Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

The Red Fool (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

"Four years this summer. I was gunna go into the military, but I changed my mind last minute and decided on being a cop." He smiled brightly, as he opened the back door to the cruiser, holding his head lightly as he guided him in. He wasn't gentle, but he wasn't rough either. He just wanted to make sure that he was okay. As the door closed, he opened his own, tossing the bag in beside him.
"Seen anything interesting lately?" Roosevelt asked, making himself comfortable in the distinctly uncomfortable backseat.

He was working his way around to learning more information about the vigilante but he wanted to tread carefully. He wasn't planning on being arrested without getting something out of it. Cody would be pleased--assuming he got over the whole incident of Roo being caught.

"Heh, I've not see them myself, but some of the guys have been telling tall tales about a girl running around who looks like a super hero. Clumsy oaf from the sounds of it." He laughed, his partner looking glum as he drove, the others being followed by other officers.

"Don't forget the kid in the lightening bolt costume." That got a wry smile from the man in the driver's seat.

Laughter erupted from the officer who arrested him, "Oh god. Someone needs to detox the coffee out of that kid's system." It seemed like neither of them knew about the real powers involved in these two.
Roosevelt leaned forward, intrigued. "A girl in a costume and a kid in a lightning outfit....how ridiculous." He almost smiled. "So I suppose it's too much to say that you take either of them seriously? Do they work together or anything?"

The older, more grizzled cop shook his head, "Not so far as I can tell. She thinks she's a hero and one of the others almost caught up to them, and he all but sold her to the dogs. He seems like a right dick and she's just trying to help."

The younger cop was still laughing to himself.
Roosevelt scowled. He didn't know why, but he wanted to help AJ. He wanted her to show up the cops, that she wasn't someone to just laugh at. He sat back in the cruiser and looked out the window.

"Well, I'm sure they have their reasons," he muttered.

The younger cop snickered, "Have you ever seen someone slip on a banana peel? That poor girl is gunna get herself killed before we catch her." He snickered and reached into the bag that Roosevelt had, looking at the shirt and skirt and then he pulled out the mask.

It dawned on him slowly, "Uh, Cassidy? I think we got something important here."
Dammit. They searched the bag. He had hoped they wouldn't, or at least not carefully enough to decipher what was in it.

"Hey, that's mine! Put it down." Roosevelt called through the bars, forgetting that he had technically given up his rights at the moment being that he was arrested.

Both officers closed their traps as they came up to the station. The younger one scooped up the bag, the older man going to grab Roosevelt. Things had turned serious and they took the bag to be logged as evidence and had another officer take him to have his call.
Roosevelt didn't hesitate as he punched the numbers into the phone. And then waited for the call to connect. He hoped the number that AJ had given him wasn't a fake. He'd have a hard time explaining that to the cops...

"Please pick up," he murmured to himself.

She sounded groggy, but AJ did indeed answer, "Yeh? Who's this?" She was sitting two blocks from her flat, having been unable to move anymore. She curled up on a doorstep, pulling her hoodie close.
"Um, AJ? It's Roosevelt...are you busy by any chance?" He glanced sidelong at the cop that was hovering nearby; it was hard to tell if he was eavesdropping or not. And in any case, he didn't want to alarm AJ or the cop.

"Uh no. I just... I'm stuck outside because my arms hurt too much to move. I tried to get coffee and I'm tired from the pain medication... Do you need something?" He could hear her shuffling, as she tried to stand. This seemed urgent, considering how it was dark outside now. And men didn't call that fast.
"Oh, I see, you're stuck..." Disappointment ran clear in Roosevelt's tone. "Um, well, it's not an urgent matter, per se. I can spend the night. But um if you get the chance, you mind bailing me out by tomorrow morning? I'm, er, at the local police station and I'm afraid you left your bag in my jeep. And the police have it now. Anyway, I'll pay you back if you can manage it."

He tried to reason that calling AJ would be far better than calling Cody. He just didn't know how she would respond. They had only met earlier. And now he was asking her to bail him out of jail. Some relationship this was starting out to be.

"If you can't...don't worry about it," he added.

"I'm on my way right now. I'll call a cab." She hung up. It wasn't her suit she was worried about, it was him. As she stood, a familiar car pulled up. She swallowed her minimum wage pride and got in, "I need to go to the police station, please." She put her crutches in the back and saw the gleeful look on Casey Kopp's face.

They drove in silence and he helped her into the station, looking around to see who it was that had gotten her to bail them - to him, this was the best news ever.
The irony would have been better, only if Roosevelt had switched places with Cody Wesson. Roosevelt leaned against the bars, arms crossed, dark eyes scanning the people he shared a cell with, and then occasionally looking out when cops passed by.

He sighed. Cody would so have his head for this if he found out. Scratch that; when he found out.

AJ spoke with several officers before finally being brought to him, Casey behind her, grinning like a wicked imp. Concern filled her drugged-up eyes, "Are you okay? You're lucky the bail wasn't too high. I am flat broke now, and I owe him money too." Her shoulders slumped, as much as they could with her crutches under her arms, "Do you want to spend the night with me? My flat's elevator is broken and it would be nice to have help up the stairs."

Behind her, the blonde man grinned, looking between them - holding his tongue for now.
Roosevelt's gaze darted between AJ and her follower, but he kept his suspicions to himself. "Um, I'll pay you back for the bail; thanks. And the cops have my--that is, your bag."

He paused and considered her offer. "I might take you up on that, if you don't mind." His gaze drifted to Casey. "I have only honorable intentions, I promise."

Casey snorted, "Say what you will." He smacked AJ on the ass, "Annabella is a little wild one in the sack." His eyes held a challenge. He didn't like Roosevelt on sight and kept his arm around the petite hero.

AJ on the other hand, looked like she wanted to melt away, "Thanks. I think I'm ditching it though. It's just got the costume in it and they've looked, haven't they?" She was keeping her voice low, trying to keep the pink off of her cheeks.
Roosevelt flushed as well, though it didn't show so much on his darker complexion. It was a simple thing he was glad for; and he didn't meet Casey's eyes after that.

"Um, yes they did see it--your costume, that is." He decided not to add that they had assumed it was his or for his girlfriend--which he didn't have currently. "I'll have to pick up my wallet from the cops first, before we go. I've got some emergency cash for when I need it."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus