Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

The Red Fool (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

She wrapped both arms around him, "Thank you. This has been... an exciting day to say the least." She closed her eyes, putting her head on his shoulder, wondering if he would be there in the morning. Atleast she was certain he wasn't going to rob her blind.
Roosevelt sighed. "You should go to bed, AJ," he murmured. "You'll feel better if you sleep horizontal."

He yawned, exhausted from his multiple trips up and down the stairs. He was hoping to get an early start in the morning, but judging by the burn in his legs, he wasn't sure he would be gone before AJ woke up.

She nodded and stood, "Come with me." She took his hand, pulling him towards her room, "Stay with me. I need someone to protect me." Besides, then he'll know the worst of you and if he doesn't come back, good riddance. Otherwise, he is a keeper. She thought to herself.
"What? AJ...are you...? No." Roosevelt stood and made it halfway down the hallway, then stopped. His dark eyes were serious. "I'm all for spending the night, don't get me wrong, but it's your apartment, your room. I'd rather sleep on the couch anyway."

She pouted out her lip, "Fine, but one day you will sleep in that bed." The moment the words left her mouth she slapped her hand to her face, "Wow, that sounded creepy. I need sleep bad. Nothing is gunna fix that statement."
Roosevelt chuckled in spite of himself. "Maybe if I'm sticking around..." he flushed suddenly and averted his eyes. "Ah, you're not the only one who's tired. And tell you what, I'll stick around long enough to make sure Casey doesn't try anything. How does that sound?"

She nodded, "Sure. Are you going to take off and never come back?" She yawned, leaning against the wall. She smiled softly, closing her eyes, certain he wouldn't be going anywhere.
Roosevelt shrugged. "Let me take you on a real date, and then we'll talk." Well, given their circumstances, he really didn't need to take his time about that. He grinned. "You wanna go on a date with me tomorrow? We can go out for lunch or dinner. Your choice. Although I'll apologize in advance for my, uh, lack of proper dating attire."

"Yeah, I'd like that. I work until eight, though, is that okay?" She paused, acutally, I think that I can call off, after all, I'm not exactly gunna be able to walk about and talk shoes in my current state." She laughed and kissed his cheek before turning to go to her bedroom, "Keep the keys, might come in handy to have someone with another set."
"You should at least show up to work," Roosevelt pointed out, "and let them see your condition. Although I daresay you could talk shoes in any state."

He pocketed the keys without any comment. "Actually, if you don't mind...I'd like to take a shower?" He still had that stain to remove from his shirt after all.

She nodded, "Yeah, there are clean towels in the bathroom, and you just need to yank the hot knob out a bit to get it going, rather than turn it. It broke a number of months back. Enjoy your shower." She slipped into her room to sleep.
Roosevelt arched a brow when she explained how the shower worked. "Broken knob, huh?" he muttered, turning to enter the shower.

He made quick work of cleaning off, learning by trial and error how to adjust the hot water. He left his shirt to air dry and then stepped out once more wearing his jeans. He tried to be quiet as he looked for a screwdriver, found one, and then fixed the knob for AJ.

By the time he had done that, his shirt was only half wet and he was exhausted. He collapsed on the couch, shirtless. It would be the first real sleep he had gotten in the last three months--and he slept deeply.
Madness was striking through the city the next day. A few local gangs had joined forces and were in an army fashion, shooting up everyone and everything in their path. The first one on the scene was of course, Doctor Dredd. Those uzis drawn, he shot and ducked for cover, getting a few in the legs. He wasn't looking to kill, as usual, after all a few bullets to the leg wouldn't kill anyone. He seemed to be bravely going at it alone, and unfortunately, he eventually ran out of bullets. He put away his guns before dashing forward with his rapier drawn, slicing the shooting hand and feet of each person he could get to, while struggling against the flow of bullets hitting his armored coat and bulletproof vest. He looked as if he needed help, but would a certain clumsy little superhero be able to do something to help, or would he be facing the menace all on his own?

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus