling his cheek against his raised hand in a casual manner. As he noted her clothing, he seemed to be admiring her form. Or was he simply admiring her clothing; how despite their modern look, the youthful wear seemed to fit perfectly alongside this tavern? Whatever the intent, it was slight and passing. He had no intention for any sort of flirtations unless the chance presented itself freely.

"Don't we all seem to run away from our problems, if only for a little while?" He could only smile at Chimera and raise his bottle in a small semblance of understanding. He nodded along politely to the conversation until a name caught his attention: the owner of the tavern. His lips fell straight for a moment. "...Sauron?" His eyes followed her gaze toward the man at the table. Is that him? He demurely examined the stranger again, silently analysing his form and attire. I would imagine more of a... Merchant type. But then again...

"Does he ever visit his own establishment?" He questioned curiously. "It's such a fine place with its own... Charm." His eyebrows raise for a hint of emphasis. "I would love to meet the person behind such a place. To express my humble gratitude, of course." With that, he took a longer drink of his water, delighting in the taste with closed eyes. He then looked at the bottle itself in mild amazement. Such a crisp taste. Exactly how I like my water. Hmm. Where did the owner get this from?
Sauron Runecaster (played by Sauron_Runecaster) Topic Starter

With a grace that all people familiar with elves would know, he set his chalice down and stood simultaneously. The chalice barely touched the table before it vanished without sound, flash or fanfare. It simply wasn't there anymore. He moved towards the entrance of the tavern, his footing light and nimble, a stepping that most would attribute to that of an elf, though anyone who could see the finer details of a mans gait would know it to be the stride of an agile warrior. Without hesitation, he walked out of the tavern.

As he exited the tavern, he pulled the cowl of his cloak up, the shadows immediately disguising his face in impenetrable shadows, only his crimson red eyes glowing from underneath. He walked, or more strolled, to the docks at the lake, moving to the end of it and sitting down, looking over the water. Were anyone to follow him or happen by at that moment, they would see a small ripple from the water ebb out from him, though no part of his body or belongings were touching the water. Those who could feel energy, so long as they were outside the tavern at that moment, would feel a ripple of energy exude from him, like a floodgate opened downward, and water spilled in all directions. It was only a moment though, like a pressure valve releasing tension in a line. He leaned forward onto his knees, propping his shoulders up on his elbows, and looked across the lake.
Maxwell (played by Lucretire)

((Sorry, guys, I have a bit too much going on to keep up. I may come back sometime. See ya around, and sorry for the awkward exit post!))

It was then a small buzzing in Maxwell's pocket caught his attention. He looked to Chimera and gives an apologetic grin. "My apologies, Miss Chira. It seems duty calls... If you'll excuse me." He finished the remainder of his water and rose up from his table, paying no mind to the fact that the empty bottle simply vanished as he set it down on the table. Pausing to give her a friendly nod, he made his way toward the exit. Long and quick strides went past open doors and out into the grasses and greenery of the outdoors. The buzzing went off again in his pocket.

He reached downwards and rummaged in his pants pocket for the vibrating source: a sleek touchscreen phone with a small mana-based crystal embedded in the top. The large amount of energy nearby from Sauron was well noted as he tapped the screen and put it to his ear. "...Hello." A frown. "...What do you mean you sent me to the wrong place?" A pause, then a sigh. "Fine, I'll play your game... So, return through the pathway I came from?" A short pause. "...Understood." He tapped the screen again and placed it back into his pocket. Such a scatterbrained spirit they are.

He took one more look at the tavern and the nearby lake, barely spotting the figure that sat near the docks. Soon, he started his usual stroll down the beaten pathway that he originated from. To Maxwell, it was just walking through a simple, yet gradual shift to his next location, guided by an outside force beyond his own control. To anyone else that may have seen him walking down the path at that time, a quiet and strong power pulsed through the air, then he, like the power, just simply faded away into nothing.

The keenest of senses could clearly tell that the quick surge of power did not come from him. Then where did it come from? Who knows? It, like the man, was gone for now, to leave the tavern to its workings. Who knows if and when he'll come back again of his own accord.
A shooting star passed just over the moutains, as it approached the Tavern it revealed itself as a space ship, obviouly not of human design, it looked like a molten metal shard, irradiating heat and energy, it slowed down before landig swiftly just in front of the Tavern, 30 meters away from the entrance, the cockpit opened, revealing a girl covered with burning tatoos, she kept her head down, letting her hair covering her face.
Suddendly a giant power surge occured as for a brief second a portal opened between dimensions, illuminating the entire area with a bright white flash.
Levy looked at the treeline for a few moments before sighing.
-Can't you just leave me alone kitty-cat ?
-Oh, come one, next time you're going to tell me you don't like me.
-No, I don't like you, I hate you.
-See ? *chuckle* Anyway, want to go in ?
-Do you at least know where we are ?
-Apart from another plane of existence ?
-Yes, apart from that.
Two electric blue eyes materialized between two trees, staring at the Tavern.
The two eyes shifted in a position akin to raising an eyebrow, without an eyebrow.
-The Mystical Tavern ? Really ? Oh man I hate this place !
-Really ? Oh, right, you hate...Sauron, is that right ?
-Yes ! Damn this guy, just to damn dark ! Also, I hate his calice.
-Is that all ? Other people's styles usually never bothers you, wasn't it because someone used catnip on you, again ?
The creature in the trees grit her teeth before releasing the pressure in a long sigh.
-Pffffff....*Breath in* *Breath out* Okay, maybe because I was drugged with catnip and maked fun of ?
-Hmm hmm ?
-Alright, I'm coming, but if someone do that EVER again, I'm killing him.
-Yes, I saw that last time.
Levy raised an eyebrow, she didn't asked her to follow her...yet, and she remembered the rampage Emily got in 2 days ago, 50 kills for her, 70 for Em, 10 for the guards (those guys really didn't know how to aim properly), almost 70% percent of civilians, the rest was guards, police, mercenaries, bounty hunters or else, it was...funny, plus, she even somehow managed to not spill her drink in the middle of that mess.
Though, it had been an easy one, the guard were barely trained, and even if they had modern plasma blasters, they couldn't manage to even land one single hit, the police was more successfull, landing 3 hits on Em and two on herself, injuring Em and even crippling her, but didn't even scratched her skin, or what the hell she had in place of skin, she didn't know, anyway.
Emily let out a giggle before stepping out of the trees, deactivating her camouflage, revealing herself as a 1m60 white haired neko in some sort of armor, thick metamollecular clothes, brown gym bra and pants, with a mini-skirt, her hair was waist-long, but somehow changed lenght when needed.
Emily opened her mouth a she arrived at Levy's side.
-So, are we going in or not ?
Levy smiled before walking to the Tavern and opening the door, and she stood there, blocking the door with her feet and observing the room with Emily out of sight of the persons inside the taverns.

As he sat, staring at the water, he caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a shooting star. It then quickly revealed itself to be one of those machines he had seen once or twice before. A spaceship, he recalled. He grinned a bit, shaking his head in marvel at the creations of various races and planets. To be capable of performing magic with mundane things was truly a wonder to him, and while he felt the practices of magic were much more exacting and required greater presence of mind, the abilities of those who were incapable of such things to perform those functions anyways was still worthy of respect.

He watched for a moment as it's passengers exited the vehicle, watching them enter the tavern. He kept his senses tied to the tavern, ensuring that nothing were to happen in his absence, and turned his gaze back to the water, relaxing at it's sound and sight.
Catherine (played by Raider-jack29)

( hope you don't mind if I jump in... I need a place to introduce my new characters and this seems perfect)

The days prior had never seemed so gloomy to the four strangers in the forest. Happy endings where things they expected, things that SHE told them where ment to come true as long as they worked twords it. Some of them had given their lives to be by her side others gave kingdomes, some had no life before her, and some had spent the best years of their life by her side they felt great sadness at her passing and yet they did not weep as they approached the small tavern before them for today was a celebration of her life and her deeds. To think that seven years prior she had seemingly appeared out of thin air and each day he spent in the realm she taught another lesson she had taught a dragon to love and given him a so, she had taught a young witch what it's like to feel joy, and she had taught a vengeful fairy what it means to forgive not only others but yourself as well. The figures entered the tavern slowly with tears rolling down their cheeks but smiles on their faces for she would not ask them to shed tears. So with as much grace as they could muster the four cloaked figures sat at a small table in the tavern. Two of these figures where a pair of teens who held hands tightly as if to keep the other from dissapearing, the third an man probably in his late 20's and upon his lap a small boy with peculiar brown eyes which where very rare in their realm. They sat in the chairs amidst the tavern and while most of the patrons here seemed to be rather dark in their opinion this group seemed to radiate a soft warm light like that of a hearth in late winter. Most they come across when encountering the group seemed to find the ability to tell the group anything for the kindness shared by the group was apparent.

( sorry about any grammar issues...and I know my writting is not the best but I really wanted to join this forum because I love fantasy..and I'm also currently Writting a book about these characters and your seeing a preview of what happens after the series is over...ill shut up now)
Chimera was admittedly quite curious when Maxwell suddenly upped and left. Though he did apologize first. There was something about him though, that she couldn't quite put her finger on. Of course she heard the spaceship and saw the girl blocking the door, but she seemingly ignored it. She wasn't particularly curious. A lot of people came to the Tavern, this girl being no exception. So she didn't use magic to get here? Not uncommon. Chimera was more interested in the little group of people mourning at a table. She could see that they were mourning, because she knew first-hand what it was like. The dark cloaks, showing up at a Tavern like this and tears on their faces were dead give-aways. She knew, because that is was she did. She suddenly remembered a young girl, sweating, panting and crying as she walked into the Tavern and ordered a drink. She was overwhelmed with grief and afraid for her future. It was obvious that she was running away, and she succeeded. She shook the thoughts away. Why think about the past now? These guys were probably remembering a friend. She walked up to them with determined steps. It didn't take long before she stood by their table, her hands seemingly in the pockets of her blue hoodie. Some goldenbrown eyes could be seen under it as well as some white strands of hair. She looked like your average girl next door. She was quite pretty and her skin was pure and pale. "Let me offer my condolences," she said to the group, her voice soothing and soft. Quite unusual for a demon, but they couldn't see that of course. Not unless they were someone like Sauron, or she let her guard down.
Levy raised an eyebrow at the sight of the obviously tough girl offering her condelences to the group, but she shrugged it off, as she made a beeline for the bar, she stopped mid-way when she sensed that Emily wasn't behind her, she turned towards the entrance to see her standing there, staring intensely at the girl, as pale as she had seen a ghost.
Levy nervously walked back and gripped Emily's shoulder.
-Hey, everything alright ?
-N-no, I-I mean yes, let's go.
Emily shrugged her hand off and simply walked passed her, Levy lend a questionning look on the girl before following her very-very close friend, a bit too close to be just a friend.
For her part, Emily was terrified, did she just saw a demon ? Like the things from hell ? She only managed to see through whatever she used to hide herself because she forgot to deactivate her quantum sensors and active scanners, as she was trying to locate Sauron, which she did pretty fast, considering the power surrounding him.
She sat shakily at the bar while Levy sat beside her, when she looked at her with another questionning gaze, Emily mouthed "Not now, later", to which Levy simply nodded, but put an hand on one of her cutlass, just in case.

[Hey, I let Emily see through the illusion to declench something between the two and the rest of the Tavern, but if you're not okay with it, I can delete it if you want.
Playwars, out]
(I'm completely fine with it as it is something that might actually happen in this RP, and it provides an interesting opportunity as well as it connects her and the other characters. A nice idea for an introduction)

The group smiles at the stranger that had just approached offering condolences the tallest of the group nods appreciatively pulling back his hood to show of his lightly tanned skin and blond hair with eyes that resembled candles flickering and changing in the wind with the colors of gold, orange, and blue. He looked no older than 20 years of age but spoke as if with the grace of a man 3 times his age " thank you kind stranger for your words but we no longer cry for my wife because the time for grieving has ended and it is now time for celebration because today my adopted elder son has come of age and though we are not the same species or blood Line in my heart he will always be my son" he points across the table to one of the cloaked figures clearly in their teen years.
" sorry I must be bothering you" he says with a chuckle and shake of his head, "please do what you wish and if you want you may join us for a drink"

The tavern was starting to fill again. His presence was required, and he knew it. He lingered by the water for a moment longer, his thoughts closed in tight against any possible intrusions. Then he stood, his power levels disappearing entirely, including that of his gear. It's as if all magic had be drained from him and his belongings, though his face showed no concern. He walked...no, strolled...to the tavern, his hands resting lightly and casually on the swords at his side. The lake was wonderful for centering the mind. It almost had a power of it's own for those who would let it.

He entered the tavern, seeing the patronage in their own groups and conversations. This was good. Conversation beget drinking. Drinking beget need. Need kept the Tavern as it was meant to be, a place for people to grow, to learn, to relax...to be what any individual needed at the time, even if they didn't know they needed it. He moved towards the corner, his corner, and sat down. He propped his feet upon the table in his normal manner, and sipped from his chalice; which the discerning person would notice wasn't there a moment ago. He tapped the table with his feet, creating just enough noise to be heard faintly over the murmur in the tavern, and a black ring appeared on the table. From this ring appeared a small psuedodragon, and a cat that was nothing but bones and sinew. They looked up at him, then towards each other. They then moved to opposite sides of the black ring, and as soon as the magic disappeared, they tackled each other, wrestling in front of him. Sauron looked at the two of them as they wrestled, and chuckled a bit while shaking his head. "You two keep practicing like that, and you may be able to take me down some day!"

The two of them stopped for a moment and looked at their master. Even someone who could not see their facial expressions would likely be able to tell that they looked at him incredulously. He laughed heartily at this, and the two of them continued to wrestle on the table before him.

((After a week of no posts, I'm going to declare this thread closed. Thanks everyone for roleplaying!))
[Damn, okay]

( I waited for a reply that never came. *sigh*)

((lol, if no reply comes, feel free to assume they are no longer available. Yeah, it messes with continuity a bit, but it's better than closing the thread.

I'll keep the thread open if there are people still interested in playing. Feel free to resume!!!!))
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

(If people wanted to do something more plotty and medieval I'd be down for that. For now just assume the Hanged Man is passed out under a table somewhere :P)

( just need to think of something...still pretty early in the morning here)

((While I would normally be down for running a game, I've too much on my plate to do so right now (what with running a D&D game for my friends and playing in two). If someone wants to make a character to create some havoc, that's fine, just remember that people aren't required to participate in it, and it's generally best to leave damage to the tavern out of the havoc as it forces others to participate if they would otherwise wish not to))

( still nothing....I'm just waiting for someone else to post so I have somthing to bounce off)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mystic Tavern [CLOSED]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus